Team-BHP > Travelogues

Search this Thread
Old 17th August 2019, 16:50   #16
BHPian

re: Mahindra TUV3OO - Spitified!

Day 13 : Lucknow to Kolkata (1000 Kilometers approx)

With the heat wave ravaging UP, we felt it would not be the best to subject our cars and the families to such extreme weather. So we decided to start our home run after sunset. The ladies went out shopping after breakfast. Others went to Dastarkhwan for lunch. The rest lazed around in the cool confines of our hotel rooms. We started from Lucknow by 8 PM. The Linea decided to stay back and enjoy an extended holiday in Lucknow and Varanasi.

We stopped for dinner at a very popular sweet shop in Rae-Bareily and then gunned our engines throughout the night. By daybreak we stopped at a Reliance facility near Aurangabad for refueling and a power nap.

Mahindra TUV3OO - Spitified!-309.jpg

We traversed the highways of Bihar and Jharkhand in some strange company

Mahindra TUV3OO - Spitified!-310.jpg

A brief stop for food at Topchanchi

Mahindra TUV3OO - Spitified!-311.jpg

A final regrouping on crossing over into West Bengal where we also met with Arunashis(BHPian lovecars21)

Mahindra TUV3OO - Spitified!-312.jpg

And finally we were home for a late lunch

Mahindra TUV3OO - Spitified!-313.jpg

Mahindra TUV3OO - Spitified!-314.jpg

The route map

Mahindra TUV3OO - Spitified!-map.jpg

A special note of appreciation and thanks to the ladies and the kids who were very supportive throughout. We will admit that we were a bit worried before the trip about your well being in such harsh climates, about coping with the long and arduous drives and the tight schedules. But at the end of the trip, you proved to be our strength and blessing.

For now, from team LIGHT & SHADE , its bye till next time. Hope you liked our little story.

Last edited by mi2n : 17th August 2019 at 17:19.
mi2n is offline   (42) Thanks
Old 18th August 2019, 07:43   #17
Team-BHP Support

Re: Mahindra TUV3OO - Spitified!

Thread moved out from the Assembly Line. Thanks for sharing!
Aditya is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th August 2019, 14:43   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Woooooow! So the most anticipated blockbuster of this year from the Kolkata Chapter is finally released!

Just scrolled through it. Am yet to read it. The pictures are mind-blowing. Going by your past record, am sure the read will be even more enchanting. Rated 5*.

And going by my past record, how can i not share a pic from our last year's Spiti drive! I love to photo-bomb in others travelogue's.

Mahindra TUV3OO - Spitified!-img_6936.jpg

Last edited by Samba : 18th August 2019 at 15:09.
Samba is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 18th August 2019, 18:19   #19
BHPian

Finished reading in one go, and gave my heartfelt thanks. Such a great write up and amazing photos, it was almost like I was there, with the convoy, all throughout! Super awesome, and full credit to the families too.

Btw did you arrive at the winner of the tyre-change debate? Was it the sub-zero or the super-fifty?

Thanks again and wishing you many more great rides and wonderful travelogues!

Cheers,
R_S
roadie_swift is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th August 2019, 20:56   #20
Team-BHP Support

A fantastic narration with beautiful pictures, rated 5 stars! Revived the beautiful memories of the place we visited a couple of years back. It must have snowed quite a bit this year as we able to go till Chhatru during the same time of the year. I want to go to Spiti again, hopefully in another year or so!

I was hoping to see a few pictures of the adorable St Bernard, Simba, but could not find any!

A picture of Simba

Mahindra TUV3OO - Spitified!-simba.jpg

A couple of pictures of the Thar from our trip

Mahindra TUV3OO - Spitified!-dsc_3786.jpg

Mahindra TUV3OO - Spitified!-thar_sumitro_losar.jpg

Last edited by BlackPearl : 18th August 2019 at 20:58.
BlackPearl is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 18th August 2019, 22:55   #21
BHPian

Excellent travelogue and Great pictures mi2n!
Going through the travelogue, completely felt myself to be a part of the team.
Was waiting for this to come out ever since the convoy was spotted on the Chandigarh-Delhi highway.
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shift...ml#post4601753 (Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car)
SamitMukherjee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2019, 15:20   #22
Senior - BHPian

A sweet and relishing thread. A coffee on a rainy afternoon, and no dearth of cars and mountainous vistas and lip smacking food photos. Have to tell you, I literally relived.

Cheers!
VJ
VijayAnand1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2019, 20:53   #23
BHPian

Beautiful travelogue mi2n! I was glued to the screen for 2 days just reading this thread!. Every spare second I got was devoted to this!

Keep it up

Cheers!
porsche_guy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2019, 21:07   #24
BHPian

Awesome thread. I read it start to finish in my mobile while having dinner. You have a fantastic writing style. Sure you injected some tension, deliberately.

The Kolkkata gang seem, by far, be the most adventurous. I had been contemplating on buying Pajero and finally dropped the idea when I was ready. No other 4x4 connects the way Pajero does. However called off that idea, since it is too late to own one. Great to see one here.

Thank you for posting the thread.
WhiteKnight is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th August 2019, 11:20   #25
BHPian

Wow. What a fantastic travelogue mi2n. Such beautiful pictures accompanied by superb writing. Although I had heard about your Spiti adventures personally when we met, this TL tells the whole story in one go. I could not stop reading it once I started.

Keep travelling team Light & Shade.

Cheers,

Pawan
PapaBravo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2019, 15:49   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post
Woooooow! So the most anticipated blockbuster of this year from the Kolkata Chapter is finally released! .........I love to photo-bomb in others travelogue's.

Thank you for the kind words and for all the help in planning the trip. Keep photo-bombing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadie_swift View Post
Btw did you arrive at the winner of the tyre-change debate? Was it the sub-zero or the super-fifty?

Thank you. Yes, super fifty won. I was only breathing a bit heavily at 13k feet during the swap but apparently the others literally braved a sun-stroke amidst the dry heat wave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
I was hoping to see a few pictures of the adorable St Bernard, Simba, but could not find any!

Thanks for the appreciation. We went through your Spiti travelogue time and again while planning for the trip. Thanks for sharing the pics.

When we reached Deyzor, Simba welcomed us at the gate and we couldn't help cuddling and clicking selfies. But someone from the place rushed out and warned us about his mood swings. The restaurant also had a big sign proclaiming " His bite is more dangerous than his bark. Do not touch the St.Bernard". So we decided to comply. In hindsight though, it must have been a trick by the owner to dissuade guests from cuddling the fella excessively.

Mahindra TUV3OO - Spitified!-fb_img_1566294266435.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamitMukherjee View Post
Excellent travelogue and Great pictures mi2n!

Thanks! Glad you liked it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VijayAnand1 View Post
A sweet and relishing thread. A coffee on a rainy afternoon, and no dearth of cars and mountainous vistas and lip smacking food photos. Have to tell you, I literally relived.

Thank you for the kind words. Mountains, cars and food are our perennial cravings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche_guy View Post
Beautiful travelogue mi2n! I was glued to the screen for 2 days just reading this thread!. Every spare second I got was devoted to this!

Thank you. Hope it was worth your while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteKnight View Post
Awesome thread. I read it start to finish in my mobile while having dinner. You have a fantastic writing style. Sure you injected some tension, deliberately.
The Kolkkata gang seem, by far, be the most adventurous. I had been contemplating on buying Pajero and finally dropped the idea when I was ready. No other 4x4 connects the way Pajero does. However called off that idea, since it is too late to own one. Great to see one here.

Buy the Pajero while the Government lets you! It is really that special and we are glad to have one in our team. Thank you for your kind words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaBravo View Post
Wow. What a fantastic travelogue mi2n. Such beautiful pictures accompanied by superb writing. Although I had heard about your Spiti adventures personally when we met, this TL tells the whole story in one go. I could not stop reading it once I started.

Thanks Pawan. Glad to know you liked it.
mi2n is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th August 2019, 16:12   #27
BHPian

It seemed that this was the "Movie of the Year" from Team-BHP Kolkata Chapter.Beautiful Narration and awesome pictures.
Old 20th August 2019, 21:03   #28
BHPian

Excellent travelogue. As a person hailing from deep south India, this virtual tour may very well be my only exposure to this place. Feeling proud about the "World's Highest" fuel station operated by Indian Oil. Glad to see the Polo being capable of the task. Have a Rapid myself and to see a car from the same platform handling the trip with ease gives me some assurance about the machine's capability.
TN13Sleeper is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2019, 21:24   #29

Mi2n da was super excited when u were telling the experience in person.
The blog completely satisfied the anxiety to know more.
Relived the entire journey.
Superb writing Brilliant Pictures.
AnishD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2019, 08:50   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mi2n View Post
... The ladies, elated, wasted no time in penning down elaborate shopping lists. However, for this one time in the history of the universe, the gentlemen outdid the ladies in shopping. Some of them bought new cars for the trip!..
So that's where it began. Mithun, it's charming to read or rather enjoy your travelogue where you have been hitting fours and sixes all over the ground with your words! Keep it up

Best,
gmhossain is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed