Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th February 2007, 22:06   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Abhijit, great log as always. Particularly loved that sunset pic from the ferry

mclaren1885: Roads are cleared well in advance of your motorcade by govt mandate- anticipating rolling cars and resultant destruction to govt property; the Ankola Rd being no exception.

Last edited by theMAG : 28th February 2007 at 22:10.
Old 28th February 2007, 22:32   #17
Senior - BHPian

Excellent sir....
As usual another great write up....!!!
Old 28th February 2007, 23:14   #18
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
mclaren1885: Roads are cleared well in advance of your motorcade by govt mandate- anticipating rolling cars and resultant destruction to govt property; the Ankola Rd being no exception.
Im telling u the FAG is making you hazy .. Take remedies before its too late .. And i dont know where there rolling cars funda came from .. I see you talking about it everywhere .. Lets stick to topic here and take care before you find yourself in a rolling swift ..
Old 1st March 2007, 08:19   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akroy View Post
McLaren, According to Eicher Road Atlas
1) Blr - Haveri - Mirjan - Ankola = 565 km
2) Blr - Hubli - Ankola = 506km
Abhi
Sorry mistake, its the other way round.,....

1) Blr - Haveri - Mirjan - Ankola = 506 km
2) Blr - Hubli - Ankola = 565km

Abhi
Old 1st March 2007, 08:35   #20
Team-BHP Support

Nice writeup Akroy. Which is the Atlas that you are referring to and where did you buy it from?
Old 1st March 2007, 08:45   #21
Senior - BHPian

Eicher Road Atlas

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
Nice writeup Akroy. Which is the Atlas that you are referring to and where did you buy it from?
I am refering to the Eicher Road Atlas (2006 version), I bought it from Landmark, Forum Mall, bangalore...

BTW, there was indeed some mistakes in the initial draft which I have (like no ECR, spelling of Ankola is Ankolz, Calangute is Kalangut, no mention of NH17A & B also in some stretches of NH5) but last week when I went to forum saw the newer version, it did make amendments to some mistakes, now u can see the ECR and spelling mistakes corrected....Hopefully it will be more accurate....

Actually hvkumar has listed about 70 odd mistakes in Eicher and sent it across to them....probably that would have helped them bring out a better version for 2007.

Abhi
Old 1st March 2007, 09:11   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akroy View Post
I am refering to the Eicher Road Atlas (2006 version), I bought it from Landmark, Forum Mall, bangalore...

BTW, there was indeed some mistakes in the initial draft which I have (like no ECR, spelling of Ankola is Ankolz, Calangute is Kalangut, no mention of NH17A & B also in some stretches of NH5) but last week when I went to forum saw the newer version, it did make amendments to some mistakes, now u can see the ECR and spelling mistakes corrected....Hopefully it will be more accurate....

Actually hvkumar has listed about 70 odd mistakes in Eicher and sent it across to them....probably that would have helped them bring out a better version for 2007.

Abhi
Incidentally, I have listed out over 130 mistakes, some of them very serious, and communicated to Eicher 85 of them - no time to tabulate the last 50! As Abhijit mentioned, some mistakes appear to have been corrected in the second edition. In case any of you wants to see my compilation of the mistakes, I will be happy to share it.
Old 1st March 2007, 11:46   #23
BHPian

Very nice description of the trip. One can vicariously enjoy the trip just by reading the account. I enjoyed reading it.
Old 1st March 2007, 12:42   #24
BHPian

Another Scintillating trip and a great travelogue to follow it up.You are the true follower of "Let's Go" tagline.
Old 8th March 2007, 13:06   #25

Good write up about the drive and trip. Great to know that you did it in an Alto!!
Brought back memories of when I had done the trip in '03, however the route was different (NH4 from blr - tumkur - chitradurga - davangere - hubli - dharwad and then the A4 to ponda - panjim) Did the trip in a 1.6 Siena and the roads were being done up at the time....
Your write up has inspired me to try it again with a different route this time!!
Old 18th March 2007, 10:00   #26
Senior - BHPian

Awasome write up Akroy, you are simply best, I travelled many times between bangalore and ankola, yes you are right blre-haveri-sirsi-ankola (506km) is one of the shortest to visit goa from bangalore.

Blre -> tumkur-> shimoga -> honavar->ankola (500km) is also short but takes more time for narrow road and more ghat section compared to haveri route because.

Ravi.
Old 3rd January 2009, 14:06   #27

Hey excellent travelogue. It proved to be useful for me recently when I planned my road trip to Goa frolm Bangalore.
I however, took a slightly different route... NH4.
Bangalore-Tumkur-Hiriyur-Chitradurga-Hubli till Kittur Village. From there I took the state highway Kittur-Nandghad-Khanapur till Khanapur. Near Khanapur, I got the Belgaum-Goa highway. From Khanapur, Panjim is about 120 kms.
The state state highway Kittur-Nandghad-Khanapur is in poor condition for aroung 15-20 Kms. However, the NH4 was in excellent condition. Most of it is toll road, 4 lanes and straight. On my Scorpio, I could easily manage around 120-130 kmph.
I will write a more detailed experience of the trip soon!
Old 3rd January 2009, 14:38   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Mod's note: Thread closed due to obsolescence.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks