Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 15th July 2019, 15:49   #16

Default Re: Driving through the North-East with Honda (Civic & CR-V)

Great writeup and pictures! Good to see Honda organizing such drives in the NorthEast, it gives an exposure to the rest of India and also encourages travelers to explore more of this beautiful part of our country.
Recently Hyundai also organized a launch drive of the New Venue from Guwahati to Shillong through the picturesque roads and it was a treat to watch.
jkaushik is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2019, 18:23   #17
BHPian

Thanks a lot for Great Write Up!

Can you please share your thoughts on driving dynamics of 2WD Vs. AWD CR-V. Most of the reviews are about AWD CR-V and not much inputs are available for 2WD version of CR-V. Even at dealership 2WD CR-Vs are not available for test drive.

At one place I read / heard that 2WD is better in response to throttle and therefore more fun to drive. I would love to hear your view point on this.
rutvij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2019, 19:00   #18
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkaushik View Post
Great writeup and pictures! Good to see Honda organizing such drives in the NorthEast, it gives an exposure to the rest of India and also encourages travelers to explore more of this beautiful part of our country.

Thank you very much.
The North East is like the hidden treasure, which is so close to us and yet we rarely think about. I am definitely going back on my bike with more time planned for a relaxed trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rutvij View Post
At one place I read / heard that 2WD is better in response to throttle and therefore more fun to drive. I would love to hear your view point on this.
I was lost in the tea plantation while driving the 2WD. It crossed the mostly dry mud paths with occasional slush without much trouble. If the speeds are relaxed, the 2WD is an acceptable car. But there is a very irritating amount of turbo lag every time we slam the accelerator down. The only way to work around it, is by keeping the rpm's high. This means the speed will also be high. It makes for quite dangerous driving.

The AWD on the other hand feels a lot more planted on the road. Its keeps the line much better when turning and its also more responsive.

I would always choose the AWD over the 2WD.
bblost is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote