Team-BHP > Travelogues

Search this Thread
Old 5th February 2020, 10:41   #16
BHPian

Re: Hyderabad - Kanyakumari - Kerala in a Duster AWD

That was a beautiful travelogue. Replete with gorgeous pictures of the various places you've been to. It is always nice to get a visitors perspective on the state that I live in.

As you rightly noticed, the state has been largely untouched by industrialisation, which is both its boon and its bane. It means that many places are still green and more in tune with nature and the simple ways of life. At the same time, the road infra structure needs a lot to be desired. For people living in the state, driving on our congested narrow roads, can be quite frustrating. The whole states arterial roads are like urban roads through out. It is difficult to find a relatively free stretch of state or national highway, unlike in other bigger states.

From a tourism point, a lot more could be done, as Kerala has amazing beaches, back waters, wild life, hill stations, plenty of culture and of course Ayurveda. Unfortunately, the state has fallen down in the rankings with regards to both domestic and international tourists. Hopefully, the apathetic authorities will look into this in the near future.

Your travelogue did really bring out the beauty of the state. The tourism department can even borrow some of your pictures and indeed the whole write up for its promotional.

Keep traveling. Cheerio.
alphadog is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2020, 22:02   #17
BHPian

Re: Hyderabad - Kanyakumari - Kerala in a Duster AWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post
A very well documented travelogue.
The pictures are lively, the narration is spot on and your Bong Duster is looking fab as-usual!
Rated 5*.

Sharing a decade old pic of one my good friend at Alleppey!
We covered 1500 km in a couple of days, covering most of Kerala in a Maruti Alto!

Attachment 1963066

Early morning at Munnar, after a sound sleep in this small hatchback! Its written 'Addicted to highways' on the front windshield! Good old days!

Attachment 1963067
Thanks a lot, Samba, it was a memorable trip indeed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayakc View Post
I haven't read the entire log but whenever I see a thread from you, I know exactly what to expect. Long, overnight drives; superb photography, exotic locations. Only that you keep extending the bar everytime. This time too, being no exception

BR,
Sayak
Thanks, Sayak, appreciate the kind words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jithin23 View Post
An amazing travelogue and you managed to cover most of South India in 10 days. Really appreciate your passion to drive long distances whenever time permits! Kerala is like a mini country itself.
Thanks Jithin, Night drive + great tarmac helps in covering long distances.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxTorque View Post
Superb travelogue with great pictures, unique storytelling and attention to detail etc. Being a non resident Keralite it is always a great joy to see familiar places from others viewpoints.

I am sure the summary will make every Keralite proud of their state. We all know Kerala has its own share of problems. But pointing positive side is always good.

Keep such quality travelogues coming.
Absolutely, Kerala is a beautiful place. The close proximity of beautiful beaches and great mountain ranges makes this place more special.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Beautiful travelogue! This is indeed a reference guide for anyone traveling across Kerala (including Malayalees). Loved the amount of detailing that has gone into every post. Thank you for sharing
Thanks, I try to share as many details as possible. Still it's not enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaBravo View Post
What a beautiful travelogue Aray !! Your travelogues are so well detailed that they can become a reference guide for anyone visiting that place. They brush our history & geography lessons too.

Coupled with some amazing photography, this TL becomes a well deserved 5-Star thread.

Keep travelling & Keep Writing

Cheers,

Pawan

Thanks PapaDa for your kind words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gops2009 View Post
Thanks for the well put Travelog Arey, the photos are a real treat!! In a couple of places you have advised tailgating , not sure I follow the logic for this , could you please elaborate?
Tailgating greatly reduces risk. It gives slightly more time to react. Consider it as a shield.
My preferred car of tailgating at mountain is the yellow board Innova. On the Highways car with more width and mostly a bigger engine than Duster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphadog View Post
That was a beautiful travelogue. Replete with gorgeous pictures of the various places you've been to. It is always nice to get a visitors perspective on the state that I live in.

As you rightly noticed, the state has been largely untouched by industrialisation, which is both its boon and its bane. It means that many places are still green and more in tune with nature and the simple ways of life. At the same time, the road infra structure needs a lot to be desired. For people living in the state, driving on our congested narrow roads, can be quite frustrating. The whole states arterial roads are like urban roads through out. It is difficult to find a relatively free stretch of state or national highway, unlike in other bigger states.

From a tourism point, a lot more could be done, as Kerala has amazing beaches, back waters, wild life, hill stations, plenty of culture and of course Ayurveda. Unfortunately, the state has fallen down in the rankings with regards to both domestic and international tourists. Hopefully, the apathetic authorities will look into this in the near future.

Your travelogue did really bring out the beauty of the state. The tourism department can even borrow some of your pictures and indeed the whole write up for its promotional.

Keep traveling. Cheerio.
Thanks , Kerala indeed is God's own Country.
ARAY is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed