Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd January 2020, 22:58   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Kochi to Sikkim! The story which almost wasn't told, an XUV500 speaks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sujoy76 View Post
As usual awesome TL . Loved the way your XUV narrates all the experiences. I'm planning to do a trip till Zuluk this month end as the rest of the places would not be accessible. What's your suggestion?
Thanks a lot Sujoy for your very kind words.
You will find snow in Zuluk too; and snow will also mean that the landscape will be devoid of greenery. The famous view of the switch backs/ loops (from Thambi View Point) will depend on the fog cover. During winter days, a clear view may or may not be possible. Too unpredictable actually. It's like those monsoon days. Some days it rains cats and dogs and some days it doesn't. Depends a lot on your luck on the day you reach there.

In case you wish to head to Nathula from Zuluk, Nathula may be closed during winters and access to Gangtok through Zuluk- Nathula- Tsongmo- Gangtok axis may not be possible.

So, though it may be better placed compared to other options, Zuluk also has its share of uncertainties. If you are traveling from somewhere close by (say Kolkata or Guwahati), it's worth the effort. If you are traveling from say Bangalore, it should be a weighed in decision.
dhanushmenon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2020, 21:52   #32

Hello Dhanush.

Beautiful travelogue. Believe or not I have read the TL at least 20times coz I'm all set to travel to Sikkim.

Have few questions / queries, hope you won't mind.

I read through your description of Local Agents, taxi fellow discouraging from taking our own vehicle. Most of the hotels I approached are saying same as well. But I'm carrying on with my plan.

1. If you remember can you recall where did you get permits for Nathula / Tsomgo Lake?

2. My plan is to first visit Nathulla and then to North. I read you had done otherway round.
MJ@Mariner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2020, 22:52   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ@Mariner View Post
Hello Dhanush.

Beautiful travelogue. Believe or not I have read the TL at least 20times coz I'm all set to travel to Sikkim.

1. If you remember can you recall where did you get permits for Nathula / Tsomgo Lake?

2. My plan is to first visit Nathulla and then to North. I read you had done otherway round.
Thank you very much MJ@Mariner for your kind words.

1. I had a friend at Sikkim who managed permits for me. So I didn't have to run around for it. That said, permits can be obtained from DM office, the main police station in Gangtok and the police station near 13th mile.

2. Yes. I did Nathula after North Sikkim. Mainly because I intended to visit Zuluk from Nathula and exit Sikkim from there. Did not want to come back to Gangtok.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks