Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th December 2018, 18:02   #16
BHPian

Re: 14 cars, 1100 km : A weekend drive from Kolkata to Puri with a bunch of car enthusiasts

Excellent photos clearly depicts the enjoyment you people had. I missed this outing very much after a wonderful meet last January in Mandarmani. In fact, I couldn't attend a lot of meets after that, but will try to make up for it next time.

Nevertheless, I enjoy reading all the blogs and threads posted which keeps me connected to the forum. So please, continue to travel more and keep sharing such wonderful logs.

Thanks!
gearhead_mait is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2018, 11:40   #17
BHPian

Re: 14 cars, 1100 km : A weekend drive from Kolkata to Puri with a bunch of car enthusiasts

Superb meet! Wonderful to see happy faces
Those parting shots of cars are stunning. Nice captures.

Keep sharing
cp171185 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2018, 22:56   #18
DJR

It was a fantastic trip and my first drive with such a big convoy. Enjoyed every bit of it but missed the photoshoot opportunity due to some personal commitment.
DJR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2018, 13:37   #19
BHPian

A lot of fun and excellent drive mates made it another wonderful memory. Driving in the narrowest alleys of Puri with full size sedans, Muvs and Suvs was another experience that is worth remembering. All in all a great weekend and fabulous cars and people, enjoyed every bit.

A few snaps that I took the second day early morning

14 cars, 1100 km : A weekend drive from Kolkata to Puri with a bunch of car enthusiasts-dsc_7076.jpg

14 cars, 1100 km : A weekend drive from Kolkata to Puri with a bunch of car enthusiasts-dsc_7087.jpg

14 cars, 1100 km : A weekend drive from Kolkata to Puri with a bunch of car enthusiasts-dsc_7098.jpg

14 cars, 1100 km : A weekend drive from Kolkata to Puri with a bunch of car enthusiasts-dsc_7105.jpg

14 cars, 1100 km : A weekend drive from Kolkata to Puri with a bunch of car enthusiasts-dsc_7113.jpg

14 cars, 1100 km : A weekend drive from Kolkata to Puri with a bunch of car enthusiasts-dsc_7120.jpg

14 cars, 1100 km : A weekend drive from Kolkata to Puri with a bunch of car enthusiasts-dsc_7121.jpg
arindam_xeta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2018, 20:22   #20
BHPian

It was indeed a wonderful trip, kuddos to the organizers. Tarun (a friend of mine), flew all the way from Delhi to be a part of this trip.

For me, an overnight drive (which I try my best not to do), was a pleasant surprise and I did not feel sleepy at all (maybe it was due to the fact Tarun and myself kept chatting all the way. Not to forget, the LED bar installed on my car did a great job to illuminate the road. I tried to ensure it was switched off when I was trailing another car, but there were times when it just slipped off my mind, only to be reminded during the next pit stop, by my fellow drivers.

I definitely look forward for these kinds of trips which for me is the only entertainment.
ALTIMAed is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 17th December 2018, 14:29   #21
BHPian

Only you can make a Puri travelogue interesting with words and pics..
Uprasenjit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2018, 14:48   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayata View Post
It was a wonderful trip.Lovely people, Lovely cars and a Lovely night drive from Kolkata to Puri.
Few pictures from my side:
Awesome pics. I was expecting more food pics from you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouraC View Post

Worst Part of the Trip:

1. Traffic Mismanagement at Puri Due to Ras Purnima (God Please give us a Wormhole to reach the Hotel)
2. Start of Return Journey (But Good Memories can be cherished for Life)

Let me add one more. On the return journey i paid Rs 120 at the Panikouli toll. The rate was Rs 115. The toll attendant gave me the toll receipt and didn't return the change. On asking him for the balance 5 rupee change he started yelling that i have given him Rs 115! He then told me to come with him to the toll office and wait for an hour so he can get the CCTV footage that i paid him Rs 115 and if he can prove me wrong, he will charge me double the toll amount!

Was feeling really angry but sane sense prevailed for me, instead of nurturing my ego and challenging that cheat i thought to ignore and leave the place. Five rupee was not worth the time & fight but it did left a bad taste.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mi2n View Post
and a midnight dash through Puri hunting down a sole Ice cream vendor in a growling Civic. This trip had it all.
Awesome pics but why we were not called for the ice-cream party?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayakc View Post
Another fantastic weekender from you Samba! After your epic "Beautiful Bengal" thread, I think you can start another one on Odisha now!
Thanks a ton. Odisha is really beautiful. I have not covered much of Odisha yet. Hope to explore further in Odisha in the coming years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead_mait View Post
Excellent photos clearly depicts the enjoyment you people had. I missed this outing very much after a wonderful meet last January in Mandarmani. In fact, I couldn't attend a lot of meets after that, but will try to make up for it next time.
Thanks and yes, we missed you in the trip. Hope to have you in our next trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cp171185 View Post
Superb meet! Wonderful to see happy faces
Those parting shots of cars are stunning. Nice captures.
Thanks a ton.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJR View Post
It was a fantastic trip and my first drive with such a big convoy. Enjoyed every bit of it but missed the photoshoot opportunity due to some personal commitment.
Yes we missed your S-Cross in the photo-shoot but there's always a next time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindam_xeta View Post

A few snaps that I took the second day early morning
Amazing pics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALTIMAed View Post
Tarun (a friend of mine), flew all the way from Delhi to be a part of this trip.
It was a pleasure meeting Tarun Da. Hope to meet him again in our next trip. Am sure he will be happy to be a part of our Team Bhp overnight meets too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uprasenjit View Post
Only you can make a Puri travelogue interesting with words and pics..
Thanks.

A word of caution for those who driving through Odisha-

Odisha police is strictly keeping an eye on overspending, specially near the big cities like, Balasore, Bhadrak, Cuttack, Bhubaneswar. The legal speed limit in most part of the national highway in Odisha is 80 km/hr. So if caught for over speeding they are even suspending the driving licence for a span of three months.

Last edited by Samba : 17th December 2018 at 15:02.
Samba is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th December 2018, 07:57   #23
Team-BHP Support

Another crisp travelogue with beautiful pictures. Missed this trip
As SayakC mentioned, it is high time you start a thread on places in Odisha!
BlackPearl is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks