Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st January 2020, 18:26   #16
BHPian

Re: Normandy in a Mini Cooper - A weekend trip

Wonderful travelogue, BlackPearl! Enjoyed reading through it. I had visited Mont Saint-Michel a few years ago and it is indeed as wonderful as your fabulous pictures!

I couldn't help but notice that your Google Maps route map started in Ealing in West London. Co-incidentally, I live in Ealing too! Will PM you, would be great to catch-up.

Cheers,
Praveen
51morris is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2020, 16:52   #17
BHPian

Stunning pictures, mate! Very crisp and solid.
SPB_drives is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2020, 17:08   #18
BHPian

Absolutely gorgeous pictures! Loved the travelogue.

Is the dog a Collie (with maybe some Australian Sheepdog mixed in)? Beautiful pets both.
digitalnirvana is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2020, 07:14   #19
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by 51morris View Post
Wonderful travelogue, BlackPearl! Enjoyed reading through it. I had visited Mont Saint-Michel a few years ago and it is indeed as wonderful as your fabulous pictures!
Thank you 51morris!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 51morris View Post
I couldn't help but notice that your Google Maps route map started in Ealing in West London. Co-incidentally, I live in Ealing too! Will PM you, would be great to catch-up.
Yes, you are spot on. Will surely catch-up sometime soon. In fact I have been planning to start a meet thread in London as quite a few bhpians stay here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPB_drives View Post
Stunning pictures, mate! Very crisp and solid.
Thank you SPB_drives!

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalnirvana View Post
Absolutely gorgeous pictures! Loved the travelogue.
Thank you digitalnirvana!

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalnirvana View Post
Is the dog a Collie (with maybe some Australian Sheepdog mixed in)? Beautiful pets both.
The dog seemed to be a mixed breed, not a proper Collie. Yes, both of us keep on talking about them and plan to back there just to see them again!
BlackPearl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2020, 10:21   #20
BHPian

When you were in Kolkata, you had made the hills of Sikkim and Darjeeling appear like your backyard. And now with you being based in London, I think you are making Europe as your new backyard

Good to see the travel spirit in you and that inspires us too and hoping to see more of Europe in your new steed in the coming days.

Best Regards,
Sayak
sayakc is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th February 2020, 16:44   #21
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
[b]
From Dieppe we started driving along the coastline through Étretat and Le Havre. The drive was beautiful. We stopped at a few tourist attractions but could not spend much time as it was quite a long drive to Mont-Saint-Michel.
BlackPearl, what is this place in the picture you posted, where there is sea in the background, and cemetry in the foreground? Am visiting Normandy this summer, so would like some references of good places to visit. Did you took the highways, A28, 29,..,whatever, or the country roads along the coast?
chaudh2s is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2020, 18:29   #22
BHPian

It's always a pleasure to read your TL sir. Amazing place in an amazing car. MC looks just perfect for such gateways. This travelogue is inspiring me to head out somewhere now, it's been really long since I was on a road trip.

Last edited by sachin_cs : 13th February 2020 at 18:29. Reason: Grammar
sachin_cs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2020, 05:02   #23
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaudh2s View Post
BlackPearl, what is this place in the picture you posted, where there is sea in the background, and cemetry in the foreground? Am visiting Normandy this summer, so would like some references of good places to visit. Did you took the highways, A28, 29,..,whatever, or the country roads along the coast?
The place is called église de Varengeville-sur-Mer. We avoided the highways as much as possible and took the country roads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachin_cs View Post
It's always a pleasure to read your TL sir. Amazing place in an amazing car. MC looks just perfect for such gateways.
Thanks a lot sachin_cs!
BlackPearl is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks