Team-BHP > Travelogues

Search this Thread
Old 15th July 2019, 15:49   #16
BHPian

Re: Driving through the North-East with Honda (Civic & CR-V)

Great writeup and pictures! Good to see Honda organizing such drives in the NorthEast, it gives an exposure to the rest of India and also encourages travelers to explore more of this beautiful part of our country.
Recently Hyundai also organized a launch drive of the New Venue from Guwahati to Shillong through the picturesque roads and it was a treat to watch.
jkaushik is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th July 2019, 18:23   #17
BHPian

Thanks a lot for Great Write Up!

Can you please share your thoughts on driving dynamics of 2WD Vs. AWD CR-V. Most of the reviews are about AWD CR-V and not much inputs are available for 2WD version of CR-V. Even at dealership 2WD CR-Vs are not available for test drive.

At one place I read / heard that 2WD is better in response to throttle and therefore more fun to drive. I would love to hear your view point on this.
Old 15th July 2019, 19:00   #18
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkaushik View Post
Great writeup and pictures! Good to see Honda organizing such drives in the NorthEast, it gives an exposure to the rest of India and also encourages travelers to explore more of this beautiful part of our country.

Thank you very much.
The North East is like the hidden treasure, which is so close to us and yet we rarely think about. I am definitely going back on my bike with more time planned for a relaxed trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rutvij View Post
At one place I read / heard that 2WD is better in response to throttle and therefore more fun to drive. I would love to hear your view point on this.
I was lost in the tea plantation while driving the 2WD. It crossed the mostly dry mud paths with occasional slush without much trouble. If the speeds are relaxed, the 2WD is an acceptable car. But there is a very irritating amount of turbo lag every time we slam the accelerator down. The only way to work around it, is by keeping the rpm's high. This means the speed will also be high. It makes for quite dangerous driving.

The AWD on the other hand feels a lot more planted on the road. Its keeps the line much better when turning and its also more responsive.

I would always choose the AWD over the 2WD.
bblost is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2019, 15:12   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Wonderful log there bblost. It is one thing to be fortunate enough for Honda to take you on vacations , and another to pen it down so beautifully in a yummy Travelogue.
That said, I wish there was more of Arunachal in it. The likes of the untamed Eastern tip (Kibithoo) and the spell binding Tawang.

Thanks for sharing the wonderful write up.
dhanushmenon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2019, 19:45   #20
BHPian

How can one register for the upcoming drives ?
Old 31st July 2019, 20:32   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
We stopped for a quick lunch at an old colonial style hotel called the Wild Grass Lodge. Maybe its the fertile soil or the more organic style of farming practiced here but the vegetables taste is simply mind blowing.
I am from Assam settled in Bangalore.

I could not convince my south indian friends about how much tastier the vegetables are in NE. No one is ready to believe it :-)
You actually have to taste it to understand what it means. Vegetables there can be cooked in its own juices and normally doesn't need extra water to cook.

Almost all people in Assam are meat eaters but it is the vegetables that tastes heavenly there. Maybe it is the fertile soil or the moisture in the air.
Soil fertility ironically comes from the floods that the state suffers every year.

By the way, fantastic writeup and pictures of the drive and places.

Fordday.
fordday is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2019, 20:59   #22
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushmenon View Post
That said, I wish there was more of Arunachal in it. The likes of the untamed Eastern tip (Kibithoo) and the spell binding Tawang.

Thanks for sharing the wonderful write up.
I need to get back to the North East. There is so much to experience in that heavenly land.

Quote:
Originally Posted by urban legend View Post
How can one register for the upcoming drives ?
This is a good resource on how these media drives work: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ives-work.html (Behind the Scenes: How Press & Media Drives Work)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordday View Post
Almost all people in Assam are meat eaters but it is the vegetables that tastes heavenly there. Maybe it is the fertile soil or the moisture in the air.
Soil fertility ironically comes from the floods that the state suffers every year.
I think the much lower usage of pesticides and fertilizers also helps.

Even something as simple as a tomato tastes so much better in Assam.

Quote:
By the way, fantastic writeup and pictures of the drive and places.

Fordday.
Thanks a lot.

Last edited by bblost : 31st July 2019 at 21:01.

Most Viewed