Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th April 2019, 12:46   #16
BHPian

Re: Winter wanderings - Rural Bengal & Meghalaya!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayakc View Post
... After night fell, a bonfire was lit. The beats of the ‘madol’ came from far. And we sat on the charpoy under an open sky, surrounded by the palash tree.
It paints a beautiful picture that soothes the senses of your readers. Sayak, you are a poet at heart. Keep travelling and keep posting.

Best,
gmhossain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2019, 14:19   #17
BHPian

Thank you Supratim-da! And after returning home from this short 3 days excursion of Shillong, I am getting to read about 3 tier waterfalls, short but beautiful hikes around Meghalaya. Its a very beautiful place waiting to be explored.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safedriver76 View Post
Sayak,

Cant agree more to this statement. Meghalaya is mesmerizing. Would love to go back again and again. Rated a well deserved 5 stars. Cheers.
Golam-da, Thank you for the good words.
But, we have been missing your writings lately. When can we expect one? Your style is so lucid and free flowing that I often keep going back to your travelogues at times, just to read it for pleasure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmhossain View Post
It paints a beautiful picture that soothes the senses of your readers. Sayak, you are a poet at heart. Keep travelling and keep posting.

Best,
Thank you Dada! Some places are classics - you keep going back without even getting tired. And for me, both Santiniketan and Darjeeling are two such places where I can keep going back to. Apart from the two restaurants that you have mentioned, theres a watering hole called Joey's Pub. Lovely place to be. But last I heard the owner passed away and his son/wife is keeping the place now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhar's View Post
Stunning photographs and amazingly beautiful place. I just returned from Darjeeling last month and still haven't got over from the hangover of the beauty. Glenary's and Kunga still lingers....

You bet - if there are some places that define Darjeeling, then Glenary's is right up there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GwD View Post
Great write-up. Savoring your story whetted up my appetite and I really must plan a visit to Glenary's.
sayakc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2019, 07:51   #18
BHPian

That was a great travelogue, Sayakc. The best combination, of lots of great pictures and smaller amounts of succinct narration.

Going off the beaten path is something most of us dream of and you have done it.

Being from the south, I am always very interested reading travelogues which features the east of our country.
Thanks for sharing and keep traveling.

Cheerio!
alphadog is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks