Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd February 2020, 14:16   #31
BHPian

Re: Trip Report: 9-day holiday in Sikkim

Hi sachinayak,

Wonderful travelogue. Could you please help me with some of the following queries?

We are planning a trip to Sikkim in the 3rd week of March for 8 days. Our itinerary is as follows
  1. Day 0 Bangalore to Bagdogra and Bagdogra to Gangtok and staying at Gangtok
  2. Day 1 Visit Nathula Pass and travel to Dzongu and stay at Dzongu
  3. Day 2 Stay at Dzongu
  4. Day 3 Travel to Lechen and Stay at Lechen
  5. Day 4 Visit Gurudongmar Lake Stay and back, staying at Lechen
  6. Day 5 Visit Zero Point, Yumthang Valeey, staying at Lechen
  7. Day 6 Staying at Lechen an dmay be visit Katao
  8. Day 7 Travel to Siliguri and stay there
  9. Day 8 Return to Bangalore

We are a group of 4 and we have booked all stays as per the above itinerary, we are still undecided on the transportation though. I heard that self drive rentals are not allowed in certain places, so not sure about booking one. Is this the case in Sikkim? We had gone to Assam and Meghalaya a year back and had a zoom car for the entire trip and did not face any issues.

After checking with a local operator for taxi for entire trip, he gave a quote of 48k for a xylo and it included permits as per him. Do you think if this is a good price or do you think I have better option?

We were actually thinking it might make sense to book taxi as and when needed, will it make sense?

Any input is highly appreciated.
Old 23rd November 2021, 21:43   #32
BHPian

Re: Trip Report: 9-day holiday in Sikkim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samfromindia View Post
Lovely travelogue with detailed descriptions and beautiful pictures The beauty of Himalayas is in a different league compared to Lonavla/Matheran in Maharashtra and Ooty in Tamil Nadu. Next time if possible do take your car from Bangalore ! Here is a pic of my car on the way to Ravangla:

Attachment 1880912
What are your thoughts on driving to Sikkim? I would start from HYD and plan to take the BBSR - Kolkata - Darjeeling - Gangtok route. My brother is in Gangtok and will accordingly plan the rest of the trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinayak View Post
Stunning pic, and yes a road trip is definitely due. Need to work out the logistics.

Thanks for the feedback. The taxi fare for the entire trip worked out to 50K. Got similar quotes from 2-3 operators. BTW, could not PM you since your inbox seems full.
Sachin great travelogue. Have skimmed through and will read in details. What are your thoughts on the road trip?

I am planning a 14-15 day trip towards end of year.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks