Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th March 2019, 22:09   #31
BHPian

Re: The Big B Trip – Bangalore to Bhutan in a Blue Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavan A K View Post
Great travelogue there Sandy. Commendable that you did it with your kids, I'm sure it is gonna be a great lunch break story for them at school for weeks to come.

I've been planning Bangalore-Bhutan for a while now, i'll be definitely keeping your thread as a reference. I'll be either using my 14 year old LC Prado or my Innova. You've proven that if you plan the routes and the season of travel correctly, you just dont need 200+mm GC or 4X4.

Meanwhile adding a pic of the Prado from my expedition 2 years ago (Travelogue still pending ). This was taken near Nako, a few kms off China.
Hey thanks Pavan. Glad that you found my thread useful. My son keeps talking about the trip even today. Intact I had given him the task of noting down trip details in my log. That way he not only stayed engaged but also felt involved in the trip.

Loved the pic of your Prado. Looks stunning amongst the snow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by supreddy77 View Post
Hi Sandy,

Amazing trip log. Have rated 5 stars. We had done Bhutan trip in 2016 but using a taxi. Your experiences and photos are at another level. Driving the whole 6k+ by yourself is really an icing on the cake Another brilliant thing for kids - is the inflatable bed, I will try and get the same.

I want to drive this route sometime soon. How did you adapt to the driving in Bhutan, had heard that there are lot of rules in especially in the city area and for overtaking etc?
Thanks Supreddy. Thanks for the 5 star rating. Do plan a drive to Bhutan. I am sure you will love every moment of it.

As for driving in Bhutan, as long as you 'follow' general traffic rules, there is no issues. The rules are very simple and its pretty much the same as in India - do not overtake, follow traffic discipline, do not over speed, pedestrians get right of way, park only at designated places, no honking etc. Bhutanese are far more disciplined on road than we are.
Sandy28 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th September 2019, 13:03   #32
BHPian

Re: The Big B Trip – Bangalore to Bhutan in a Blue Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy28 View Post
You dont need to place anything between the 1st and 2nd row to keep the inflatable bed.

Attachment 1858971
I wanted to buy one for my car. But, the latest (good) changes in the Motor Vehicle Act may not allow this, as it expects all the passengers to wear the belt now.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks