Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th April 2019, 19:17   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Ciazzler® Roadtrip | 4700 km, a wedding (Kolkata) and forests (Jaldapara & Gorumara)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sail View Post
Another Great travelogue SS Da, as if we are travelling with you.

Your write-ups always inspire us. In-fact, I started Delhi-Kolkata trips inspired by your famous NH-2 log.
Thank you, Sail.

I guess the NH2 (NH19) thread has inspired many hundreds (if not thousands) of BHPian trips over the years, and I am glad the thread has been of help to everybody.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sail View Post
On a different note, how did you manage “Western Peripheral Expressway - Yamuna Expressway” section? EPE-JEW connection is open now? Or you have taken the route via Palwal ?

Safe drive,

Brdgs
Sail
I'd already explained the route earlier...
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
[b]...Manesar, and then a left turn on to the Western Peripheral Expressway, where, sadly, they don't accept Fastag payments yet.

At Hodal, we turned off the WPE towards Palwal on NH19, and turned right again to take the road to Aligarh for some 30 km (of which about 10 km was tough for a sedan). Here, we connected to the Yamuna Expressway. The rest of the journey to Kolkata was routine for us...
This is the route we followed: https://goo.gl/maps/AhyuwW4e5zVRXPYd9

The point at which the Aligarh-bound road connects to the YEW does not have a toll gate, so when we drove up to the Mathura toll gate on YEW, the person at the counter asked us where we came from. I told him via the Aligarh road, so he asked me to pay a toll of Rs.285 till Agra (instead of Rs.415 that one would pay for the full length from Greater Noida to Agra).
SS-Traveller is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2019, 23:36   #17
BHPian

Re: Ciazzler® Roadtrip | 4700 km, a wedding (Kolkata) and forests (Jaldapara & Gorumara)

Great travelogue SS-da! Though Falakata is my "mamabari" (maternal uncle's place) , yet its more than a year since I have traveled on those roads! This helped me to make up my mind for a trip up there very soon!

By the way, since you were in Samsing, did you take the lane upto Laligoras view point (5 mins drive)?
Actually one can drive down the steep slope straight upto the Murti river bed and it's a mesmerizing atmosphere there.
Sharing one pic of Laligoras here.
Hope you won't mind.

Cheers,
Roy
Attached Thumbnails
Ciazzler® Roadtrip | 4700 km, a wedding (Kolkata) and forests (Jaldapara & Gorumara)-img_20180623_17150701.jpeg  

redeye10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2019, 22:43   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Chalsa - Coronation Bridge - Siliguri - NH27 - Purnea - Muzaffarpur - Gorakhpur - Lucknow - ALE - YEW - Delhi
Departure 8 am on 15th March, arrival 10 am on 16th March.
Wonderful trip! Got to know several places.

Despite details and pictures, there is still little about the return to Delhi. I mean the road/route. I was looking for that part too 😃
Since, I am almost certain to drive this way in a fortnight, can I ask you about the following?

a) whether you took the Jhanjarpur - Araria route from Purnea to Muzaffarpur which is the East-West Corridor.

b) how the road condition is between Sevoke/Siliguri and Gorakhpur.

c) whether the entire distance has four lane toll roads.

d) facilities like dhabas and fuel stations

e) and traffic density
Vipin Kumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2019, 23:35   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipin Kumar View Post
Wonderful trip! Got to know several places.
Thank you, Vipin.
Quote:
Despite details and pictures, there is still little about the return to Delhi. I mean the road/route. I was looking for that part too 😃
Since, I am almost certain to drive this way in a fortnight, can I ask you about the following?

a) whether you took the Jhanjarpur - Araria route from Purnea to Muzaffarpur which is the East-West Corridor.
The route I took was: https://goo.gl/maps/rSbP4FdMRfb1iDSb9

Includes the Jhanjharpur - Araria stretch on the NH27.
Quote:
b) how the road condition is between Sevoke/Siliguri and Gorakhpur.
Road condition is good to excellent in most parts. Gopalganj has a patch of bad roads where a flyover construction is in progress. The undivided road sections within WB are reasonably smooth. Watch out for speed-breakers in WB. Speed limits apply, and radar checkpoints are often there - you will be harassed and may lose your driving licence if caught for speed violation within WB. Speed enforcement also applies on the Yamuna Expressway and the Noida-Greater Noida Expressway.
Quote:
c) whether the entire distance has four lane toll roads.
From Sevoke/Siliguri to almost 30 km short of the Bihar border, the road is undivided in most parts. Where the roads are 4-laned, toll is collected. Did not make a note of the exact locations of toll gates.
Quote:
d) facilities like dhabas and fuel stations
Plenty of both, though the 'line hotels' within BR may often appear to be uninviting. Fuel in BR is about Rs.5-6/litre more expensive than in WB/UP, so it makes sense to carry enough fuel to go through BR without refuelling.
Quote:
e) and traffic density
Varies depending on the time of day. WB stretch is always congested except late in the night till dawn. Travelling through Lucknow in the daytime can be a pain. BR traffic is not too dense on the highway, but people do crazy things often, especially travelling the wrong way and weaving across the highway on bikes.

Hope that helps.
Old 20th April 2019, 05:54   #20
BHPian

Hi SSda, just went through the TL. It was a pleasure to have been able to catch up with you at Kolkata. On the return journey, did you take the Western Periphery Highway or the regular route via Greater Noida.
ALTIMAed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2019, 08:21   #21
BHPian

Quote:

The route I took was: https://goo.gl/maps/rSbP4FdMRfb1iDSb9

Includes the Jhanjharpur - Araria stretch on the NH27.

Road condition is good to excellent in most parts. Gopalganj has a patch of bad roads where a flyover construction is in progress. The undivided road sections within WB are reasonably smooth. Watch out for speed-breakers in WB. Speed limits apply, and radar checkpoints are often there - you will be harassed and may lose your driving licence if caught for speed violation within WB. Speed enforcement also applies on the Yamuna Expressway and the Noida-Greater Noida Expressway.
Thank you. This information is of great help.

So, we don't have to really enter Purnea town and all. What about Muzaffarpur? Is there a highway bypass?

I have to start from Lucknow only. So the speed-limit enforcement of the Yamuna Expressway Highway does not apply

But yes, I will be careful in the WB territory. I knew there is speed-limit and speed guns everywhere from Sevoke to Assam border. Is there speed limit applied from the BR border all the way to Siliguri also?

Quote:
From Sevoke/Siliguri to almost 30 km short of the Bihar border, the road is undivided in most parts. Where the roads are 4-laned, toll is collected. Did not make a note of the exact locations of toll gates.
That means the route through Kishanganj, etc. And, toll gate locations do not matter. Wherever they are, we have to pay anyway.

I hope that from Siliguri up to Alipurduar, there is undivided road only, if you go via Sevoke and Hashimara (?)

Quote:
Plenty of both, though the 'line hotels' within BR may often appear to be uninviting. Fuel in BR is about Rs.5-6/litre more expensive than in WB/UP, so it makes sense to carry enough fuel to go through BR without refuelling.
Great. I think I can refuel from somewhere in Kushinagar or so. That is, before entering BR.

Quote:
Varies depending on the time of day. WB stretch is always congested except late in the night till dawn. Travelling through Lucknow in the daytime can be a pain. BR traffic is not too dense on the highway, but people do crazy things often, especially travelling the wrong way and weaving across the highway on bikes.
Yes, that should be like UP only. You get several wrong siders here.
I will be starting from Lucknow only, that too during the noon-time. But I can take certain lanes that can take me out without getting into much snarl.
Vipin Kumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2019, 10:00   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by redeye10 View Post
Great travelogue SS-da!

By the way, since you were in Samsing, did you take the lane upto Laligoras view point (5 mins drive)?
Actually one can drive down the steep slope straight upto the Murti river bed and it's a mesmerizing atmosphere there.
Sharing one pic of Laligoras here.
Thank you, Roy. No, we didn't find Laligoras. It seems to be a beautiful place, going by your picture. It was an unplanned trip up to Samsing and Rocky Island, and we were simply enjoying the drive through the tea estates. And with the sedan, we were a little diffident about venturing into places that I wouldn't have had a second thought about going to in my previous (Scorpio 4wd) / other (Thar) car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALTIMAed View Post
Hi SSda, just went through the TL. It was a pleasure to have been able to catch up with you at Kolkata. On the return journey, did you take the Western Periphery Highway or the regular route via Greater Noida.
Thank you, ALTIMAed. We took the Greater Noida route on the way back. WPE is longer, and the Palwal-Aligarh road is not smooth all the way.
Quote:
What about Muzaffarpur? Is there a highway bypass?
Yes.
Quote:
Is there speed limit applied from the BR border all the way to Siliguri also?
Yes. Radar traps are usually present during the late-morning-to-late-afternoon period.
Quote:
I hope that from Siliguri up to Alipurduar, there is undivided road only, if you go via Sevoke and Hashimara (?)
Yes, all the way.
Quote:
I think I can refuel from somewhere in Kushinagar or so. That is, before entering BR.
There's a Reliance pump on the highway east of Kushinagar called M/s Shahi Filling Station. We refuelled there.
Quote:
Yes, that should be like UP only. You get several wrong siders here.
Haha... much worse.
Quote:
I can take certain lanes that can take me out without getting into much snarl.
The next time I get stuck in Lucknow, I'll get in touch with you!

Last edited by SS-Traveller : 20th April 2019 at 10:07.
Old 20th April 2019, 10:32   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Thank you 'Da for this nice crisp travelogue. Ciaz looks smashing in this colour.
Thanks for sharing a glimpse of the bengali marriage ceremonies and culture. Always loved the cultural aspect of Bengal.

Hilarious incident with the security check. (we get bisk farm here in Ranchi too )

Thanks for the nice log of your travel. Keep traveling and keep sharing.

Regards,
Saket
saket77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2019, 12:29   #24
BHPian

Quote:
It had been a few days of immense fun, but all holidays have to come to an end. So, the next day, we checked out at 8 am and headed towards the Coronation Bridge...
It's wonderful to read this travelogue of yours. By the way, there is a Bisk Farm factory also in Siliguri . In fact, had you taken a slight detour via Odlabari-Gajoldoba-Fulbari-Goshpukur (to avoid Siliguri traffic), the biscuit factory would have been on your left along the road.

Best,
gmhossain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2019, 12:35   #25
Senior - BHPian

Many congratulations dada on your new wheels, this shade looks amazing but yes scratches are going to be prominent to maintain in this darker shade.We had travelled in my friends Ciaz petrol auto and boy its super comfortable ride and space maruti has able to deliver in this car.
Wishing you many more happy miles to clock with.
vijaythacker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2019, 07:21   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Congratulations on the new ride, Doc.

A 5000km road trip commencing in just 3 days of bringing a ride home is remarkable.

How does it feel to be driving low after sitting high for 10 years and 160000kms?

Last edited by vigsom : 21st April 2019 at 07:26. Reason: edit
vigsom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2019, 18:37   #27
BHPian

Ciaz is indeed a lovely car. I hate it for various reasons, but I can still sit in front of it and stare at it all day long.
Ciazzler® Roadtrip | 4700 km, a wedding (Kolkata) and forests (Jaldapara & Gorumara)-2.jpg
Here's a feast for your eyes.
Abhinav V is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks