Team-BHP > Travelogues

Search this Thread
Old 12th February 2019, 18:08   #31
BHPian

Re: An Autumn Diary : Road trip to Sikkim and the hills of North Bengal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Panda View Post
What to say. I don't have words for this wonderful write-up. I always love to read the way you write. And the photographs... just makes me feel more connected and takes back to the place itself. Brilliant.

Cheers,
Avishek
Many thanks for your kind words! I think its the essence of Sikkim that brings out the best words and great rhythm in writing.
Old 13th February 2019, 22:41   #32

Excellent travelogue. It was great meeting you Soumyajit da. To me, the best part of any trip is the impromptu meets with fellow Bhpians. Met Bhpian Debjit da at Raiganj.
On that trip, i remember driving more on the opposite flank than the right flank. After moregram the oncoming traffic is more or less habituated with vehicles using the opposite flank, it was a scary experience driving on the opposite side at night in the stretch from singur to dankuni, the oncoming traffic just refused to cooperate and the trucks were intentionally keeping a gap of few inches while passing.
Attached Thumbnails
An Autumn Diary : Road trip to Sikkim and the hills of North Bengal-20181013_114347.jpg  

Highway_Nation is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th February 2019, 19:00   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highway_Nation View Post
Excellent travelogue. It was great meeting you Soumyajit da. To me, the best part of any trip is the impromptu meets with fellow Bhpians. Met Bhpian Debjit da at Raiganj.
On that trip, i remember driving more on the opposite flank than the right flank. After moregram the oncoming traffic is more or less habituated with vehicles using the opposite flank, it was a scary experience driving on the opposite side at night in the stretch from singur to dankuni, the oncoming traffic just refused to cooperate and the trucks were intentionally keeping a gap of few inches while passing.
Thanks Subhayan! I didn't knew your forum handle before this post.

It was a pleasure meeting you as well and many thanks for the heads up on the condition of roads ahead.

Opposite flank driving on Singur-Dankuni stretch is always risky. Best would be to follow a Durgapur/Asansol - Kolkata bound Volvo service bus which will clear a lot of oncoming traffic.
gearhead_mait is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed