Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st November 2019, 21:34   #16
BHPian

Re: Trip to heaven! A rendezvous with Jatayu Earth Center & Alleppey, Kerala

Thanks for sharing this information, I got to know about the Jatayu earth center only after reading your post! I wish to vist this place!!
Old 22nd November 2019, 08:13   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jailbird_fynix View Post
A brilliant travelogue with some wonderful pictures as well. We'd visited the Jatayu Earth Center earlier this year. It was a relaxing and pleasant experience. We were quiet surprised with how neat and organised everything was.

Thanks a lot for making it crisp and clear:

The whole experience of visiting the Jatayu Earth's Center was Awe-inspiring and the whole facility is on par with international standards.

Here is a short Video Walk-through : The gives an idea of what this place is all about!

Disclaimer: These videos were not shot by me. They are on youtube and have been posted by the authorities at the Jatayu Earth's Center facility.

UNIQUE COMBINATION OF EPIC NATURE & ADVENTURE

A glimpse of Jatayu Earth's Center!

Hope this helps!

Last edited by benbsb29 : 26th November 2019 at 06:19. Reason: Merged back-to-back posts.
Amyth Prabhakar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2019, 10:51   #18
BHPian

Thanks for the wonderful writeup and beautiful pictures. I have numerous times taken the road on the way from Bengaluru to Attingal as used that route. I never knew the place was so good and the history behind this resort. Thanks for the same and the next on the to do things on my wishlist
coolrats is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2019, 15:04   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amyth Prabhakar View Post
A Rendezvous with Jatayu - A trip to Heaven!!
Thanks for the write up with beautiful pics. I can imagine how surreal it would be visiting such places when it rains.

Very tempted to visit. Had you not mentioned, I would have assumed it to be somewhere in Malaysia/Indonesia/Thailand!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jailbird_fynix View Post
Here's some quick info for those who would like to visit this place -
  • It's the world’s largest bird sculpture measuring 200 ft x 150 ft x 70 ft with a floor area of 15,000 sq ft. It stands at an altitude of 350m (1200ft) above mean sea level.
  • Chadayamangalam is 38 km away from the city of Kollam and 46 km away from Trivandrum. It is easily accessible from SH1 (MC Road).
(Google Maps)
  • Timing - 10am - 8pm
  • Online Booking - Link
  • Entry Fees per head (as of early 2019) -
  1. Parking - Rs 20 for 2 hrs
  2. Cable Car tickets (to & fro) - Rs 500
  3. Want to climb the 800 odd steps instead? - Rs 400
  4. Helicopter ride (on Saturdays & Sundays) - Rs 2400 for a group of 6
  5. Adventure Package (which includes rock climbing, a paintball station, rappelling, jummering, bouldering, valley crossing, chimney climbing, vertical ladder climbing, archery, ziplining, commando net climbing, rifle shooting and log walking) - an additional Rs 500
  6. 12D theatre ticket - Rs 150 (a 10 min show)
Thanks for sharing more details. Looks very reasonable.

Quote:
Points to note -
[*]At the entry point, ask them to stop the cable car if necessary. They do not do this and urge you to hop into the car while it's still moving.
I guess that's the standard practice everywhere as the cars are actively moving on the cable (stopping one car means stopping all cars). I have noticed exactly the same in Singapore and Langkawi.
ganesc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2019, 10:06   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganesc View Post

I guess that's the standard practice everywhere as the cars are actively moving on the cable (stopping one car means stopping all cars). I have noticed exactly the same in Singapore and Langkawi.
The speed of the moving cable cars all over the world are adjusted or set to normally match the walking speed of humans and one can easily hop on to that without any trouble. They don't unnecessarily stop it unless it is asked for and a complete stop may be required if you are carrying small children along with strollers or if there are any aged people who have difficulty in walking.

I have been to Singapore and Malaysia and I have never seen them stop.
If you can't manage to get into it while its on the move you will have to board the next available car.

Each car can carry about 6 people so the general practice followed is, they ask people to align themselves and target the car behind the one that goes past them so everyone can hop on while its moving.
Amyth Prabhakar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th November 2019, 12:57   #21
BHPian

Wow!!!
Amazing photos and write-up.
It really felt like I was in Kerala as I read.
I have never been to Alleppey, nor any coastal Kerala apart from Guruvayoor and Trivandrum.
After reading this, the urge to drive has shot up.
As with your case, every time a trip is planned, some sort of hurdles crop up and I end up only dreaming about the trip
I am completely exhausted and don't know when I will finally get a chance to get out of this mundane, hectic life.
Really want to drive to Kerala during monsoon.
Hope 2020 monsoons will be normal and not devastating as 2018 and 2019.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks