Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th December 2018, 23:12   #31
BHPian

Re: Ladakh in an Isuzu MU-X! Heaven & hell, took my breath away

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolmind View Post
Thanks a lot for the wonderful travelogue sir.
By the way can you please post the brief of entire travelogue i.e when did you start from home, how many days for travel etc. This could help me a lot to plan some time in future as I am from Hyderabad.
And do you think a 4x4 is must on those roads? Currently I don't have one.
Ladakh drive can be done on any 2wd vehicle, people had driven long back there on Maruti 800s and altos too. 4x4 and high ground clearence can definitely be more advantageous and can explore offbeat places with a little bit of more confidence.

Hyderabad - Chindwara - Delhi - Jammu - Srinagar - Kargil - Leh is the route which i took. 15 Days, with 2 buffer days, one should be able to cover good area of ladakh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
Wonderful travelogue with lots of details and lots of pictures. Good to see Isuzu MU-X pics with Ladakh backdrop, broke the monotony! I have been to Ladakh twice but missed out on Hanle. Next time I have to visit it.
BlackPearl, drive from Panagong to Hanle is a beautiful drive not to miss on your next visit.
drbones is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th December 2018, 07:20   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Beautiful travel diary Doctor. Those are gorgeous photos.

I really like your suggestion to have Team BHP stickers that say "We need better Roads. We pay road tax."
V.Narayan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2018, 10:53   #33
BHPian

Nice write up Dr. Bones. Nice handle too, sounds like Dr. Jones (Indiana Jones).

There may be numerous logs on Leh, yet yours has a unique style, a doctor's perspective. I also like the way you bring new things on the table that differentiate your story from others. Be it about the Red Aryans, importance of O2 canister, the inside of Hanle observatory, the story of Wazwan or the Pashmina Goats, I learnt something new. Thanks for penning down details. Last but not the least, like your signature Jumps .

Wish you great travels.

Last edited by Thermodynamics : 26th December 2018 at 10:57.
Thermodynamics is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th December 2018, 15:26   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V.Narayan View Post
Beautiful travel diary Doctor. Those are gorgeous photos.

I really like your suggestion to have Team BHP stickers that say "We need better Roads. We pay road tax."
Thanks, and hope the website guys are listening about the sticker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thermodynamics View Post
Nice write up Dr. Bones. Nice handle too, sounds like Dr. Jones (Indiana Jones).

There may be numerous logs on Leh, yet yours has a unique style, a doctor's perspective. I also like the way you bring new things on the table that differentiate your story from others. Be it about the Red Aryans, importance of O2 canister, the inside of Hanle observatory, the story of Wazwan or the Pashmina Goats, I learnt something new. Thanks for penning down details. Last but not the least, like your signature Jumps .

Wish you great travels.
Thanks, good to hear that you like my travelogue. I copied that jump from ramkay1, its his signature jump.
Old 27th December 2018, 16:20   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

Wonderful log Doc. Gotta agree, even though there might be huge number of travelogues on Ladakh, each carries a unique perspective and you learn something from each of them!

Reg. the permit for Batalik and Aryan villages, did you get it issued via an agent?
Dry Ice is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2018, 22:30   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
Reg. the permit for Batalik and Aryan villages, did you get it issued via an agent?
HVK arranged the permits for me in advance.
Old 27th December 2018, 23:13   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drbones View Post
Hi, drpavan good to know that you stay just 60kms from my place. I know Dr Bhavani shankar from Gudivada, he is a good friend, a fantastic person and a senior orthopedic surgeon. Plan your Leh trip and you can do it on your own, only problem with doctors will be time. All the best for your Ladahk trip.
Hi sir, sorry for the late reply. Dr Bhavani shankar is a well known to me and my family as well. I am constructing a multi speciality hospital in gudivada. I need to plan and finish off my leh trip before the hospital is opened. Wish to join you for any short weekend drives. Feels very happy to find like minded people from our place.

Regards,
Dr.pavan
drpavan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2018, 17:41   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpavan View Post
Even next year if anyone's planning for a leh trip I wish to join.
Me and my friends are planning to do Leh trip on cars in June/July 2019. We'll start this road trip from Hyderabad though. If you wish to join us, you are most welcome. I'll keep you updated once the plan materializes.
kskthere is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th December 2018, 21:43   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kskthere View Post
Me and my friends are planning to do Leh trip on cars in June/July 2019. We'll start this road trip from Hyderabad though. If you wish to join us, you are most welcome. I'll keep you updated once the plan materializes.
Hi sir, i am very much excited by seeing this reply. I always believe in team work. Especially when we do long journeys and when we explore the unexplored places it builds up a lot of confidence.

I wish to join with pleasure. Kindly keep me updated. My in-laws stay at lanco hills so even if the starting point is from hyderabad, it will not be a problem for me.

Regards
dr.pavan
drpavan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th December 2018, 12:21   #40
Senior - BHPian

Just saw your thread doc.
Nice thread and superb pics. Glad you had a fun trip.
I did the trip in late Oct early Nov. Got a lot of frozen roads and the whole of Ladakh to myself.
It was fun. But would have been more fun if we could have done it together.

Cheers.
jaysmokesleaves is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2018, 13:11   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Wish to join you for any short weekend drives. Feels very happy to find like minded people from our place.

Regards,
Dr.pavan
drpavan, will let you know about short weekend drives if any.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysmokesleaves View Post
Just saw your thread doc.
Nice thread and superb pics. Glad you had a fun trip.
I did the trip in late Oct early Nov. Got a lot of frozen roads and the whole of Ladakh to myself.
It was fun. But would have been more fun if we could have done it together.

Cheers.
Jai paa ji, will plan something together. There is always next time. Having ladahk all for yourself is amazing. Looking forward for your travelogue soon.
drbones is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2018, 17:28   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Hi sir, i am very much excited by seeing this reply. I always believe in team work. Especially when we do long journeys and when we explore the unexplored places it builds up a lot of confidence.

I wish to join with pleasure. Kindly keep me updated. My in-laws stay at lanco hills so even if the starting point is from hyderabad, it will not be a problem for me.

Regards
dr.pavan
@drpvan, good to hear that from you. Sure thing! It always boosts confidence levels when you have like-minded enthusiasts exploring together. I'll keep you updated.
kskthere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2018, 11:01   #43
BHPian

Beautiful Travelogue Doc !! The pictures are superb. I am sure memories from this trip will be etched in memory forever.

Cheers,

Pawan
PapaBravo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st January 2019, 09:54   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drbones View Post
Hanle - Leh
By evening we reached Leh. One of my friend has an early flight back to delhi, Hence we are two, left to face Leh - Manali highway. This highway is completely shattered and closed 11 days back. We were the first ones to drive this way after it reopened.
Nice to see an AP reg car going to all those exotic locales. Also owning an Isuzu in AP makes financial sense because of the road tax break. I briefly toyed with getting the MUX with AP reg as our native place is in Guntur. But it was too big for our needs and went with the Kodiaq.

Last edited by moralfibre : 1st January 2019 at 10:29. Reason: Trimming quoted post.
hondatoyotafan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2019, 14:02   #45

Nice write up Dr Bones. I have done the drive twice before but shipped my car to Delhi the first time and Chandigarh the second time and drove from there due to time constraints.
This May however, I am planning to drive all the way from Chennai to Leh and back. So just curious, what was the route you took from your city towards Srinagar and back.
And do you need ILP to drive on batalik route.? I remember reading somewhere that it was not required anymore for Indian nationals but just an ID to be shown at the batalik check post. Glad to see more docs hitting the road.
Thank you.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks