Team-BHP > Travelogues

Search this Thread
Old 1st July 2019, 12:46   #16
BHPian

Re: Badami, Pattadakal and Aihole – A weekend temple run on our Kawasaki Versys 650

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiragM View Post
Nice travelogue nandita_bayan21, and as usual, some really amazing pics. How long would it take to cover Hampi, Badami, Pattadakal and Aihole all together? Can they be covered over 1 weekend?
Thanks Chirag. I wouldn't suggest just a weekend to complete the full of Hampi, Badami, Pattadakal and Aihole as there are so many places to be explored. Hampi itself takes minimum of 3-4 days. So you might look for a long weekend, club some leaves and then plan for one week full.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiestarry View Post
An amazing trip indeed returning well into the night. I must compliment you on your riding skills, writing skills, superb pictures, great sense of religious history and lastly an iron constitution given the food you consumed.
The Versys looks very macho too.
Thank you so much

Quote:
Originally Posted by kskthere View Post
Wonderful and as always inspirational. Beautiful pictures of the monuments.
Thank you so much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
Another gem from the Explorer Couple Nandi & Atul. Truly impressive travelogue interspersed with coffee table kind of photographs. Not many people combine Hampi expedition with Badami, Pattadakal and Aihole. I covered Hampi some time ago. The remnants of Vijayanagara empire take at least a couple of days to cover. It is another 150 km to Pattadakal and so it was decided to cover them in a later date.
Thank you so much. And you are correct, combining Hampi with Badami seems to be a bad idea as Hampi itself has so many places to explore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by atul.ktm View Post
Here are the videos for both the days:
Thanks for sharing the videos, Atul.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
Lovely thread and lovely photographs. Some of the photographs remind me of our trip to all these locations in January-2019. We felt that Hampi itself deserves an entire week, to properly explore and admire the beauty of the heritage structures around it. We felt that the whole approach road and surrounding area near Badami temple needs to be revamped. I found the houses to be too close to the heritage site and kind of spoiling the atmosphere.
Thank you so much. And you are absolutely correct, Hampi has lots of amazing and beautiful monuments and artifacts to covered, I somehow feel 1 week is also less. But if planned properly, Hampi and Badami can be easily covered in one week's duration.

Ya, authorities must work on making the roads better in and around Badami cave temple. I think the town close to the heritage site has been there from quite sometime now and people from this locality would be using the site for their daily bread and butter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by palsaumik View Post
Very comprehensive and excellent write-up as always - with a great eye for detail! Hampi and Badami has always been on my wishlist, but somehow haven't been there yet. Now after your North-East and Hampi / Badami rides, I guess I have to gear up as well. And yes, Versys 650 is on my list too!
Thank you so much. Hampi and Badami is an amazing place to visit, you'll never be disappointed. But now it might be a bit hot considering the summer weather. Also, just heard from a friend who recently visited, it is raining there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
Excellent writeup! Great to see you both kitted up. I LOLed at the sight of Atul holding helmets in each hand Plight of a motorcyclist. Did you find undue attention to your motorcycle when parked in public? That was my worry because of which I did not take my Ninja for my Hampi tour. Clark hotel in Hampi is nice. There is another one called Heritage something, even that is a good hotel. Food options are severely limited, though. I am sure you know this already, but as public announcement, try and avoid non-veg items in off-run hotels. One is never sure how stale the ingredients are. Simple veg items are best in such hotels even with low turn-around.
Thank you so much. We did face unwanted attention while parking the bike both in Aihole and Pattadakal, mostly the kids who would want to twist the throttle, climb on the bike, press all the buttons, take selfies, photos, etc. At times it is a bit frustrating but not that we could do much. And, totally agree with the quality of non-veg foods served in all the hotels, can never make out how stall they would be. Not that we have much choice or say, we try and figure out to eat as much hygienic as possible during rides/trips.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
First of all let me congratulate both of you for adding another feather in your "helmet" and completing this successful trip - Here's wishing both of you thousands of wonderful (s)miles on your hulk and many more such travelogues. Keep'em coming
Thank you so much

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARAY View Post
Epic thread and as always lots of information shared. Beautiful pictures of the structures. Architectural photography has its own charm. Your Versys is munching miles like a monster. Keep travelling and sharing your experiences.
Thank you so much.
nandita_bayan21 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2019, 15:49   #17
Senior - BHPian

Re: Badami, Pattadakal and Aihole – A weekend temple run on our Kawasaki Versys 650

Excellent travelogue once again guys and beautiful pictures.Its lovely to see you guys travelling across india in all the ways you can and your 650 doing its duty superbly.Also read your NE thread at one go and its brilliant with loads of information for us to plan our trips.Keep sharing and touring.
vijaythacker is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2019, 14:11   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaythacker View Post
Excellent travelogue once again guys and beautiful pictures.Its lovely to see you guys travelling across india in all the ways you can and your 650 doing its duty superbly.Also read your NE thread at one go and its brilliant with loads of information for us to plan our trips.Keep sharing and touring.
Thanks a lot, Vijay.
Old 3rd July 2019, 16:37   #19
Senior - BHPian

Wonderful travelogue.

Your skills are great.

There places which are Indian historical wonders, is a must see for tourists and history lovers.

Keep sharing.
ruzbehxyz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2019, 09:01   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruzbehxyz View Post
Wonderful travelogue. Your skills are great. There places which are Indian historical wonders, is a must see for tourists and history lovers. Keep sharing.
Thank you so much

Most Viewed