Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th July 2019, 05:23   #31
BHPian

Re: Hyderabad - Bhutan in a Duster AWD

The first time I saw your Facebook post many days back, I knew something was cooking inside and was excitedly waiting for this master-piece. This is very informative and quite an exhaustive travelogue. Rated this 5 Stars.
JoseVijay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2019, 08:28   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cp171185 View Post
Man what was this?? A pure gem!!

A dream drive & hell lot of information on a road less traveled. I am yet complete reading the entire blog. But hats off to you for taking the pain for penning down the entire episode so beautifully with lots of stunning pictures. As always a great treat to us, who loves travelling & driving! Rating 5* even without reading. I know it is another rocking content from the Bong Duster.

Thanks for sharing! You got wide angle lense?

Appreciate you taking the time to go through. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kskthere View Post
Spectacular! Can't think of anymore adjectives to describe this mammoth, yet crisp and informative travelogue. Took more than one hour to savor this masterpiece. It'll be right up there 'as a reference' as far as a road trip to Bhutan is concerned. Thanks for sharing!
Thanks KSK bhai. Been some time Duster met the Boleno.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post
Wow! What a travelogue! Wonderful narration with some breathtaking pics. Absolutely loved reading it. Rated a very deserving 5*.
So finally 'Bong Duster' goes International!
Thanks bro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adg_andy View Post
You are setting benchmarks for travelogues Aritra!! Crisp yet detailed writing along with pictures that literally speak Correction Samba - a bong duster , raised in Telangana goes international And those fog lamps are really innovative and boy , do they light up the road !! ( Of course without inconveniencing others)
Thanks Andyda, yes, it's easier to drive at night with good lights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrot_eater View Post
Brilliantly written and amazing pictures. Was there recently (Apr-May) - Want to go again to the Eastern side. Well deserved 5*.
Thank you for sharing
Thanks mate. Yes, eastern Bhutan is gorgeous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreddyhere View Post
Excellent travelogue.Rated 5 *. This will be " A guide to Bhutan" for me. Many things to learn. You woke up the travel bug in me much before monsoon travel plan.
Sure, thing. Thanks a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayded View Post
An ultimate guide for a Bhutan drive from South India. Awesome work and amazing pictures!
Thanks a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PraNeel View Post
Great Details, Great effort in writing the travelogue and this will surely be referenced by anyone who is planning to go to Bhutan.
Mission Accomplished.
Thanks a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Roxx View Post
A super write-up Aray. It is even more encouraging when you have equally enthusiastic co-passengers/family members.

Bhutan now gets added to my 'must visit' destinations, thanks to you. Rated 5*
Yes Bhutan is a beautiful country, eastern Bhutan is a must.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutripta View Post
Aray, you have a beef with Lonely Planet, Rough Guides etc. and want to put them out of business?

Superb Travelogue.
Bet it took you longer to write than the actual trip itself.

Regards
Sutripta
Thanks dada.

Quote:
Originally Posted by haisaikat View Post
Excellent and 5 star travelogue ARAY. The pictures are stunning and it's a great goldmine of information, especially the way you have given coordinates of the important places that matter a lot for those who are on the roads. I can also imagine the kind of planning you have made by listing the places to visit in advance.

I have one question, yours is a diesel duster, and somewhere I had read that Bhutan no longer allows sales of new diesel cars. So as such how easy or difficult is it to get diesel at fuel pumps in Bhutan?
I did notice multiple SUVs and trucks that run on diesel. Getting diesel was not a problem at all.
Thanks for your kind words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mchandra13 View Post
Fantastic write-up. What makes it spellbinding was the amount of intricate level of details provided about the places visited along with the stunning photos, especially those of the birds.

Thanks for sharing. Its becomes a ready-reckoner for my future planning.

BTW, did you figure out about the mysterious second husky you saw that night in Phobjikha?
That's the strange part. I checked at reception and other folks at hotel premises. Everyone mentioned a single Husky.
Thanks a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John View Post
A wonderful, wonderful travelogue. Amazing pictures, too! Rating it 5 stars.
Thanks mate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdmainroad View Post
Fantastic travel blog and great pictures!!

Would you mind shedding some light on how much the trip cost you please?
The total cost for 5 adults was 2.10 lakh (including everything)
Thanks a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseVijay View Post
The first time I saw your Facebook post many days back, I knew something was cooking inside and was excitedly waiting for this master-piece. This is very informative and quite an exhaustive travelogue. Rated this 5 Stars.
Thanks a lot Jose bhai.
Hope to meet you at next TeamBhp meet.

Last edited by ARAY : 6th July 2019 at 08:31.
ARAY is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th July 2019, 11:05   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

What a stupendous effort ARAY!! Thoroughly enjoyed reading it and also regurgitated the memories it brought back to me. This definitely is a one stop solution for anyone planning a trip to Bhutan.

Your photos were a real treat to the eyes (as usual). Rated the very well deserved 5 stars.

Footnote- By the way, a journey of this proportions isnt complete without atleast one puncture. I had three on my way to Leh, two to Tawang and one to Bhutan
dhanushmenon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th July 2019, 19:37   #34
BHPian

ARAY, it's literally an epic travelogue. Thanks, for putting up such a mind-boggling log on your Bhutan road trip. Keep driving safely and keep posting.

Best,
gmhossain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2019, 22:13   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushmenon View Post
What a stupendous effort ARAY!! Thoroughly enjoyed reading it and also regurgitated the memories it brought back to me. This definitely is a one stop solution for anyone planning a trip to Bhutan.

Your photos were a real treat to the eyes (as usual). Rated the very well deserved 5 stars.

Footnote- By the way, a journey of this proportions isnt complete without atleast one puncture. I had three on my way to Leh, two to Tawang and one to Bhutan
Thanks a lot , its your blog that always motivates me to take on such trip with family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmhossain View Post
ARAY, it's literally an epic travelogue. Thanks, for putting up such a mind-boggling log on your Bhutan road trip. Keep driving safely and keep posting.

Best,
Thanks a lot.
ARAY is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2019, 13:39   #36
BHPian

Great travelogue ARAY!
I can understand the pain you took for penning down when I took more than 1.5 hour for finishing just the reading.
Great snaps by the way.
Your effort to make the travelogue as a reference to others will be definitely paid off. Thanks once again.
coolmind is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2019, 12:18   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolmind View Post
Great travelogue ARAY!
I can understand the pain you took for penning down when I took more than 1.5 hour for finishing just the reading.
Great snaps by the way.
Your effort to make the travelogue as a reference to others will be definitely paid off. Thanks once again.
Thanks a lot. Yes, I surely hope it helps everyone.
Old 28th August 2019, 17:13   #38
BHPian

I am pretty late for the party but can't leave without commenting.

Take a bow Aritra. Everytime I think that you have written a superlative travelogue, you up the game. This TL has mind-blowing pictures, gopro videos, charts/numbers, route maps, heck it even has the location pin of a car wash in Bumthang. It is a treat to read your TLs.

Also, Bong duster isn't just the most photographed AWD, it is the one that has been photographed at the most beautiful places.

Looking forward to more from you.

Cheers,

Pawan
PapaBravo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2019, 18:55   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaBravo View Post
I am pretty late for the party but can't leave without commenting.

Take a bow Aritra. Everytime I think that you have written a superlative travelogue, you up the game. This TL has mind-blowing pictures, gopro videos, charts/numbers, route maps, heck it even has the location pin of a car wash in Bumthang. It is a treat to read your TLs.

Also, Bong duster isn't just the most photographed AWD, it is the one that has been photographed at the most beautiful places.

Looking forward to more from you.

Cheers,

Pawan
Thanks a lot Pavanda, means a lot coming from a veteran like you.
Old 28th August 2019, 19:28   #40
Team-BHP Support

I had bookmarked this travelogue since that day it was made live, was able to complete it today! Epic will be an understatement. Lovely narration and beautiful pictures. I thought I had written the most extensive Bhutan travelogue on team-bhp, but you have beaten me fair and square. Rated 5 stars.
Regarding the Huskey story, what did you see that night? I am a bit confused.
BlackPearl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2019, 20:17   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
I had bookmarked this travelogue since that day it was made live, was able to complete it today! Epic will be an understatement. Lovely narration and beautiful pictures. I thought I had written the most extensive Bhutan travelogue on team-bhp, but you have beaten me fair and square. Rated 5 stars.
Regarding the Huskey story, what did you see that night? I am a bit confused.
Thanks a tonn Dada , this means a lot

I saw two Huskies as I described but everyone at the hotel and nearby confirmed that the hotel has only one Husky. A few weeks back another friend just came back from same hotel and he too confirmed that the hotel had a single Husky. However, according to a breeder at Hyderabad, pure breed Huskies stay in a pair. So probably this unraveling demands another trip to the land.

Last edited by ARAY : 28th August 2019 at 20:24.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks