Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th August 2019, 23:32   #31
BHPian

Re: An unplanned drive: Bangalore to Bhutan in an EcoSport

Wow i never realized that such an epic travelogue will be in the making when you messaged me to get info on Bengal & Bhutan ! Its very minutely detailed right from info on dress code required to visit tourist spots to identifying cars based on number plates. Bhutan is very popular as a tourist destination for people in Kolkata and its good to see whole india taking interest in the land of the thunder dragon Looking forward to see more of your travelogues in coming days !
Samfromindia is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2019, 18:38   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin_turbo View Post
Great write up jithin23. Rated 5 stars. Read the whole thread in one go. Really happy to see your positive attitude. I know guys who would spoil their entire trip for a small scratch on their new car.
Thanks, twin_turbo . On long trips, one need not worry about the small scratches or damages and must be mentally prepared for any sort of situation when you're on the road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jithin23 View Post
Thanks, twin_turbo . On long trips, one need not worry about the small scratches or damages and must be mentally prepared for any sort of situation when you're on the road.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samfromindia View Post
Wow i never realized that such an epic travelogue will be in the making when you messaged me to get info on Bengal & Bhutan ! Its very minutely detailed right from info on dress code required to visit tourist spots to identifying cars based on number plates. Bhutan is very popular as a tourist destination for people in Kolkata and its good to see whole india taking interest in the land of the thunder dragon Looking forward to see more of your travelogues in coming days !
Credits to you for helping me with the contacts of Bhpians at the right time, Sam. The devil lies in the details and I did not want others to go through the ordeal I went through. I wanted my travelogue to be a reference for others who are planning on such a lengthy trip. Not many people travel to Bhutan by road from Bangalore or Kolkata though. Definitely, I'll write about my future trips to different places.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 5th August 2019 at 18:58. Reason: back to back posts merged.
jithin23 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th August 2019, 10:19   #33
Senior - BHPian

Wonderful travelogue! Amazed by the amount of distance you managed to cover each day!

I had read your ownership thread while I was on the lookout for my own EcoSport AT, and was impressed how you managed to get your car from another state! Same passion is evident here too!
SilentEngine is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2019, 08:29   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentEngine View Post
Wonderful travelogue! Amazed by the amount of distance you managed to cover each day!

I had read your ownership thread while I was on the lookout for my own EcoSport AT, and was impressed how you managed to get your car from another state! Same passion is evident here too!
Thank you SilentEngine! It all depends on the mindset and road conditions whenever you're on a trip. About the car, I had to get it from another state because of the colour and variant I chose. Hadn't I bought my car from another state that day, I probably would not have a car or stories to tell about my car or trips today. Don't worry, you will get the best while you're searching and I hope you get a sync 3 equipped EcoSport AT. It's a car which will make you drive a lot!
Old 22nd August 2019, 08:23   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jithin23 View Post
A few pointers about our trip:

Trip Cost Summary:
  • Hotels: 23000 for 11 days at an average cost of 1916 per night for 4 people
  • Food & Snacks: 12800
  • Misc. Expenses(entry fees, car permit, souvenir): 5000

Total Expenses: Rs. 69,385
Hi Jithin,
Great travelogue. Very well deserved for a 5-star.
A small question from my side. Did 4 people stay in a single room or is the per night price is for 2 rooms? Iam asking because average cost which you got entire trip looks like a great deal.
My trips are generally planned to a great detail in advance. I should definitely try planning the itinerary on the go next time. Thanks once again.
Old 22nd August 2019, 08:46   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolmind View Post
Hi Jithin,
Great travelogue. Very well deserved for a 5-star.
A small question from my side. Did 4 people stay in a single room or is the per night price is for 2 rooms? Iam asking because average cost which you got entire trip looks like a great deal.
My trips are generally planned to a great detail in advance. I should definitely try planning the itinerary on the go next time. Thanks once again.
Hi Cool mind! Thanks for the compliment. In some towns and in Bhutan, we stayed in a single room and in some places, we booked two Oyo rooms.
jithin23 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2019, 18:12   #37
BHPian

Beautiful thread. I was in Bhutan in May 2019. This write-up brought back great memories, thanks a lot for sharing. However I would say Bhutan is taking heavy inflow of tourists till Timphu. Eastern Bhutan is a world in its own.
Link to my thread - https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/trave...ml#post4600296 (Hyderabad - Bhutan in a Duster AWD)

Keep traveling and sharing such excellent experiences.
ARAY is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2019, 20:38   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARAY View Post
Beautiful thread. I was in Bhutan in May 2019. This write-up brought back great memories, thanks a lot for sharing. However I would say Bhutan is taking heavy inflow of tourists till Timphu. Eastern Bhutan is a world in its own.

Keep traveling and sharing such excellent experiences.
Thanks ARAY and yes, I did read your travelogue to Bhutan. Yours is a much more comprehensive experience of entire Bhutan put up beautifully in your travelogue. Next time I would want to complete entire Bhutan and exit from Assam side.

In fact I have read almost all your travelogues with the "Bong Duster" as your steed. I appreciate your passion for road trips on short notice and the way you pull it with ease.

You too keep traveling and share your amazing experiences.
jithin23 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks