Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th April 2019, 17:29   #16
BHPian

Re: A solo road-trip to Hampi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by majumon View Post
Nice and crisp photos started with the one on the ground the moment you reached Hampi and rest were even better. Lucky to be travelling alone it's blissful.

Keep driving and sharing, you have a good hand with the Lens, keep clicking.
Thanks for your appreciation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianAutoEnthu View Post
Does it rain a lot in summer? cause I am afraid of the wet road.
No man! Just check up my post once again. It is extremely hot out there during summer. No rain.
cp171185 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2019, 18:17   #17
BHPian

Nice write up on your trip! I did that trip from Hyderabad in Dec, 2009 and covered other places in Karnataka like Hospet Dam, Dharmasthala, Sringeri, Udipi, Coorg and again in 2011 to only Hampi.

Hope you have not missed other sites like Mahanavami Dibba, Queens Bath, Underground Siva temple. These are also must visits in Hampi.

I am longing to visit Hampi again.

If you are interested in such temples and architectures, you should plan to visit Badami, if you have not visited already. Telugu movie Vikramarkudu, Rowdy Rathore in Hindi climax was shot here. You can check on the internet and our own Team-BHP forum also for the beautiful views of the temple from Badami caves and the huge water tank around it. I went to Badami in October, 2014 for a 3 day trip from Hyderabad and below were the places covered:

Hyderabad - Badami - Mahakuta - Pattadagallu - Aihole - Maha Sangama - Almatti - Hyderabad

I can give you the details of the route that we took if you need it !
bvasista is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th April 2019, 18:30   #18

Short and crisp travelogue. Great pics to add icing on the cake. Had once got a chance of driving around 200 km solo and I loved it.

Hampi has been in my bucket list since long and after your travelogue I might entice myself to tick this off this year. Thanks a lot for sharing.
Prav_Panther is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2019, 18:58   #19
BHPian

One really nice piece of review it was! And your photos require an extra special mention. Have been planning to hampi for a long time now, and this pictures just exposed the uniqueness of hampi.
ashikthomson is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2019, 20:31   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

A travelogue with vibrant pictures and all the essential details. Loved reading it.

You rekindled my decade old memories of Hampi! Thanks for sharing this beautiful travelogue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cp171185 View Post
It was Dec of 2018; my wife had a full week plan in the Christmas to go to Calcutta to meet her family. We usually travel together, be it for a trip or a visit to our hometown, Calcutta.
Hope you will plan a drive from Hydrabad to Kolkata soon!

Last edited by Samba : 4th April 2019 at 20:39.
Samba is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2019, 20:35   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bvasista View Post
Nice write up on your trip! I did that trip from Hyderabad in Dec, 2009....

.. Hope you have not missed other sites like Mahanavami Dibba, Queens Bath, Underground Siva temple...

.. I can give you the details of the route that we took if you need it !
Firstly thanks much for the appreciation.

I had a mega plan in last monsoon to cover 2000 km in 5 days. Hyderabad-Amboli- Goa - Udupi - Agumbe - Hyderabad. But due to heavy rain in that area the plan couldn't be executed. Its nice that u covered many areas of Karnataka. It is really a rich state in terms of natural beauty. Had you been to Maravante? Heard about a strech where river is on one side & Arabian Sea on the other.

Yes, I covered most of the places of Hampi including Mahanavami Dibba, Queen's bath, Siva temple etc.

Really thankful for rekindling the idea of Badami trip. Heard lot about it. I guess it should be in my bucket list. And am surely going to ask you for details. Thanks in advance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prav_Panther View Post
Short and crisp travelogue. Great pics to add icing on the cake. Had once got a chance of driving around 200 km solo and I loved it.

Hampi has been in my bucket list since long and after your travelogue I might entice myself to tick this off this year. Thanks a lot for sharing.
Thanks a lot man. Means a lot. You should visit Hampi. But visit during winter and strictly avoid summer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashikthomson View Post
One really nice piece of review it was! And your photos require an extra special mention. Have been planning to hampi for a long time now, and this pictures just exposed the uniqueness of hampi.
Thank you so much for your kind words. Visit Hampi without any doubt. Hampi is magic! Just one tip, strictly avoid summer.

Last edited by cp171185 : 4th April 2019 at 20:37.
cp171185 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th April 2019, 23:16   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cp171185 View Post
Had you been to Maravante? Heard about a strech where river is on one side & Arabian Sea on the other.
I just passed by Maravante but did not stop. Probably I should have stopped and clicked some photos. We were in a hurry at that time to reach Mangalore before sunset.
bvasista is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2019, 23:18   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post
A travelogue with vibrant pictures and all the essential details. Loved reading it.

You rekindled my decade old memories of Hampi! Thanks for sharing this beautiful travelogue.

Hope you will plan a drive from Hydrabad to Kolkata soon!
Thanks Samba Da! I have seen pictures of your Hampi trip in a thread of Aritra. Those are good old pictures when mobile camera was yet to be Smart I guess.

A road trip to Kolkata is also in my bucket list since long. Especially Aritra ignites this urge very often when he shares his story of drives, non stop 22 or 30 hours. Don't know how he is managing such crazy drives without sleeping!!

I am a big fan of your logs. I still can't forget That picture of your Ladkah blog.. Etios, and colourful mountain on the background. Would love to meet you once I am in Kolkata!

"Cha, telebhaja sathe gari ar ghorar adda.. Puro jome jabe"

Last edited by GTO : 6th April 2019 at 07:20. Reason: small typo
Old 5th April 2019, 11:01   #24
Senior - BHPian

Very good photos and nice review.

Besides the treks did you visit the various sites by your car or by foot ?
ruzbehxyz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2019, 16:34   #25
BHPian

A regular touristy place made awesome with the beautiful photographs. Kudos!
jaunthead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2019, 23:03   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruzbehxyz View Post
Very good photos and nice review.

Besides the treks did you visit the various sites by your car or by foot ?
I covered all the points of Hampi and all are easily doable in car as the points are very closely located. Park your car in one place and cover 2-3 points . Again move for around a km park the car, cover few attractions. Otherwise rent an auto they should help you out to cover all the places.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaunthead View Post
A regular touristy place made awesome with the beautiful photographs. Kudos!
Thanks bunch for the appreciation.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks