Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th December 2019, 22:31   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Self-drive holiday in South Island, New Zealand

Wow! Over half a dozen travelogues on the forum already, of BHPians visiting New Zealand - and after your very descriptive travelogue, the temptation to visit NZ increases all the more.
SS-Traveller is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2019, 10:09   #17
BHPian

Beautiful photos and excellent write up! Thank you so much for sharing. Enjoyed it very much. New Zealand is a beautiful place.
slackyboy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2019, 13:10   #18
BHPian

Dada enjoyed your travelogue very much, every place is so beautiful, one better than the other and what a pretty sight for those who enjoy being behind the wheel of two beautiful cars. Very enviable drive and trip. Keep writing we enjoy reading.
majumon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2019, 06:54   #19
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by debuda View Post
Having explored both the North and South islands I would say that there is hardly any place in the whole of New Zealand which is not pretty. There are 3820 lakes and 3144 glaciers in this small country! One is never far from mind-blowingly beautiful sights. NZ should be high on everybody's bucket list and more so if you love self-drive holidays.
Completely agree with this. I did a quick weekend trip to meet DBHPian Noopster and tour a bit of the North Island, and came back super impressed. They say the South Island holds more beautiful views, and I can only wait in excitement for the next trip.

Nice writeup, and great snaps too. Perfect thread to read for the holiday season.
benbsb29 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2020, 23:36   #20
BHPian

Nice pics. All those pics brought back memories especially since we all are stuck at home.

I was also touring New Zealand around same time (17-26 November).I did my south island trip on buses and Tranz Alpine train

To explore North Island, I drove from Auckland to Wellington via Hamilton, Rotorua & Taupo. Then flew to South Island (Queenstown) and toured South island on bus till Greymouth and then took Tranz Alpine to Christchurch and then flew back to Auckland.

After that was most fun part for me, did a two day motorcycle ride from Auckland (started from rental place at Maraetai) to Hahei and back covering coromandel peninsula

Last edited by crazybiker46 : 1st April 2020 at 23:38.
crazybiker46 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2020, 10:39   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazybiker46 View Post
Nice pics. All those pics brought back memories especially since we all are stuck at home.
Had this thread not been bumped up because of this post from you, I would have missed such a beautiful travelogue. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by debuda View Post
The best way to explore New Zealand is by driving.
What more can be said for such a beautifully written and photographed travelogue. Cannot help but praise both the location and the photographer in you. A travelogue read daily in this time will keep the mind fresh is what I have decided. Thank you once again. Rated 5 stars.
haisaikat is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks