Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th December 2018, 15:14   #16
BHPian

Re: Kabini - It's like coming home!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntoTheStorm View Post
Excellent pics! a real treat for eyes! keep travelling and keep clicking
Thanks, IntoTheStorm. I certainly aim to keep travelling and clicking!
Stryker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2018, 07:17   #17
BHPian

Awesome pics and writeup. Just returned from a visit to Pench. We set out to spot the tiger but missed it by about 5 minutes. All lessons learned from Nat Geo flew out of the window. But we did spot a leopard sitting beside the road - so it kinda made up.

The Pench National Park is beautiful. We stayed at the Pench Tree Lodge, which is a part of the Pugdundee Safaris resorts group. Awesome place and I think quite reasonable for the season. As for entry into the part, I was carrying my 70-200 mated to an 2x Extender and they did not charge anything for the camera.

While this is my first safari in the north of India, my experience would lead me to believe that the south is far worse when it comes to collecting money for everything and nothing. Please correct me if I am wrong.

I shall try to complete my travelogue asap and post with the pictures.

Cheers!
krishsreedharan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st December 2018, 14:02   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishsreedharan View Post
Awesome pics and writeup. Just returned from a visit to Pench.
Thanks, krishsreedharan. I haven't been to Pench, it is one of the few that I haven't visited yet along with Corbett and Kaziranga. I've heard that the forest is really beautiful. Kanha, which is almost contiguous with Pench, is also very pretty. Did you happen to go there too? Looking forward to your travelogue and images.
Old 31st December 2018, 17:21   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stryker View Post
Thanks, krishsreedharan. I haven't been to Pench, it is one of the few that I haven't visited yet along with Corbett and Kaziranga. I've heard that the forest is really beautiful. Kanha, which is almost contiguous with Pench, is also very pretty. Did you happen to go there too? Looking forward to your travelogue and images.
No. I did not go to Kahna. And yes, Pench forest is really beautiful. My brother-in-law and I are planning to do a month long road trip of Tadoba, Pench, Kahna, Bandhavgarh and Ranthambore this summer. I do know it will be hot, but no pain no gain.

He too has picked up a Endeavour 3.2 recently and we are hoping this is a roadtrip where we will make full use of our beasts.
Old 31st December 2018, 18:07   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Two months after my epic trip to Masai Mara, the bug started biting again. What can I say? This need to experience the forest again and
Back from Masai Mara a few months back and the itch is on, maybe this should have been a PM to you, but I am also based out of BLR for 2019, hence if you and other like minded people want to plan, I am game.

Last in Mumbai, through a studio a few models were hired for a a fashion photoshoot.
Old 1st January 2019, 15:01   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishsreedharan View Post
I do know it will be hot, but no pain no gain.
Yes, the summer months are more productive in terms of sightings. The only drawback is that the bushes would have all dried out, giving only brown and grayish palettes for the background. I was in Ranthambore once during the summer and the heat is something unbelievable, more so because we are travelling in mostly open vehicles. I hope you are going prepared. Take ice boxes and fill them at the resort. Use towels dipped in ice to cover your head and neck. They won't last long but even temporary relief is better than none at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivshanker View Post
...but I am also based out of BLR for 2019, hence if you and other like minded people want to plan, I am game.

Last in Mumbai, through a studio a few models were hired for a a fashion photoshoot.
Sure, shivshanker, let's see if some of us can get together and plan a trip. Er, didn't understand that last sentence.
Old 1st January 2019, 17:23   #22
Senior - BHPian

WOW, the snaps are simply mesmerizing, be it the birds or the queen of Kabani. Keep going….
gadadhar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2019, 16:14   #23
BHPian

Thanks gadadhar. As I mentioned in one of the posts above, I certainly aim to keep travelling and clicking!
Old 19th January 2019, 19:51   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks gadadhar. As I mentioned in one of the posts above, I certainly aim to keep travelling and clicking!
Planning Tadoba on 19 April to 22 April, do let me know if you want to join, easier to hire an entire jeep and split costs.

Other readers are welcome too,

Itinerary as follows :

1. Fly to Nagpur, either early morning or by 2:00 pm. approx 2.5K Tickets (checked today)
2. Taxi to tadoba : approx 1500 (can be split)
3. accommodation : to ones's desire
4. Per Safari Jeep Hire = 3600 x 4 Safari's
5. Return either late Sunday night or Early monday morning :

All expenses under 15K, not that I an underwriting any excess, but still can be worked out on a budget

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks