Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd March 2020, 13:01   #46
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Wanderlust Traveler: Cambodia - Land of smiles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anduril View Post
Awesome travelogue Suhas, thanks for sharing. You have given a treasure trove of information with meticulous detailing.
Thanks. Glad that you liked it.

Yes, there involves bit of walking, especially for viewing ruins. As you mentioned, if you can plan as a couples backpacking trip, it would be better.
Old 4th March 2020, 12:26   #47
BHPian

Hi Suhas. Thanks for sharing this treasure trove. Your Cambodia travelogue has been on to-read list for a couple of days now. I did look into Cambodia very briefly in October-November 2019 while planning a trip to Vietnam. I was particularly interested in the killing fields, the war museum and some beach time. Hope to visit at some point, will definitely circle back to this thread. While travelling in Vietnam in December 2019, I met a few people who were travelling from or to Cambodia. We had exchanged Instagram handles, and a couple of them still seem to be on the road at this point having the time of their lives - doing the Vietnam, Cambodia and Laos circuit. Sometimes I feel the real wealth here is time.

I was in Phuket, a few months back. You must go back and do some of the beaches again man. I thought Patong was nice, till we stumbled onto Karon and Kata beach. Absolutely secluded, turquoise blue and deserted. I found the food plaza in the basement of Jungceylon mind boggling. Did you ride those little red Suzukis? Some of them having blaring sound systems. I don't think they are very powerful, felt them struggling up the hillocks in and round Puket.

Cheers,
Promit
Old 5th March 2020, 16:38   #48
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by promit View Post
I was in Phuket, a few months back. You must go back and do some of the beaches again man. I thought Patong was nice, till we stumbled onto Karon and Kata beach.
Thanks.

Agree, Phuket and surroundings need a separate vacation. From what all I came across from other travelers online, it would require at-least one week to just cover all places.
Old 2nd September 2020, 08:44   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post

Good-bye to Phuket

Attachment 1920724
Thanks Suhas. That was hell lot of information to the minutest detail.
Is there any language barrier?
When they are placing warn boards for tsunami, I don't get the logic of having an airport just besides the sea.
Any reason for it?
coolmind is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2020, 11:40   #50
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolmind View Post
Is there any language barrier?
Cambodia was a French colony and the infuence of the same is visible, especially when you see older buildings and road names. However, we did not face any issue. English was spoken by all the people we came in contact with.

Even all signboards, tickets, vending machines have details mentioned in English.

Quote:
When they are placing warn boards for tsunami, I don't get the logic of having an airport just besides the sea.
Any reason for it?
A residential / commercial place in Tsunami zone is a bigger risk compared to airport, so the signboards I guess.
Also, its a narrow long island, with the southern side having more hills and uneven terrain. I guess that is the reason they had the airport planned in the northern side, which is less densely populated and has comparatively flat terrain.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks