Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th January 2020, 13:28   #31
AZT
BHPian

Re: A Kiss of Death in Magical Himachal

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilch View Post
Yes fundagenie. I too believe in Karma and also in Positive Thinking.

Human Will Power is truly an indomitable force. You will definitely make a full recovery and even better your previous run time. Reading such stories one of my favorite Hemingway quotes comes to mind - "But man is not made for defeat. A man can be destroyed but not defeated."

Wish you a complete and speedy recovery.
AZT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2020, 23:25   #32
Senior - BHPian

That is nasty. Wish you a speedy recovery and many more miles - on foot and on motorcycles! Stay strong.
Old 23rd August 2020, 19:51   #33
BHPian

So after a long time I took a long ride today (200+ Kms) to Igatpuri and back with only bio breaks. While I had been riding 2-wheelers since a few months but was limited to only local runs around my house or at-best a 20Km ride in Mumbai and then return while including breaks in the form of meets with friends or having a coffee on the way. Today I felt I could do it and so decided to head to Igatpuri.

Thanks to the ongoing pandemic, the roads these days are the dream of any auto enthusiast. There is hardly any traffic

However, this usually beautiful piece of road from Mumbai to Nasik is in utter state of neglect right now. It is dotted with potholes and moon craters. If you are not careful, only God can save you as even the emergency responses are limited these days. While many eateries on the highway are open, there is limited crowd all around. This is kind of the ideal scenario that we always imagine, we always want to experience. Limited traffic, limited crowd so that you can enjoy the journey.

Late Monsoon season has ensured that you will enjoy the ride with cool wind and green views all along the road. The day was simply awesome too. Only light drizzle along the way and a lot of brightness all along.

Rode for 5 hours in total from the moment of leaving home and haven't felt any issues so far. Felt great to be able to use the bike for the intended purpose

A Kiss of Death in Magical Himachal-20200823_132100_hdr.jpg

Last edited by sunilch : 23rd August 2020 at 19:53.
sunilch is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2020, 20:22   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
So after a long time I took a long ride today (200+ Kms) to Igatpuri and back with only bio breaks.
Great to see you back in action. How has the recovery been? Any residual paresis?

Hope to see more travelogues of yours.

The roads with rain and slush around are really scary. Ride safe.
Old 23rd August 2020, 22:58   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
Great to see you back in action. How has the recovery been? Any residual paresis?

Hope to see more travelogues of yours.

The roads with rain and slush around are really scary. Ride safe.
Hey Doc,

The recovery has been a mixed bag to be honest. The bone fracture recovered fast and the swelling went quickly too. Neck pain went with it. But some pain in my left shoulder lingered on which was later diagnosed as a ligament tear. It got supposedly ignored or not diagnosed earlier as the pain in shoulder was thought to be due to nerve injury.

I started neck physio later but it took a while to come back to expected levels. Neck strength also took a while to come to expected levels. All of this was delayed due to some other medical emergencies at home and then the subsequent Pandemic induced lock-downs. So my visits to Physio got stopped and I continued with it at home. Now things are good in terms of strength and flexibility.

But my stamina is a bit less than before. Not because of the injury but due to the lock-downs (again ). I have a desk job and the daily travel to office is not happening since March. As a result I have gained some weight.

I still go out for a walk/jog occasionally and can do so for 60mins but not more. Earlier I was able so for 90mins. Also, Gyms are still closed in Mumbai so there is limited strength training that I can do.

Hope things get back to normal soon in terms of Gym and Office so that my daily routine gets better. I am actually missing my regular 9-5 routine

Last edited by sunilch : 23rd August 2020 at 23:01.
sunilch is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th July 2021, 10:45   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Hey Doc,

The recovery has been a mixed bag to be honest. The bone fracture recovered fast and the swelling went quickly too. Neck pain went with it. But some pain in my left shoulder lingered on which was later diagnosed as a ligament tear. It got supposedly ignored or not diagnosed earlier as the pain in shoulder was thought to be due to nerve injury.
Hello Sunil! How is the ligament tear recovery, and rest of the injuries are all healed? Any trouble with neck or shoulder still persisting? What's the update on the FIR and any progress on court's proceedings?
Old 30th July 2021, 11:28   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by redohabitat View Post
Hello Sunil! How is the ligament tear recovery, and rest of the injuries are all healed? Any trouble with neck or shoulder still persisting? What's the update on the FIR and any progress on court's proceedings?
Hey redohabitat,

Thanks for checking. The recovery is ok. You can say I am 90% back to normal which allows me to function. The 10% is something that I will have to live with I guess as the injury was serious and it either takes a long time or may not recover at all. I forced to do regular Physio for it (the mandating sucks) and be careful in situations which otherwise would have been easy to-do for me.

No word on the FIR. Last I checked with the officer there, he mentioned that all 'non-essential' or 'trivial' matters have been put on back burner due to the Pandemic
sunilch is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks