Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th April 2019, 11:09   #16
BHPian

Re: A drive to Warangal in the summer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Thread moved out from the Assembly Line. Thanks for sharing!

Very nice and exhaustive! We are so used to seeing temple logs from other southern states. This is a nice gateway into AP. Hope to see more of such accounts coming up!
Minor correction, it's Telangana State now.

Great post, I am from warangal and naturally this post excited me.

Also there is a waterfall called Bhumeeni Paadam around 54 kms from Warangal. Must visit place for anyone visiting warangal. It is very less explored location. Almost no facilities available there, so plan accordingly.

https://www.trawell.in/telangana/war...dam-waterfalls
ramnaresh_2000 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2019, 10:05   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramnaresh_2000 View Post
Thank you @ramnaresh_2000

Quote:
Also there is a waterfall called Bhumeeni Paadam around 54 kms from Warangal.
Nice to hear about this. Never heard of it. Can this place be reached by a four wheeler?
Old 23rd April 2019, 12:20   #18
BHPian

Beautiful pictures and great write-up.

The sculptures of Ramappa are incredible and one cannot help but be in awe by their grandeur.

By the way, you should have visited Kotagullu , which is a complex of temples nearby Ramappa dating back to 12th century.

I worked in Warangal in 2017 and was vexed up with the highway construction. It started about 3 to 4 years back . I am surprised the work is still going on .
poised2drive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2019, 08:38   #19
BHPian

Nice thread KSK.
I have just visited Warangal with family in last august for a 2-day trip.
Did not cover pakhal lake as we have already done speed boating at laknavaram lake. Guess we did not miss much of pakhal lake.
Attached was my plan of warangal trip so that it can of help to someone.
Attached Thumbnails
A drive to Warangal in the summer!-warangal-trip.jpg  

coolmind is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2019, 12:02   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by poised2drive View Post
Beautiful pictures and great write-up.

By the way, you should have visited Kotagullu
Thank you @poised2drive.

We decided which places to visit just one day before the journey, so included some famous places only. Kota gullu looks very near to Ramappa temple. Wish I knew about this place earlier. This group of temples looks beautiful indeed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolmind View Post
Nice thread KSK.
I have just visited Warangal with family in last august for a 2-day trip.
Did not cover pakhal lake as we have already done speed boating at laknavaram lake. Guess we did not miss much of pakhal lake.
Attached was my plan of warangal trip so that it can of help to someone.
Thank you @coolmind.

Good to see that you guys covered most of the places in and around Warangal. Btw, in which hotel did you book your accommodation? Have you not tried Laknavaram resort or cottages for overnight stay? Please post some pics of your trip.
kskthere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2019, 13:01   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kskthere View Post

Thank you @coolmind.

Good to see that you guys covered most of the places in and around Warangal. Btw, in which hotel did you book your accommodation? Have you not tried Laknavaram resort or cottages for overnight stay? Please post some pics of your trip.
I could not get the accommodation there as the trip was planned only 2 days in advance.
I stayed at Mitra residency (just about 0.5 km from 1000 pillar temple) booked through OYO rooms. I got a good deal of Rs 1200 per room (booked 2 rooms) inclusive of breakfast. The stay was good. Food can be better.
Attached Thumbnails
A drive to Warangal in the summer!-img_20181019_095131.jpg  

A drive to Warangal in the summer!-img_20181019_095405.jpg  

A drive to Warangal in the summer!-img_20181019_095620.jpg  

A drive to Warangal in the summer!-img_20181019_100239.jpg  

A drive to Warangal in the summer!-img_20181019_100317.jpg  

A drive to Warangal in the summer!-img_20181019_100353.jpg  

A drive to Warangal in the summer!-img_20181019_100446.jpg  

A drive to Warangal in the summer!-img_20181019_100604.jpg  

A drive to Warangal in the summer!-img_20181019_101109.jpg  

A drive to Warangal in the summer!-img_20181019_101807.jpg  

A drive to Warangal in the summer!-img_20181019_105833.jpg  

A drive to Warangal in the summer!-img_20181019_110100.jpg  

A drive to Warangal in the summer!-img_20181019_110835.jpg  

A drive to Warangal in the summer!-img_20181019_200449.jpg  

A drive to Warangal in the summer!-img_20181019_201115.jpg  

A drive to Warangal in the summer!-img_20181020_092804.jpg  

A drive to Warangal in the summer!-img_20181020_092916.jpg  

A drive to Warangal in the summer!-img_20181020_093127.jpg  

A drive to Warangal in the summer!-img_20181020_093904.jpg  

A drive to Warangal in the summer!-img_20181020_130158.jpg  

A drive to Warangal in the summer!-img_20181020_131536.jpg  

A drive to Warangal in the summer!-img_20181020_131638.jpg  

A drive to Warangal in the summer!-img_20181020_131738.jpg  

A drive to Warangal in the summer!-img_20181020_133527.jpg  

coolmind is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th April 2019, 14:32   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Minor correction, it's Telangana State now.

Also there is a waterfall called Bhumeeni Paadam around 54 kms from Warangal. Must visit place for anyone visiting warangal. It is very less explored location. Almost no facilities available there, so plan accordingly.

https://www.trawell.in/telangana/war...dam-waterfalls
From Warangal to Narsampet its 59.5 km’s that could journey for 1hr 16 minutes. From Narsampet its just 17 KMS’s, on the manner at 14km take a move at bhupathipet Village and tour for 2-3 km’s and also you attain Kommula Vanch village.
Attached Thumbnails
A drive to Warangal in the summer!-bheemunipaadamwaterfall.jpg  

ramnaresh_2000 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2019, 15:10   #23
Senior - BHPian

Wow, just stumbled upon this beautiful travelogue! Thanks for sharing!
The images from the Pakhal lake in the sweltering heat seem to be very soothing, and stand out for me in the entire sequence
JoshMachine is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2019, 21:52   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolmind View Post
I could not get the accommodation there as the trip was planned only 2 days in advance.
I stayed at Mitra residency (just about 0.5 km from 1000 pillar temple) booked through OYO rooms. I got a good deal of Rs 1200 per room (booked 2 rooms) inclusive of breakfast. The stay was good. Food can be better.
Nice set of pictures those @coolmind, especially of Warangal Fort. Thanks for sharing.

Quote:
From Warangal to Narsampet its 59.5 km’s that could journey for 1hr 16 minutes. From Narsampet its just 17 KMS’s, on the manner at 14km take a move at bhupathipet Village and tour for 2-3 km’s and also you attain Kommula Vanch village.
Thanks for providing the info of this place. Look forward to visit it some time in future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshMachine View Post
Wow, just stumbled upon this beautiful travelogue! Thanks for sharing!
The images from the Pakhal lake in the sweltering heat seem to be very soothing, and stand out for me in the entire sequence
Thank you @JoshMachine.
kskthere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2022, 20:46   #25

Hi all,

Updating with recent Warangal trip experience. kskthere and coolmind have shared a lot of good info and I found those posts valuable. Thank you!

I completed a 2-day road trip from Jan 26 to Jan 28 to Warangal and nearby places. Itinerary:

Day 1: Hyderabad - Kolanupaka - Warangal
Day 2: Warangal - Ramappa - Laknavaram - Warangal
Day 3: Warangal - Yadagirigutta - Hyderabad

1. Road conditions were excellent, including roads leading upto Ramappa temple and Laknavaram lake. It looked like they were recently laid or repaired.
2. Hyderabad - Warangal: Restaurants and amenities on the way are very limited. We stopped at Vandana for breakfast - food is good but they have limited service which makes the place look smaller.
3. Warangal and beyond: NSR hotel about 20 km after warangal is the last good spot. Beyond that, it's not easy to find a decent place to have tea. Forget about restrooms. There was a Grand Haritha (private, not TTSDC) near Mulugu that looked good but didn't try.
4. We stayed one night at Hotel Thousand Pillars, Warangal and one night at NSR hotel.
- Hotel Thousand Pillars: 1-year old hotel with good, clean rooms. However, rooms (even with covid) and restaurant are very expensive. As expensive as a 3-4 star hotel in Hyderabad. Room size (even though we picked a bigger room) was very small. Average food.
- NSR Hotel: 2-year old hotel. Wonderful clean rooms. Got a great last minute deal - booked room directly at hotel at 4pm on day of checkin. Good restaurant and super clean restrooms available for public use.
5. Places covered (in order of visit): Kolanupaka Jain temple, Someshwar temple. Warangal - 1000 pillar temple, fort ruins, Ekashila rock, Bhadrakali temple, Bhadrakali bund (avoid the bund). Ramappa temple, Ramappa lake, Kota gullu. Laknavaram. Yadagirigutta.

Itinerary considerations:
1. Do include Kolanupaka in your trip if you are heading towards Warangal. The Jain temple is amazing, and very closeby, there's a swayambhu someshwar temple. It is an ASI site, and some very interesting statues and monuments on display. Probably better to cover Kolanupaka on the way back - stopping on the way to Warangal gets you there later in the day.
2. Ramappa lake is a must visit. It is only 2km from the temple. Massive quiet lake. Very calm and serene.
3. Kotagullu near Ramappa temple is a nice addition to the trip. The last stretch of the road is bad but it's only 20 min from Ramappa.
4. Laknavaram is very popular looks like. Even on Thursday (and covid still around), the place was very busy. I did hear people are doing the medaram jatara early to avoid covid restrictions in Feb, so the crowd could be due to that.
5. Both lakes have lots of water now and are magnificent! Both have a Haritha resort attached, which is an incredible location, but not maintained well. Maybe the rooms are passable if one goes with moderate expectations. The Ramappa one doesn't have a functioning restaurant, so you are on your own for food. But according to the staff, people are staying...not sure whether to believe them. Laknavaram restaurant was not looking great either. Didn't see any occupancy at the Laknavaram resort (and didn't ask).
6. Yadagirigutta - lot of construction work going on. Cars not allowed up the hill. Although inauguration is scheduled in March, as per auto driver, it will take 3-4 years to complete the works. Only the idol will be consecrated in the new sanctum sanctorum in March, and then it will be closed right after.
7. If I had planned better, would have been also able to cover either Kaleshwaram or Medaram...
Paddy19 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks