Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st March 2020, 00:29   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Teenage Endeavour to the Abode of Clouds : Exploring Meghalaya

Having spent my childhood in the North East, it always nice to see the travelogues on the region. Meghalaya is such a beautiful place with all its falls and bridges. My big man was posted in Shillong during the NEFA days. Your travelogue brings back memories of days gone by when Shillong used to be the Rock capital of the North East before the rest of India took notice. Your pictures and narration brought alive the places so wonderfully. The Krang-suri falls is one place I am yet to visit but would certainly add that in my next one. Thanks for the crisp travelogue, adding few pictures from my side, hope you wouldn’t mind, regards.

View of the Shillong City amongst the clouds
Teenage Endeavour to the Abode of Clouds : Exploring Meghalaya-dbfaabf668ea48ce88e4ad942179bdd4.jpeg

This is near the Umiam lake, the colours just take your breadth away
Teenage Endeavour to the Abode of Clouds : Exploring Meghalaya-d51b2802dea0495584f1bd0ff47dfdb0.jpeg
ABHI_1512 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st April 2020, 18:53   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABHI_1512 View Post
I showed the pictures of our trip to my daughter and ever since she has been after my life to visit the North East. She is just 9 now and has been travelling with me since the time she was 3 months old !

This picture of yours reminds me of Punakha Dzong in Bhutan surrounded by these flowers. Once the lockdown is over, shall head back to Shillong soon with family.
AJ-got-BHP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2020, 19:05   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ-got-BHP View Post
This picture of yours reminds me of Punakha Dzong in Bhutan surrounded by these flowers. Once the lockdown is over, shall head back to Shillong soon with family.:
Yes, Punakha Dzong is surrounded by these beauties during the summers.
Well, you might bump into me on that route because I am supposed to do the same Shillong has got some real neat places tucked inside, in fact the Garo hills side is even more unexplored. You and your Endeavour will enjoy the terrains I am sure. Will wait for some beautiful photographs from you, regards.
ABHI_1512 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2020, 02:59   #34
BHPian

Such an amazing and elaborate Travelogue Arav ! Your pics are getting nicer and nicer with each article & close to pro levels Will surely refer this if i ever plan a trip to beautiful Meghalaya. The Endy is one mean machine and definitely has been a good investment for you. The Rated 5 Stars.
Samfromindia is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2020, 09:54   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABHI_1512 View Post
Well, you might bump into me on that route because I am supposed to do the same Shillong has got some real neat places tucked inside, in fact the Garo hills side is even more unexplored. You and your Endeavour will enjoy the terrains I am sure. Will wait for some beautiful photographs from you, regards.
Waiting for the lockdown to get unlocked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samfromindia View Post
Such an amazing and elaborate Travelogue Arav ! Your pics are getting nicer and nicer with each article & close to pro levels Will surely refer this if i ever plan a trip to beautiful Meghalaya. The Endy is one mean machine and definitely has been a good investment for you. The Rated 5 Stars.
Thanks Samfromindia ! The Endeavour has been a fine investment indeed. It has put up with me as a workhorse as well as a travel buddy. Hope to catch up with you soon !
Old 5th April 2020, 15:17   #36
BHPian

That was a beautifully written travelogue with some captivating photographs. We could see Meghalaya though your narration and were with you every step of the way. Great job. Shall add this to our bucket list of motoring trips.

Thank you for sharing.
earthian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2020, 08:35   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthian View Post
That was a beautifully written travelogue with some captivating photographs. We could see Meghalaya though your narration and were with you every step of the way. Great job. Shall add this to our bucket list of motoring trips.

Thank you for sharing.
Thanks earthian ! You can add some other bits of North East as well if you have time on your side. You can plan Arunachal and Kaziranga to your trip. That will be fulfilling !
Old 2nd July 2022, 23:23   #38
BHPian

Wow
I missed this one actually.
What a fantastic travelogue.
Awesome frames and Bagheera looking fab as usual.
This will be really a good reference for any future trips to this regions.
Old 3rd July 2022, 11:36   #39
BHPian

Wonderful Travelogue. Well described with spot on photographs. Though travelled earlier in winter, but your photos are so lively it is attracting me to visit again.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks