Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th December 2018, 00:00   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Road-trip to Sangti Valley, Arunachal Pradesh

Excellent pics and narration Gunin. Makes me miss NE even more. Glad to see the alternate route gaining popularity. How does it compare to the beautiful drive up Nechiphu from Bhalukpong?
wanderernomad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2018, 09:57   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveTrain View Post
Captivating and breathtaking snaps aided with wonderful narration , brings back fond memories.

I recall that there was a Sheep breeding farm at Sangti that was very picturesque and the Sheep dotting the countryside made for picture postcard photo opportunity. The valley is very scenic , reminds you of Swiss Landscapes.

Sharing a few old snaps , hope you don't mind..
Wow! beautiful pictures there DriveTrain. I believe this must be in winter as the landscape is brown. The sheep breeding farm is still there and going by the number of sheep we saw, i think the farm is doing well. Thank you for reading and sharing the beautiful pictures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARAY View Post
First of all thanks for sharing your experience with all of us, it brought back very beautiful memories of our AR trip. Plan to visit AR and the adjoining States again.
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/trave...uster-awd.html (Hyderabad to Arunachal, Assam & Meghalaya in a Duster AWD)

The pictures of Bolero look superb.
Keep traveling and sharing such wonderful experiences.
ARAY coming from you it means a lot. I have just started reading your Hyd-Odisha-WB log. The amount of distance you cover on your drives is amazing. Thank you for reading and for the lovely snaps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
For a second, I was wondering if the gazelle was your son or the Bolero

I love Rajma!

Red Liner I wish I could call my Bolero a gazelle . The rajma was to die for!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderernomad View Post
Excellent pics and narration Gunin. Makes me miss NE even more. Glad to see the alternate route gaining popularity. How does it compare to the beautiful drive up Nechiphu from Bhalukpong?
Thank you for the appreciation. I am unaware of Nechipu. Is it after crossing Bomdila? I find the Bhalukpong drive to be a bit challenging in that one has to be constantly on the guard on the blind curves whereas here one can relax a bit and enjoy the drive.
gunin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2018, 19:56   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunin View Post

Thank you for the appreciation. I am unaware of Nechipu. Is it after crossing Bomdila? I find the Bhalukpong drive to be a bit challenging in that one has to be constantly on the guard on the blind curves whereas here one can relax a bit and enjoy the drive.
Nechiphu is the pass you climb upto from Bhalukpong and on the other side go down to Tenga.
wanderernomad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2018, 07:13   #19
BHPian

Quote:
... We started around 6 am from Guwahati for our destination of the day, Shergaon. The route for the day was Guwahati- Sipajhar- Rowta- Kahibari- Bhairabkunda- Balemu- Kalaktang-Gyoto monastery- Shergaon.
It's another breathtaking travelogue from you, Gunin! Shergaon looks almost like to a dreamland. How difficult is the hilly stretch of the road between Guwahati and Shergaon? I mean, is it doable in a hatch or is it strictly a 4x4 territory?

Anyway, thanks a ton for putting up such a beautiful travelogue and giving us the glimpses of the hidden gems of Arunachal. Keep driving and keep posting!

Best,
gmhossain is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th December 2018, 15:26   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmhossain View Post
It's another breathtaking travelogue from you, Gunin! Shergaon looks almost like to a dreamland. How difficult is the hilly stretch of the road between Guwahati and Shergaon? I mean, is it doable in a hatch or is it strictly a 4x4 territory?

Anyway, thanks a ton for putting up such a beautiful travelogue and giving us the glimpses of the hidden gems of Arunachal. Keep driving and keep posting!

Best,

Thanks a lot . The road till Shergaon and even up to Dirang is in very good condition. 4*4 is not required on this route. I think it will be very enjoyable in a good hatchback.
Old 22nd December 2018, 08:52   #21
Team-BHP Support

Beautiful pictures and what a lovely place!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
What a beautiful place! When we all tend to think, every thing is done and dusted, there comes another!
Absolutely! Now another place got added to the never ending list.

Quote:
2. Noisy engine: There is no way around the noisy diesel clatter. On a positive note, I don’t have to honk at people in narrow lanes as people get out of the way hearing the engine sound. It has LET (Loud Engine Tech)
Loud Engine Tech is epic. I have started using this term as well. Get it copyrighted before Mahindra starts using it in their advertisements

Quote:
8. Braking is poor on my Bolero with the wheels locking up easily on sudden braking even at moderate speeds. The braking has improved after I upgraded to Continental Crosscontacts AT 235/75 R15.
I have never faced this issue in my Bolero. Have you ever complained about this to the service centre guys?
BlackPearl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2018, 12:11   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
Beautiful pictures and what a lovely place!!

I have never faced this issue in my Bolero. Have you ever complained about this to the service centre guys?
Thanks a lot Blackpearl . I never complained thinking it to be the normal way the Bolero drives. Once a biker stopped suddenly in front of me and when I applied brakes, the Bolero skidded after wheel lock-up and almost hit the bike. This was at speeds of around 50 kmph and normal tarmac. Since then, I drive this car very carefully. The wheels locking up seems to have been solved with the tyre upgrade though.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks