Team-BHP - Two buddies, one Mustang and a road-trip to the best driving roads in the USA
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Travelogues (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/)
-   -   Two buddies, one Mustang and a road-trip to the best driving roads in the USA (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/206878-two-buddies-one-mustang-road-trip-best-driving-roads-usa-2.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Divya Sharan (Post 4565334)
And I've already said these things in person, just sharing the same in public again:

Dude you give me way too much credit!

Quote:

Yes. And I wanted to ride a motorcycle! lol:

That's risky business on US roads, I strongly feel that US drivers are unfortunately incredibly dangerous for motorcyclists.

Quote:

I was secretly hoping for a Ford Fiesta

Make that the Fiesta ST!

Quote:

For some reason, it reminded me of our Goa ride. Maybe the curves were such and so was the mood. Epic!

That Goa ride was truly epic!

Quote:

We must have looked like Crazy101 right there to him, but what's an adventure without some risk?

Word! He did give a few tips, like run one side of tyres just off shoulders on the grass for traction.

Quote:

Hopefully next time it would be longer and we can head to places (yet) in the bucket list. And I still want to ride.

Next time - rent a Tesla P100D, take it to the drag strip and turn on ludicrous mode! K.I.S.S. - what could go wrong?? :D

@DS, that was neatly put travelogue and loved the way of presenting the same like a story with dialogue bits here and there and loved those pics. The black Mustang looks so hot in that snowy background.

By the way did you or Sid inform the rental enterprise about the car going to limp mode? These cars are meant to be ridden in high revs and I didn't see you guys doing anything insane to make it go to limp mode. Also will they approve to drive if you have only Indian license?

Quote:

Originally Posted by susheel_kainat (Post 4567499)
@DS, that was neatly put travelogue and loved the way of presenting the same like a story with dialogue bits here and there and loved those pics. The black Mustang looks so hot in that snowy background.

Glad you liked it. There were too many emotions to put forth and I feel dialogues add to the fun factor while trying to replicate the actual scenario. And yes, the snow pic is one of my favorite clicks 'ever'.

And welcome to TBHP! ☺️

Quote:

By the way did you or Sid inform the rental enterprise about the car going to limp mode? These cars are meant to be ridden in high revs and I didn't see you guys doing anything insane to make it go to limp mode. Also will they approve to drive if you have only Indian license?

Yes, we did inform them. It would be later diagnosed at Ford. And yes, you don't always need an IDP because Indian DL works at most places. But IDP just removes any doubts one has.

Quote:

These cars are meant to be ridden in high revs and I didn't see you guys doing anything insane to make it go to limp mode. Also will they approve to drive if you have only Indian license?

I think the problem wasn't that we were driving at high rpms but rather that we were shifting aggressively. There have been a fair number of reports of transmission heating up and going into limp mode when driven aggressively/or on the track, basically a built-in safety feature to prevent transmission fluid breakdown from overheating.

Indian driving license is valid in most US states for 1 year (some states its 6 months). As long as license is in English you're good to go, if not then you need an IDP - international driving permit. For most rentals, like Enterprise etc., you need to present your passport along with Indian Driving License, because they check to see type+validity of Visa and date stamped at entry into US. Its a toss-up though, because I once rented a Uhaul truck on my Indian DL and they had no clue whether it was valid or not (it was) and they made no attempt to check.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Divya Sharan (Post 4561543)
Sid wanted to visit Charlotte because he had been meaning to visit NASCAR and Aviation museum for a long long time and it would be easier to drop the car off at the airport and his flight for Boston was scheduled the same night from the same place.

Did you visit the NASCAR museum eventually?
I was this close but it used to shut before I could get off work :Frustrati
Two buddies, one Mustang and a road-trip to the best driving roads in the USA-img_20190226_165204.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaguar (Post 4570051)
Did you visit the NASCAR museum eventually?

No, we returned well past 5 PM and both NASCAR and Aviation museums would have closed by then.
They remain in my bucket list for the next trip.