Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th August 2019, 00:09   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Pacing through UK in a Jaguar F-Pace

You guys surely had a rocking time. Informative travelogue with beautiful pics. Rated 5*.
Bravo, Papabravo.

Friends through Team Bhp.

Result?
Started from city meets, which got promoted to long cross-country drives & now international road trips!

Just wondering, what's next?
Chandrayaan 2 has already departed.

Last edited by Samba : 26th August 2019 at 00:29.
Samba is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 26th August 2019, 09:39   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostRider28 View Post
That's an engaging piece of travelogue, and the beautiful pictures do more of the talking - brings back a flood of memories! A fantastic trip, but I still maintain that you should have included the university town of Cambridge.
Thank you !! Would have included Cambridge if we had time. We were so short of time that we missed somethings in London as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Nice travelogue! Noticed the ladies were not wearing seat belts in the back or I hope this was a stationary shot. Else it is a fineable offence!
Thanks Ajmat. It wasn't a stationery shot but the belts had come off only for the picture. They were not going with the look, if you know what I mean. They came back on after the click. No one wants to be fined in a foreign land.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
Lovely read! Seems like you guys are keeping up the marathon runs even outside the country. At this rate, one can probably cover the whole of UK in a week or two.

BTW, how did you find negotiating the multi lane roundabouts?
Thanks a lot Dry Ice. Since we could not drive all the way to the UK, the idea was to make it up inside the UK. It took 2-3 multi lane roundabouts to get used to. Sumitro guided me through them. After that it was very easy. Just follow the rules (stop and give way on the dotted line, Car on the right has preference & the correct use of indicators) and it becomes easier than it is in India.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
Beautifully penned and photographed travelogue, Pawan. Enjoyed going through it at one go. So Meghna & you now have a new qualification / status, one that folks from Bengal had hankered for since the last 300 years - বিলেত ফেরত!
Thanks for the comments Shamindra Da. It was only me who got the qualification this time. Meghna has been to 'Bilat' on work assignments before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhinav V View Post
It must have been great fun driving that Jaaaag. I really enjoyed reading this t-log
It was quite refreshing. I am now filled with more motivation and positivity than ever before, after reading this.
Some other day, I will get a chance to drive such a wonderful car at such a wonderful place.
But I hope that day comes before Petrol/diesel cars get replaced by electric ones
Thanks for the appreciation Abhinav_V. I am sure you will be. Talking of petrol/diesel cars, this was the most powerful diesel car that I have driven on such a long stretch. 296 bhp & 700Nm of torque was something to relish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
A lovely travelogue and one of your best @PapaBravo! Rated 5 stars. I was literally re-living the moments while going through it. I still believe that you guys should have spent more time here.
Thank you. I relived it while penning it down as well.

Quote:
Throughout the trip I have been accused of carrying a big DSLR and 3 lenses which were confined inside the camera bag most of the time. So here is an opportunity to redeem myself by posting a few pictures. Some of the pictures have been taken with the iPhone XS Max as well.
That is one accusation that you cant get rid of. I think the entry of your new phone played a role as well.

Quote:
I bought a Nikon 70-300mm lens just before the trip. Though it is not a portrait lens, still tried to take a few with it.
Quality over quantity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post
You guys surely had a rocking time. Informative travelogue with beautiful pics. Rated 5*.
Bravo, Papabravo.

Friends through Team Bhp.

Result?
Started from city meets, which got promoted to long cross-country drives & now international road trips!

Just wondering, what's next?
Chandrayaan 2 has already departed.
Lol. Thanks a lot Samba. I think we will take the Mangalyaan. Moon has a lot of craters you know.
PapaBravo is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 26th August 2019, 13:53   #18
BHPian

Pawan,

I am Thunderstruck by your travelogue!

Loved the photos and detailing and food photography - your hallmarks!
Did you use a mirrorless camera ? Can you share some more details?

My question to BlackPearl: From your facebook, noted that you went to a trip to the European mainland.How different is it to drive in a left hand drive country when compared to England? How do you read the road signs etc. ? How difficult is language as a barrier in understanding road signs?

Btw, recently visited Vienna and Salzburg (part of a business trip), mind blowing meadows and mountains. May be will write a travelogue.

Regards,
Sayak

Last edited by sayakc : 26th August 2019 at 13:55.
sayakc is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th August 2019, 17:54   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Talking of petrol/diesel cars, this was the most powerful diesel car that I have driven on such a long stretch. 296 bhp & 700Nm of torque was something to relish.
Did you at any point of time while driving, feel the urge to (accidentally) floor the throttle to experience a bit of fish-tailing???
Abhinav V is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2019, 18:46   #20
Team-BHP Support

Man, the F-Pace looked amazing, the silhouette, the stance, the color, those 5 spoke alloys, tints at the rear, it has a cast a spell on me.

The brilliant photographs by you all depicting the countryside was icing on the cake. One time, when you guys must not have missed your Duster or Thar/Bolero.

Thanks for sharing.
Sheel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th August 2019, 19:05   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Great travelogue - thanks for sharing. Reminds of my first Team BHP travelogue - dating back from my driving holiday in Scotland back in 2010. The drive to the Isle of Skye was truly magical. One spot we really liked was the Eilean Donan castle, just before the bridge to the Isle of Skye. Time for another trip to Scotland, I think
Hayek is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2019, 19:50   #22
Team-BHP Support

Who says grey is a boring color?

Lovely road-trip and travelogue, and definitely on my bucket list.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2019, 20:57   #23

Great travelogue.
This reminded me our trip to highlands of UK in March 2019, for which we rented a Kia Ceed GT Line 1.6 which had a 7 speed DCT. It was really a blissful experience in the twisties.
My route recommendation - Edinburgh - Fort William and Ben Nevis - Edinburgh
swaroopsankar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th August 2019, 21:01   #24
BHPian

Great landscape, great vehicles , serious mile munching, epic pictures , intricate details and ofcourse a great friendship... What more can a person ask for !
Beautifully narrated Papada. Hope to see more adventures from Sumitroda and you in near future. Rated 5* .
ARAY is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th August 2019, 22:44   #25
BHPian

Pawan, it's a beautiful travelogue with stunning photographs. Keep it up!

Best,
gmhossain is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th August 2019, 00:45   #26
BHPian

Super photologue Pawan..... had to finish it one go.

The landscape is mesmerising and the pictures had me enthralled. This will certainly be one that you will remember for a lifetime.

The feline beauty is a fabulously designed car and the colour really helped flaunt the curves. It is DROP DEAD GORGEOUS !!!

Rated a well deserved 5*

Warm regards,
Siddhartha.
siddarthab is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th August 2019, 02:01   #27
BHPian

Amazing travelogue symbolizing a beautiful friendship between two families. Fantastic car and fantastic pictures and what a coverage of UK in a weeks trip.

As Samba mentioned, your reaches are going beyond borders, reminds me a dialogue of the captain of blackpearl
Pacing through UK in a Jaguar F-Pace-ddde5c1b00a04dad8a51d637c1a97c86.jpeg

Wish you both great travels together.

Last edited by Thermodynamics : 27th August 2019 at 02:04.
Thermodynamics is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th August 2019, 03:26   #28
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayakc View Post
I will be able to answer this question, there were 4 cameras - Pawan's newly acquired Fujifilm X-T100, a Nikon D810, a one plus 5T and an iPhone XS Max. If you have specific questions about any photo or a number of them, I can find out which camera was used to click them.

Quote:
My question to BlackPearl: From your facebook, noted that you went to a trip to the European mainland.How different is it to drive in a left hand drive country when compared to England? How do you read the road signs etc. ? How difficult is language as a barrier in understanding road signs?

Btw, recently visited Vienna and Salzburg (part of a business trip), mind blowing meadows and mountains. May be will write a travelogue.

Regards,
Sayak
Hi Sayak, I took the Mini Cooper to Europe, so it is a bit of a problem driving a right hand drive vehicle on the right hand side of the road. In most cases it is fine, just needed to adjust the mirrors a bit. It gets problematic while overtaking in single lane roads. Also it will be a problem if one drives alone because the toll gates take money or card only on the left hand side. Without a co-passenger I would have to get down at every toll plaza to pay.
If you drive a left hand drive vehicle I don't think it will be any problem, it hardly takes 10 minutes to get used to. Also it is not a problem in busy roads because you always find people to follow. On deserted country roads, sometimes one can forget on which side of the road to keep to and get a jolt when he suddenly sees some car coming in his direction
Road signs were not a problem as I was following google map and it was pretty accurate everywhere we went. Also after driving for a while you get to learn a few common words, like Sortie means Exit in French.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thermodynamics View Post
Amazing travelogue symbolizing a beautiful friendship between two families. Fantastic car and fantastic pictures and what a coverage of UK in a weeks trip.

As Samba mentioned, your reaches are going beyond borders, reminds me a dialogue of the captain of blackpearl
Attachment 1910050

Thanks a lot, this made my day! I love Captain Jack Sparrow
BlackPearl is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 27th August 2019, 09:44   #29

Pawan, way to go !!
Awesome TL, loved the finer details of travel specified by you !!
Pics are just amazing !!
Keep travelling - Keep Rocking !!
Cheers !!
The_Motorist is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th August 2019, 11:24   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Pawan,

I am Thunderstruck by your travelogue!

Loved the photos and detailing and food photography - your hallmarks!
Thanks a lot for those kind words Sayak. As told by Sumitro, Yes, I have recently bought a Fujifilm XT-100 mirrorless camera. The idea behind getting a mirrorless was to make it easy carrying on the trips. Not bulky and the clicks are good enough. More details of the camera are posted here (Mirrorless or EVIL Cameras).

Quote:
Will eagerly wait for that. Your writing often makes the place more beautiful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhinav V View Post
Did you at any point of time while driving, feel the urge to (accidentally) floor the throttle to experience a bit of fish-tailing???
Haha. I won't say that the thought didn't cross my mind (Dil toh Bachcha Hai Ji) but didn't indulge into anything like that. Yes, there were times when the speedometer went past the speed limit without us knowing and then we had to correct it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Man, the F-Pace looked amazing, the silhouette, the stance, the color, those 5 spoke alloys, tints at the rear, it has a cast a spell on me.

The brilliant photographs by you all depicting the countryside was icing on the cake. One time, when you guys must not have missed your Duster or Thar/Bolero.

Thanks for sharing.
Thanks a lot Sheel. And yes, the F-Pace was amazing. This one was beautifully specced to. Completely blacked out without the ugly chrome bits. It looks fast even while standing still. It is difficult to take a bad photo of this car. The twin turbo engine was a hoot to drive as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayek View Post
Great travelogue - thanks for sharing. Reminds of my first Team BHP travelogue - dating back from my driving holiday in Scotland back in 2010. The drive to the Isle of Skye was truly magical. One spot we really liked was the Eilean Donan castle, just before the bridge to the Isle of Skye. Time for another trip to Scotland, I think
Thanks a lot Hayek. Let me dig that TL out and go through it. I think we saw this castle but the weather was really bad. We managed to click it somehow. Is it the same one as below

Pacing through UK in a Jaguar F-Pace-img_0854.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
Who says grey is a boring color?

Lovely road-trip and travelogue, and definitely on my bucket list.
Thanks a lot Chetan_Rao. We loved this color.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swaroopsankar View Post
Great travelogue.
This reminded me our trip to highlands of UK in March 2019, for which we rented a Kia Ceed GT Line 1.6 which had a 7 speed DCT. It was really a blissful experience in the twisties.
My route recommendation - Edinburgh - Fort William and Ben Nevis - Edinburgh
Thanks so mucn swaroopsankar. I am sure it would have been fun. We travelled on the route you have recommended.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARAY View Post
Great landscape, great vehicles , serious mile munching, epic pictures , intricate details and ofcourse a great friendship... What more can a person ask for !
Beautifully narrated Papada. Hope to see more adventures from Sumitroda and you in near future. Rated 5* .
Thanks a ton Aritra !! The trip was a lifetime experience indeed. To be honest, friendships which can last a road trip usually last long. And yes, 'Papada' was hilarious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmhossain View Post
Pawan, it's a beautiful travelogue with stunning photographs. Keep it up!

Best,
Thank you Hossain Sa'ab.

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddarthab View Post
Super photologue Pawan..... had to finish it one go.

The landscape is mesmerising and the pictures had me enthralled. This will certainly be one that you will remember for a lifetime.

The feline beauty is a fabulously designed car and the colour really helped flaunt the curves. It is DROP DEAD GORGEOUS !!!

Rated a well deserved 5*

Warm regards,
Siddhartha.
Thanks you for such appreciation Siddhartha Da. This will indeed be one of the most memorable trips.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thermodynamics View Post

Thank you so much for the kind words Thermodynamics. As evident from Blackpearl's post, he would be very happy to see a Jack sparrow reference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Motorist View Post
Pawan, way to go !!
Awesome TL, loved the finer details of travel specified by you !!
Pics are just amazing !!
Keep travelling - Keep Rocking !!
Cheers !!
Thanks a lot !! Waiting for your TLs now.

Cheers,

Pawan

Last edited by PapaBravo : 27th August 2019 at 11:26. Reason: Removing smileys from quoted post
PapaBravo is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks