Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd December 2019, 19:13   #16
Team-BHP Support

Re: Teenage Endeavour to the Abode of Clouds : Exploring Meghalaya

Thread moved out from the Assembly Line. Thanks for sharing AJ-got-BHP!
BlackPearl is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2019, 23:56   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Nice travelogue Arav da. Rated 5*. The pics are awesome. Your teenage Endeavour is really a timeless beauty. Loved the pic of your Endeavour with the red/orange Duster!

Felt nice to see Vinay after so many years! Had some nice memories with him from our Ladakh trip in 2015!

Meghalaya has a lot to offer, people rarely explore much beyond the typical tourist circuits. Great to see you exploring the unexplored places. Very few people do that.

In October, I touched Meghalaya just for a couple of days while returning from Arunachal.
I witnessed one of the best sunset hues in my life while returning from Cherrapunji.

Teenage Endeavour to the Abode of Clouds : Exploring Meghalaya-img_0437.jpg
Samba is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 24th December 2019, 04:23   #18
Team-BHP Support

Lovely detailed travelogue AJ-got-BHP. Rated 5 stars. We went to Meghalaya this year in February and your travelogue refreshed our memories. Posting a few pictures from our trip.

Dawki River
Teenage Endeavour to the Abode of Clouds : Exploring Meghalaya-dsc_10891.jpg

Teenage Endeavour to the Abode of Clouds : Exploring Meghalaya-dsc_0933.jpg

Boat ride on Dawki River
Teenage Endeavour to the Abode of Clouds : Exploring Meghalaya-img_20190124_144434000_hdr.jpg

Double decker living root bridge
Teenage Endeavour to the Abode of Clouds : Exploring Meghalaya-img20190307wa01171.jpg

Rainbow falls
Teenage Endeavour to the Abode of Clouds : Exploring Meghalaya-dsc_0749.jpg

The Sherpa
Teenage Endeavour to the Abode of Clouds : Exploring Meghalaya-dsc_0791.jpg

Hulk and Sherpa
Teenage Endeavour to the Abode of Clouds : Exploring Meghalaya-dsc_0797.jpg
BlackPearl is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 24th December 2019, 10:58   #19
BHPian

Detailed travelogue with beautiful pictures. Thanks for all the information.
debuda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2019, 14:49   #20
BHPian

Meghalaya, actually the entire north east has a very special charm and lure.

Beautiful pictures, fantastic itinerary and nice write-up; thank you for sharing!
DreamsUnlimited is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2019, 19:46   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

This is incredible, My perception about Meghalaya is that its raining all the time, Surprised to see that you folks weren't drenched in the rain all the time, thats good. I should make some plans to visit Meghalaya and the entire east pretty much.

Beautiful pictures and so much content, there is enough to read over tomorrow`s holiday!! Merry Christmas!!

I have been thinking about creating travelogues since a long time, I travel pretty often as well but the effort required to create something like this is remarkable , many thanks. I just might get the courage some day!
Kosfactor is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 25th December 2019, 11:55   #22
BHPian

Wow! Fantastic thread

Brings back all the memories from my trip, thanks to your photographs from all those places! Rated 5*

Here are some of mine from the recent trip (august)

ML05 Cafe (Must Visit)
Teenage Endeavour to the Abode of Clouds : Exploring Meghalaya-img_20180806_154932.jpg

Teenage Endeavour to the Abode of Clouds : Exploring Meghalaya-dsc_8428.jpg

Teenage Endeavour to the Abode of Clouds : Exploring Meghalaya-dsc_8462.jpg

View of Bangladesh (from Kutumadan Resort)
Teenage Endeavour to the Abode of Clouds : Exploring Meghalaya-img_20180807_181009.jpg

at night
Teenage Endeavour to the Abode of Clouds : Exploring Meghalaya-dsc_9223.jpg

Teenage Endeavour to the Abode of Clouds : Exploring Meghalaya-dsc_8474.jpg

Teenage Endeavour to the Abode of Clouds : Exploring Meghalaya-dsc_8712.jpg

Teenage Endeavour to the Abode of Clouds : Exploring Meghalaya-dsc_8593-1.jpg

Cheers!
shishir333 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 25th December 2019, 16:48   #23
BHPian

Fantastic thread! Never really understood the meaning of “India’s a diverse nation” till now. Makes me want to pack my bags
TheHelix0202 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th December 2019, 08:13   #24
Senior - BHPian

Awesome TL and amazing pictures! This came in just when I am about to embark on a whirlwind trip to Shillong, Dawki and Cherapunji. I've gained a lot of insights now, and will surely carry a couple of umbrellas, torch and multi-plug connection.

Time being short, we are flying down to Guwahati via Calcutta,and spending a day each in Shillong, Dawki (Pontong) and Cherapunji. Engaged a travel agency named Travel Destination to take care of the vehicle, hotel booking and points to visit on the advice of a good friend who hails from Shillong. We were initially planning to hire a Zoom car and do everything on our own, but he advised us to go the travel agency route to escape the harrowing traffic, winding roads and finding parking spots. Most of all, the driver will not be able to enjoy the breath-taking views.

Look forward to a fun-filled weekend.
vnabhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2019, 13:23   #25
BHPian

Nice photography and detailed narration, as expected, AJ-got-BHP

But what was one notch better was the detailing in your travels. I have bookmarked this thread of yours, BlackPearl & Pawan's and the ones from Gunin for a trip to Meghalaya. Wealth of information indeed.

Best Regards,
Sayak
sayakc is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th December 2019, 19:06   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post
The pics are awesome. Your teenage Endeavour is really a timeless beauty. Loved the pic of your Endeavour with the red/orange Duster!
Thanks for the appreciation on the pictures Samba. Coming from you, means a lot. I could just wish that the duster had a WB registration.

Quote:
Felt nice to see Vinay after so many years! Had some nice memories with him from our Ladakh trip in 2015!
Vinay too was remembering you on this trip and was asking about your whereabouts. The conversation we had :
Vinay : How has Samba been ?
AJ : He has changed !
Vinay : How and why is that ?
AJ : He has got married !!
We smirked at each other and the rest was all understood

Quote:
Meghalaya has a lot to offer, people rarely explore much beyond the typical tourist circuits. Great to see you exploring the unexplored places. Very few people do that.
One needs to have time in hand to explore the unexplored places. Our constraint with time does not usually allow us. Thankfully the distances in Meghalaya are not much, so it was worth exploring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
Lovely detailed travelogue AJ-got-BHP. Rated 5 stars. We went to Meghalaya this year in February and your travelogue refreshed our memories. Posting a few pictures from our trip.
Thanks BleackPearl for bringing the thread live and sharing some wonderful pictures of your trip to Meghalaya, earlier this year. We opted to take the guide for the double decker living root bridge trek taking inference from your travelogue. Thanks for the rating !

Quote:
Originally Posted by debuda View Post
Detailed travelogue with beautiful pictures. Thanks for all the information.
Thanks debuda !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamsUnlimited View Post
Meghalaya, actually the entire north east has a very special charm and lure.

Beautiful pictures, fantastic itinerary and nice write-up; thank you for sharing!
Thanks DreamsUnlimited !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
This is incredible, My perception about Meghalaya is that its raining all the time, Surprised to see that you folks weren't drenched in the rain all the time, thats good. I should make some plans to visit Meghalaya and the entire east pretty much.
We specifically chose this time in order to avoid the rains and be mesmerized with the Cherry Blossoms. The weather was awesome and I suppose it is the best time to visit Meghalaya unless one looks out to be drenched.

Quote:
Beautiful pictures and so much content, there is enough to read over tomorrows holiday!! Merry Christmas!!
Hope you love it !! Thanks Kosfactor!!

Quote:
I have been thinking about creating travelogues since a long time, I travel pretty often as well but the effort required to create something like this is remarkable , many thanks. I just might get the courage some day!
A traveler will eventually be a story teller ! It is just a matter of time I guess. I know people who pen down travelogues within the next 72 hours of their travel. They are genius ! I still take months to do so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shishir333 View Post
Wow! Fantastic thread. Brings back all the memories from my trip, thanks to your photographs from all those places! Rated 5*
Lovely pictures shishir333. I wish I would click pictures like that. ML05 Cafe was a bad miss indeed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHelix0202 View Post
Fantastic thread! Never really understood the meaning of “India’s a diverse nation” till now. Makes me want to pack my bags
Thanks TheHelix0202. We are blessed that we have these diversities and we should explore every inch of it. Jai Hind !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Awesome TL and amazing pictures! This came in just when I am about to embark on a whirlwind trip to Shillong, Dawki and Cherapunji. I've gained a lot of insights now, and will surely carry a couple of umbrellas, torch and multi-plug connection.
Thanks vnabhi !! I wish you a fantastic weekend indeed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Time being short, we are flying down to Guwahati via Calcutta,and spending a day each in Shillong, Dawki (Pontong) and Cherapunji. Engaged a travel agency named Travel Destination to take care of the vehicle, hotel booking and points to visit on the advice of a good friend who hails from Shillong. We were initially planning to hire a Zoom car and do everything on our own, but he advised us to go the travel agency route to escape the harrowing traffic, winding roads and finding parking spots. Most of all, the driver will not be able to enjoy the breath-taking views.
I still feel that you would have loved driving on those roads !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayakc View Post
Nice photography and detailed narration, as expected, AJ-got-BHP
Thanks sayakc !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayakc View Post
But what was one notch better was the detailing in your travels. I have bookmarked this thread of yours, BlackPearl & Pawan's and the ones from Gunin for a trip to Meghalaya. Wealth of information indeed.
When we like minded people come together on one forum, there is a room full of information to assimilate. Just that we use different filters to suit our purpose and that is what makes the quality of travel and travelogues continuously better on the Forum. Cheers to Team-BHP
AJ-got-BHP is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th December 2019, 23:10   #27
BHPian

Excellent writing and photographs. Rated well deserved five stars. Following the trend to highjack your TL by posting some photos from my end. Thanks in advance!

Some randoms shots at Dawki

Teenage Endeavour to the Abode of Clouds : Exploring Meghalaya-img_20190310_113943.jpg

Teenage Endeavour to the Abode of Clouds : Exploring Meghalaya-img_20190310_115136.jpg

Teenage Endeavour to the Abode of Clouds : Exploring Meghalaya-img_20190310_115157.jpg

Teenage Endeavour to the Abode of Clouds : Exploring Meghalaya-img_20190310_115617.jpg

From our homestay in Cherapunjee

Teenage Endeavour to the Abode of Clouds : Exploring Meghalaya-img_20190309_150753.jpg

Teenage Endeavour to the Abode of Clouds : Exploring Meghalaya-img_20190309_151844.jpg

A beautiful swimming pool in hotel polo orchid Cherapunjee. A must visit if you are in that part of the country. Unfortunately, I can't share the lunch pictures as all pictures are with certain kind of poison

Teenage Endeavour to the Abode of Clouds : Exploring Meghalaya-img_20190309_155347.jpg

A random shot of me and Hok kolorob(my SX4) somewhere in Cherapunjee

Teenage Endeavour to the Abode of Clouds : Exploring Meghalaya-img_20190309_171847.jpg

Local pork dishes from Red Rice restaurant in Shilong. If you love pork it is a must-visit.

Teenage Endeavour to the Abode of Clouds : Exploring Meghalaya-img_20190311_151937.jpg

Teenage Endeavour to the Abode of Clouds : Exploring Meghalaya-img_20190311_152030.jpg

No Meghalaya TL is complete with moded 800 and Altos.

Teenage Endeavour to the Abode of Clouds : Exploring Meghalaya-img_20190310_185152.jpg
hok kolorob is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 31st December 2019, 07:17   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hok kolorob View Post
Excellent writing and photographs. Rated well deserved five stars. Following the trend to highjack your TL by posting some photos from my end.
Thanks hok_kolorob !! You just handpicked some lovely snaps from your Meghalaya experience. Thanks for sharing !

Quote:
Originally Posted by hok kolorob View Post
No Meghalaya TL is complete with moded 800 and Altos.
So true !! I could not get my eyes off some of the cars. They looked wonderful. Not only with the tires and the alloy rims, the wheel arches for the hatch backs was something which never went unnoticed. I wonder where they source their stuff from. We civilians of a metropolitan city do not get to see such stuff here.

Sharing some random pictures of various Cars at various locations in Meghalaya :
Teenage Endeavour to the Abode of Clouds : Exploring Meghalaya-cars-3.jpg

Teenage Endeavour to the Abode of Clouds : Exploring Meghalaya-cars-1.jpg

Teenage Endeavour to the Abode of Clouds : Exploring Meghalaya-cars-2.jpg

Teenage Endeavour to the Abode of Clouds : Exploring Meghalaya-cars-4.jpg

Teenage Endeavour to the Abode of Clouds : Exploring Meghalaya-cars-5.jpg

Teenage Endeavour to the Abode of Clouds : Exploring Meghalaya-cars-6.jpg

Keating Road in Shillong in one place where you can get anything and everything for your car. I wish I could spend more time there and explore the available options for my cars as well
AJ-got-BHP is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th January 2020, 16:54   #29
Senior - BHPian

Brilliant travelogue there sir!

I’m late for the read, but enjoyed every bit of it. Your Endy caught my attention than the scenery’s posted on the travelogue. Very neat touch of subtle mods (alloys + white paint, Black grille, white top) they made the Endy look damn cool but not old anywhere.

I wasn’t a fan of old endy’s looks but yours surely stands out amongst those old ones making it all fresh and sweet to eyes

Happy & safe driving!
gururajrv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2020, 21:59   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gururajrv View Post
Brilliant travelogue there sir!

I’m late for the read, but enjoyed every bit of it. Your Endy caught my attention than the scenery’s posted on the travelogue. Very neat touch of subtle mods (alloys + white paint, Black grille, white top) they made the Endy look damn cool but not old anywhere.

I wasn’t a fan of old endy’s looks but yours surely stands out amongst those old ones making it all fresh and sweet to eyes

Happy & safe driving!
Thanks for the appreciation ! I have been on my toes to keep it in this condition. A lot of changes will follow soon. Look out for an ownership thread soon as there is tonnes of time to spare and pen it down.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks