Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th January 2020, 16:21   #16
BHPian

re: Majestic Mewar : Udaipur - Chittorgarh - Kumbhalgarh

Great thread, Shreyas! Thanks for sharing.

The OYO debacle is alarming. I mean, how can they still run business if they are having such an approach. I normally stick to Goibibo for my hotel bookings most of the time, but given how these hotels are responding to the aggregator bookings, I think we should start calling the hotels to reconfirm the booking in their records before starting a journey. Such a sad state of affairs.
R-Six is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2020, 21:07   #17
BANNED

re: Majestic Mewar : Udaipur - Chittorgarh - Kumbhalgarh

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJM1214 View Post
Day 3: Kumbhalgarh to Anand.

It was a cold night at Kumbhalgarh. There weren't any facilities like a heater and extra blankets were chargeable. However, we opted for two extra blankets.

We woke up at 0630 and started driving to Anand at 0700. During our back journey, we wanted to avoid Udaipur. We decided to go by the longer but faster route via Palanpur.

It was a pleasant morning.

A lake at Kumbhalgarh.
Attachment 1954652

Outskirts of Kumbhalgarh.
Attachment 1954653

We had to catch NH27 but before that, we passed through some of the amazing areas full of green fields and mountains.

Before NH27
Attachment 1954669

Before NH27
Attachment 1954655

The road to NH27 passed through some of the remote villages. There wasn't any kind of food joint or fuel bunk. We left Kumbhalgarh without breakfast, so all of us were Hungry. Once we reach NH27, we stopped at a local Dhaba for much-needed breakfast.

At a Local Dhaba.
Attachment 1954660

After breakfast, we maintained good speed on well-maintained and smooth NH27. Somewhere around Sirohi, we toyed with the idea to have a quick visit to Mt. Abu. But for all of us, the next day was a working day and it was advisable to reach home and take rest to face the next working day.

Somewhere around Sirohi.
Attachment 1954661

Road to home.
Attachment 1954662

We reached home at 1800.

Overall, we had an amazing road trip and covered some of the remote parts of Rajsthan ( Mewar Region). Ziva too had a great time and enjoyed the trip to the fullest. Yes, We missed some sights and attractions, but We are sure that, we are going to come back to Udaipur.

Rajasthan is a big state. Historically it was divided into many regions like Mewar, Marwar, Dhundhar, Shekhavati, , etc. based on different languages, cultures, and traditions. I want to see and explore Rajasthan based on these regions to get the exact idea of this amazing state. In this trip, we (tried to) covered the Mewar region. The next could be the Marwar region, which includes Jodhpur and the districts of Barmer, Jalore, Nagaur, Pali, and parts of Sikar.

Some tips for Travellers:
  • Spare at least 2 nights and 3 days for Udaipur city to do proper justice to this amazing city.

• Use two-wheelers or local auto-rickshaw for sightseeing inside the old city areas. Auto-Rickshaws guys give package on the base of sights and hours.

• Hiring a guide is a good idea but bargain well before finalizing. They"ll take you to some handicraft shop and force you to buy something from that handicraft shop.

• The best time to visit the Udaipur city is during the winter season, ranging from September till February. However, Please avoid Diwali and Christmas Holidays.

• Vintage Car Museum is an awesome place for us BHPians.

• Try local food, its amazing.

• In the case of the Palace or Fort visit, you"ll have to walk. Always wear comfortable shoes and be ready to walk.

• Don't Discuss Padmavat movie with Locals. Especially in the Mewar region.

• Don't miss Sound and light show at forts. They are amazing and full of information.

Good write-up with all the details about it... Take a few notes about the hotel booking as well.
pd_scorpio is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th January 2020, 10:21   #18
Senior - BHPian

Re: Majestic Mewar : Udaipur - Chittorgarh - Kumbhalgarh

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-Six View Post
Great thread, Shreyas! Thanks for sharing.

The OYO debacle is alarming.
Thanks, R-Six.
Yes, it is, OYO's Social Media pages are full of these kinds of complaints. I raised my compliant to the highest authority. They are going to process the refund of my payment. I am not going to use OYO anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pd_scorpio View Post
Good write-up with all the details about it... Take a few notes about the hotel booking as well.
Thanks, pd_scorpio.
The name of hotels are mentioned and detailed reviews are posted on Google and TripAdvisor.
SJM1214 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2020, 16:05   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJM1214 View Post
Overall, we had an amazing road trip and covered some of the remote parts of Rajsthan ( Mewar Region)
A great write-up, thanks for sharing
I had gone to Rajasthan with my folks as well, during the Christmas holidays. And I could relate to some of the experiences that you have outlined

Quote:
Hiring a guide is a good idea but bargain well before finalizing. They"ll take you to some handicraft shop and force you to buy something from that handicraft shop.
Very true. And what we found out later, that the guides will have some pre-decided arrangement with the shops. But, I guess, this practice is omnipresent.

Quote:
Don't Discuss Padmavat movie with Locals. Especially in the Mewar region.
You have nailed this one
The local guys have a big grudge with Shahid Kapoor also. One of the guides even said that their own local "boy" is taller, more handsome and looks the Rajput part much better as compared to the chotu Shahid!
JoshMachine is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2020, 21:15   #20
BANNED

Thanks for reviewing this. Wanting to visit Rajasthan for long time.

BTW why no thar desert ?
Old 20th January 2020, 17:46   #21
BHPian

Superb writeup Shreyas. Great attention to detail. Lovely pics. Totally enjoyed reading it.
Old 22nd January 2020, 12:39   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshMachine View Post
A great write-up, thanks for sharing

Thanks, Joshmachine.
In my case, I got an aggressive guide in Chittor Fort, who was not even ready to listen to anything about Padmavat movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D33-PAC View Post
Thanks for reviewing this. Wanting to visit Rajasthan for long time.

BTW why no thar desert ?
Thanks, D33-PAC.
As I mentioned above, I am planning to cover Rasthan region wise. The Thar Desert is Jodhpur, Pokhran, Jaisalmer and surrounding area. I am planning to do it in the next phase.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileline View Post
Superb writeup Shreyas. Great attention to detail. Lovely pics. Totally enjoyed reading it.
Thanks, smileline. And welcome to the forum.
SJM1214 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th October 2022, 22:43   #23
Senior - BHPian

I'm planning to visit Udaipur, Kumbhalgarh fort and Nathdwara in December. Will be flying into Udaipur and plan to hire a local taxi to get around.

Looking for recommendation for good family hotels (3 star +) in Udaipur which is close to main attractions.
Also need some suggestion about Kumbhalgarh visit. I plan to leave Udaipur in morning, visit Kumbhalgarh and proceed to Nathdwara where I plan to do darshan next day. Should I stay overnight in Kumbhalgarh and then proceed in the morning to Nathdwara or is it ok to drive out of Kumbhalgarh fort post the sound /light show in late evening and proceed to Nathdwara for night stay. Is it safe to travel that late in night?

Looking forward to suggestions.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks