Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st January 2019, 08:44   #16
BANNED

Re: Day 2 : Continued

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
when a TBHPian mentioned that MotoGP motorcycles use a reverse gearshift (i.e. one up and 5 down), many of our minds were collectively blown! It was a motorcycling equivalent of a Matrix realization,
This is how I have set up my P220, though the GP Shift pattern enables faster clutchless upshifts and even upshifting mid apex the real reason for me to go for the mod was so that the shift pattern on both motorcycles P220 and CT100B would be identical i.e. Shift Up to Downshift and Shift Down to Upshift.

Coming to think of it my CT100B has GP Shift pattern from factory.

The mod is pretty straight forward, just flip the shifter linkage and you're good to go.
Old 31st January 2019, 09:18   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwinprakas View Post
This is how I have set up my P220, though the GP Shift pattern enables faster clutchless upshifts and even upshifting mid apex the real reason for me to go for the mod was so that the shift pattern on both motorcycles P220 and CT100B would be identical i.e. Shift Up to Downshift and Shift Down to Upshift.
Not quite, isn't it? Please correct me if I'm wrong, the P220 has one down, four up pattern and the CT100B has four down pattern. So, even if you have reversed the pattern in your 220, you still have to upshift for 1st gear (from stand still), yeah?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwinprakas View Post
Coming to think of it my CT100B has GP Shift pattern from factory.
Your adventures on the CT100B is truly jaw dropping man! I am in awe myself but my much younger cousin, who is usually a fan on "Dhoom" bikes is hooked onto your thread!
On a lighter note, maybe you could propose your bike to Rossi so that he could win his elusive 10th?
Porschefire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2019, 11:06   #18
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porschefire View Post
Not quite, isn't it? Please correct me if I'm wrong, the P220 has one down, four up pattern and the CT100B has four down pattern. So, even if you have reversed the pattern in your 220, you still have to upshift for 1st gear (from stand still), yeah?
Yes, for 1st I have to go Up on the P220, and if you were thinking it, yes, I do tend to launch the bike in 2nd gear at times unknowingly.

But burning a bit of clutch beats having the heart in mouth moment when you're overtaking a psycho and run out of revs and downshift instead of upshifting.

Plus it might be just me, but I like having the neutral between 1st and 2nd even on GP Shift, because on the CT100B when I'm panic braking I tend to keep dropping till I'm in neutral then shift back into 1st, which is not an issue on public roads as with time and experience I can manage a few shifts extra before crashing into something.

But while off-roading uphill this is a serious issue, you'll be dropping gear after gear as you loose momentum and then finally land yourself in neutral and then tumble down the hill, one can argue about shifting back into 1st, but on such terrains the moment you loose momentum you'll wash out, because even if you manage to pop back into first you'd need 90's MotoGP Rider level clutch control to manage to get the wheel to spin without breaking traction.

Had a few falls on the D100 with the similar shift pattern while attempting Rose Hills via an unusual path circa 2013;

Team-BHPians ride to Kotagiri-10173712_537528739702018_346337272937336053_n.jpg

The camera does take a few degrees off the incline.

Quote:
Your adventures on the CT100B is truly jaw dropping man! I am in awe myself but my much younger cousin, who is usually a fan on "Dhoom" bikes is hooked onto your thread!
On a lighter note, maybe you could propose your bike to Rossi so that he could win his elusive 10th?
Thank you for the kind words.

I experience similar levels of awe reading ownership reviews of Bhpians who clock commuter level mileage on up-segment motorcycles.

Since I believe you ride the Ninjette, here's a pic of a fellow enthusiasts odo on his N250R;

Team-BHPians ride to Kotagiri-screenshot_20180916124740.png

There's just something about high mileage odo reads on such motorcycles that makes me feel prideful.

As for Rossi, well I don't even let my own father ride my motorcycles lest an Italian who can barely stay alive on a Ducati.

Stoner for Life!
ashwinprakas is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th February 2019, 23:59   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Vlogs of the trip

Below is my (semi - amateurish) attempt at creating a three day travelogue for the Kotagiri ride.

neil.jericho is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks