Team-BHP > Travelogues

Search this Thread
Old 25th February 2019, 21:36   #31
BHPian

Re: Nine days of Sri Lanka in a Honda Shuttle Hybrid

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post

Any idea about self-drive cars in Sri Lanka and any recommendations ?
Hi NPV, i too am looking for an option of "Self Driving" in Sri Lanka & came across a forum on the Trip Advisor (https://www.tripadvisor.in/ShowTopic....html#98376468) The recent Self Driving experience doesn't seem to be a pleasant one for few of the guys & that's the message that emerges out of the discussions.

I absolutely love to drive & had asked for a quotation with this site <info@visitinlanka.com>, they duly replied with a quote of 33k for a period of eight days, SUV & 1000kms which is not huge in any case & it turned out they had quoted with the driver, saying self driving not an option with them. Any additional km to be charged @18/20 rs/km kinds.

This is the latest !
Old 26th February 2019, 08:17   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Brilliant snaps indeed and I can see Tokina did a stellar job!
Thanks ampere. Yes, the Tokina 11-16mm is a gem of a lens for its price. It has now become my default lens on the camera, it is that good. I find that I'm now thinking of new angles and new distances to make use of its ultra wide coverage in normal situations where one might think its coverage is a hindrance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Any idea about self-drive cars in Sri Lanka and any recommendations ?
There are quite a few car rental and self drive services in Sri Lanka. I didn't find any one national service like ZoomCar though, but it may have come up by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratik1992 View Post
Can't remember his name, but definitely have seen him around in B44. The world is small!
The world is indeed small! What exactly is B44? I can PM you his contact details if you are sure you know him. He works in Infosys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagesh Bhatt View Post
I was looking for a "Self Drive" option peeping through some forums but seeing the amount of rock climbing involved, a Chauffeur would do just good.
Thanks Nagesh. Indeed, we were thankful we took the chauffeur option once we got down from Sigiriya!!
Old 26th February 2019, 10:31   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stryker View Post
The world is indeed small! What exactly is B44? I can PM you his contact details if you are sure you know him. He works in Infosys.
It's alright. No need to share the contact info. I remembered his name - Suresh B. B44 is the building we used to work in. It was just a new experience to recognise a person here on team-bhp
Old 2nd March 2019, 08:28   #34
BHPian

Great travelogue and narration sir.
80k per person for an international trip is not at all a bad deal infact is should say a great deal.
By the way can you please mention the tentative dates of your trip if not, atleast month. Iam asking this because you mentioned its the season for whale watching. So I will also plan accordingly.
And how is the food sir overall? Can we expect our Indian food or only local varieties available?
Its always good to leave few places for a next visit.
coolmind is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2019, 14:05   #35
BHPian

Thanks, Sai Pratap. We visited Sri Lanka in the second and third week of August 2017. Regarding food, if you stay at the bigger resorts you'll find that it is not a problem as there will be the usual spread for breakfast and dinner. But Indian food? Like Idli / vada? Dosa? Roti? Chapati? I can't say I saw any of those, but then we didn't go in search of it. I'm sure they will be available. Have a nice time in Sri Lanka and do post a travelogue.
Stryker is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed