Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 9th September 2019, 10:56   #16
BHPian

Default Re: A Summer Drive to the Dooars

Thanks Arunabh! Long time heard from you - how are you doing by the way? True..The green of the hills and forests are really soothing to the eyes !

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
The verdant tea estates, the odd railway track going through the forests, narrow roads and mountain streams - you have captured the laidback, yet pristine Dooars in its entirety.
Thanks Pawan! Even though I have spent my childhood years in Cooch Behar (and still visit once or twice each year) , my knowledge of the Dooars was very limited. Being close to home I had never really bothered to explore these places. But reading up those travel blogs on North Bengal - and articles by Golam-da or the one by SS-Traveller were eye openers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaBravo View Post
What can I say Sayak. It is a treat to read your TLs. I am glad my TL acted as a catalyst in publishing yours. As BP said, I have also not explored much of Dooars on a vacation. Most of the visits have been office conferences or stopovers.
Thanks Supratim-da! I am now looking forward to your (forthcoming) Darj travelogue. Most probably we will be in the queen of hills almost at the same time. So, it we can meet up there, it will be a fantastic rendezvous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safedriver76 View Post
Wonder TL Sayak. I read it at one go. Punctuated with breathtaking pictures as always. Rated 5 stars.
Cheers!
Sayak
sayakc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2019, 15:41   #17
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayakc View Post
Thanks Arunabh! Long time heard from you - how are you doing by the way? True..The green of the hills and forests are really soothing to the eyes !
I am just getting jealous of seeing people travel around the world.

Sadly, my work profile has becoming very demanding off late and as a result has restricted my leisure trips vastly.

There's so much to do and never enough time !
//M is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2019, 16:00   #18
BHPian

True, you have probably stated the thoughts of 85%(if not more) of BHPians. But then again I try to think it around, work gives me the money to travel. And like try to maximize the travel time

Best Regards,
Sayak
sayakc is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2019, 23:39   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayakc View Post
  • Route One: Islampur - Bagdogra - Sevoke - Chalsa
  • Route Two: Islampur - Fulbari Bypass - Gajoldoba Canal Road - Chalsa

We chose the later just to try out the route.
One thing I've wondered about from time to time is why no one comments on or takes picture of the canal passing over rivers. Aqueducts - flyovers of the waterworld.

Regards
Sutripta
Sutripta is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote