Team-BHP > Travelogues

Search this Thread
Old 26th March 2019, 03:10   #16
BHPian

Re: Maruti Gypsy: Off the beaten track in the lower Himalayas

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvldvr View Post
Beautiful travelogue. Great pics and narration.

Being a mountain man myself, born and brought up in the places in your travelogue, it felt very nostalgic.

Ah that mountain air. I so miss it. Not long before I am back there for good, that's for sure.

Cheers and regards.
I hear you buddy.

You can take a man out of Himachal but you cannot take Himachal out of a man . In my professional career so far I have lived on two different continents in 7 different cities however if I came back to India for good, I know where I would want to live.

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrolhead_neel View Post
Thank you so much for this travelogue. You won't believe how happy this made me. As a long time lover of the Gypsy and as someone who is increasingly having a sense of admiration towards the Himalayas, this was a wonderful read. Great pictures as well!

I'm so glad to see you using the Gypsy the way she is supposed to be used. Honestly, I had my brief emotional moment when I heard that they were finally stopping the Gypsy production. That is the car that I wanted to own most, a new one at that. And so, that was a dream that was slowly fading away in front of my eyes. There have been quite a few number of people who have bought the Gypsy in the last few years, and I hope these wonderful people like you keep the community alive to tell the story about this legend.

Take care. I'll wait for your next travelogue.

Neel
Thank you Petrolhead_neel for your kind words.

When I read your comments I felt as if you're reading my mind. Yes, I almost had tears in my eyes when I read about the end of the wonderful run that Gypsy has had; it felt as if a very close friend was going away forever. I have owned a few cars in my life and God-willing will get the privilege to own a few more but I have no hesitation in saying that no other vehicle will be as close to my heart as Gypsy.

What really warms my heart is that there are people like you around who feel the same way about Gypsy as I do. In fact I showed your comments to my wife as she sometimes cannot understand my obsession with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
Aha! So finally Mr. Arya let the beckoning get the better of him and unleashed the hard-top beast into the wild Good to see the Gypsy in its elements mate! The mountains and the Gypsy - pair made in heaven

Riding the Gypsy all the way from the Deccan Plateau to the mighty Himalayas and roaming around the 4000-5000 m AMSL is on my cards as well... let's see (sigh!)...

Keep rocking! Long live the Gypsy - the one inside you as well as the one you are inside....
Great to hear from you Mr. Dube after all this while. This trip gave me so much joy and I still think about it, look at the pictures; close my eyes and imagine myself parked by that desolate road leading to Barot with the rays of the setting Sun bathing the landscape...

May your plan come to fruition soon rather than later.

Last edited by Vikram Arya : 26th March 2019 at 03:11.
Vikram Arya is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th April 2019, 20:44   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikram Arya View Post
Day 6 Contd.: Palampur to Dharamshala

In three days’ time my trip to India was over & I was on a plane, headed back to icy cold landscape. Until next time…
Sir, you have given me some serious life goals now .

I'm a fellow desi who moved to Canada 3.5 years ago but haven't been back home yet. I'm itching to go on a drive covering the four South Indian states. Wishing and hoping that it materializes soon.
kashif_baig is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2019, 08:57   #18
Senior - BHPian

Dear Vikram Arya,
Very well written travelogue coupled with great photographs. Such a trip always gets one inspired to do the same. Such a trip is lingering around in my mind and hope to do it like how you did it.
ruzbehxyz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2019, 12:56   #19
Senior - BHPian

A travel journey in a Gypsy to the lesser-known areas with stop over at the ever-alluring forest rest houses, these are stuffs made of dreams! Thanks to the proximity to the hills from NCR, I ve been able to make few such trips in the last few years and can fully appreciate the experience and feelings. As you have rightly pointed out, the Tirthan valley (and to some extent even Barot), are no more in the list of offbeat places because of inflow of tourists in last few years. But Himachal is such a vast state, and there are so many lesser known areas, one can always choose to explore a no of places which are still beyond the conventional tourist circuit.
Kandisa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2021, 23:04   #20
BHPian

Thank you for sparing time to mention all the moments in the travelogue. Himachal always is tranquil for me as work takes me to places like Kaza and Pangi. The places you mention I am yet to explore. Hope it comes true soon.

Most Viewed