Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st June 2019, 16:06   #16
BHPian

Re: East of the Northeast - In a Thar & 550 to Kibithu and Kaho

Great write up Rishi Very informative for someone looking to explore this part of our country. My 550 performed excellently on this drive although it was slow in comparison to your Thar. This was our second trip Thar and 550 after Sandakphu in last october.
Jajabor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2019, 21:51   #17
BHPian

Beautiful travelogue. Very well described. Indeed "Walong will never fall again". Thanks to the bravehearts - the Kumaonis, the Sikhs and the Gorkhas for defending our borders.. Have heard from my parents about the 62 Chinese aggression and how far they had advanced. They were also dislodged from Along - my birthplace in West Siang district during the China War. Thanks for taking us to Kaho village - you guys are really adventurous!
And yes three cheers for BRO. They have built roads in very very remote and challenging areas. Their road workers used to be our talking partners when we used to walk to and from our school in Along. They are a bunch of hard working people, working in the most difficult terrains.
skchettry is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2019, 20:19   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyrodrive View Post
It was a long day for us but now we could relax. We were all very close buddies since early primary school, when the three of us always used to get punished together for all kinds of mischief...
It's a brilliant travelogue pyrodrive. I thoroughly enjoyed going through your words and mesmerizing pictures of the less explored parts of our country. Undoubtedly, being together with the school buddies on a road trip makes it a double delight.

I am curious to know: how far a typical hatchback would be able to go along the route that you have travelled?

Anyway, thanks a lot for letting us see the beautiful parts of our country through your lenses. Keep traveling and keep posting.
gmhossain is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2019, 07:29   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmhossain View Post
It's a brilliant travelogue pyrodrive. I thoroughly enjoyed going through your words and mesmerizing pictures of the less explored parts of our country.

I am curious to know: how far a typical hatchback would be able to go along the route that you have travelled?
Thanks
A typical hatchback would have made it there without any great difficulty, with maybe a scrape or two at the most. But like I said, even the gurkha, with low range and diff locks could not make it there, just two weeks later.
So it all depends on the weather and the amount of rainfall. Should be easy for any hatchback in winter.
pyrodrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2019, 07:53   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skchettry View Post
Their road workers used to be our talking partners when we used to walk to and from our school in Along. They are a bunch of hard working people, working in the most difficult terrains.
Along, another lovely place. Some people may think Along and Walong may be nearby due to similar sounding names, but actually it is nearly two days drive away. Here is a picture of the thar in the Siyom river that flows by Along (Aalo)
East of the Northeast - In a Thar & 550 to Kibithu and Kaho-img_20190607_0738031825x1369.jpg
pyrodrive is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks