Team-BHP - Visions of a Nomad - The Joys of Small Things
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Travelogues (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/)
-   -   Visions of a Nomad - The Joys of Small Things (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/218655-visions-nomad-joys-small-things.html)

A compulsive wanderer being confined to a limited geographical area due to multiple physical issues maybe akin to keeping a tamed elephant chained close to forest range. I guess, few BHP-ians who had gone through my previous writings were aware of the multiple issues faced by me limiting my travels. Over last 2 years, some of the issues got interlinked further curtailing my trips, at times, drying me out. The saying goes “Light at the end of the tunnel”, but it has been like riding through a tunnel, with no end in sight and refusing to buy that option of ‘no light’, I started making pores in the tunnel to let some light through within confinement. I’ve learnt to observe the ‘smaller things’ around and started to appreciate how such small things gives big joys. The one-off trips undertaken now has become ‘journeys’ and wish to share such moments with fellow BHP-ians. This is not a travelogue in its structure, but a collection of thoughts/ feelings/ emotions that pass through me along with the sights I see.

Journey begins at home - View from romm @ my home, sweet home

Visions of a Nomad - The Joys of Small Things-2.png

Framed frame - A window from the remnants of British era tea-estate near Trivandrum seems to have outlived elements of nature. With a view to the unbroken Western Ghats and valleys on the opposite side, lucky were those who were behind the window on those glory-days.

Visions of a Nomad - The Joys of Small Things-1.png

Nothing like watching sunrise from the side of NH 44 near Madurai. NH 44 remains one of the most beautiful NH in my personal opinion

Visions of a Nomad - The Joys of Small Things-3.png

Morning at NH 44 - Moments close to sunrise have a theatrical feel as the lights start to play past the blue hour into the golden hour. As the blue hour fades, the palms seem to be like spectators in awe while the golden hour rays light up one of the most fascinating characters on the stage called Earth.

Visions of a Nomad - The Joys of Small Things-4.png

Never look solely at the final destination alone, for the elements that come up in the path may hold even more stories. Observe, experience.. Mist clad Western Ghats tower above the tranquil Peppara reservoir at Trivandrum. The famed Agasthya Biospere falls under this range

Visions of a Nomad - The Joys of Small Things-5.png

Memoirs of a pluviophile - sitting atop a culvert, you watch the clouds gently roll over the mountains, watch the sky change colors, feel the pure breeze caressing you, enjoy the silence being broken by the laughter of kids playing around. All the while, as you wait for the first rain-drop to hit. Rustic scene from Sundarapandiapuram near Thenkasi. Sundarapandiapuram is famed for the vast sunflower fields during July - August.

Visions of a Nomad - The Joys of Small Things-10.png

Earthy autographs on the hands those turns the wheels of life - Come mid-Juy and the vast fields of Tamil Nadu becomes active with the paddy cultivation activities. Tilling machines have replaced the conventional bullock tilling at some places. Yet, the mud remains the same

Visions of a Nomad - The Joys of Small Things-8.png

It seems an expression of Joy by Earth, asby mid-July, rain has drenched the parched fields and tilling throws up mud in all directions

Visions of a Nomad - The Joys of Small Things-9.png

From time immemorial, it was the greatest paradox - of beasts releasing all it's energy to remain free, of men wanting the beasts to release the wild energy so that men could control such unbridled energy through the need for dominance. Times have changed, but certain instincts haven't..

Visions of a Nomad - The Joys of Small Things-14.png

Panorama from NH 44 near Valliyoor (TN). The unbroken mountain range to left provides numerous photo-spots especially during sunset.

Visions of a Nomad - The Joys of Small Things-15.png

The Wait - Neither time nor age can take away the beauty of an eternal anticipation. It was in a fleeting moment that I saw this gentleman waiting there for someone. His persona was as timeless as the century old door beside him and the color of his T-shirt/ tinted glass matching the color of the door. It was an off-center shot, as I was not in ideal position to click, but a moment later, I could've missed him as he walked off.

Visions of a Nomad - The Joys of Small Things-16.png

Curiosity drives them, their hearts travel across the endless horizon, searching for answers. Journeys turns out to be the best teachers as they answer the questions through experiences. The setting sun throws golden light as Junior looks out into the wide NH that offers him glimpses of sunrise/ sunset/ people/ culture

Visions of a Nomad - The Joys of Small Things-11.png

Certain ironies can turn absorbing, like a moment when windows, instead of giving a clear view to what lies ahead, gives a stirring view of what’s behind you. At a late-evening tea-break during a drive in NH 44 near Thirunelveli, the actual sunset was about to be marred by the clouds and I was wondering how to capture it's essence, when, I found the reflection in the restaurant window in front of me. It provided a more dramatic view of what was happening behind

Visions of a Nomad - The Joys of Small Things-6.png

The scene for setting was perfect as we waited for the sunset to begin. However, nature had other ideas as huge mass of clouds floated into the mountains to obscure the setting sun. Yet, the sun refused to go down without giving us something special – In one moment, we were treated to a brilliant final glow of sun from behind the clouds. Even the sky seemed to enjoy the madness as rays criss-crossed the gaps between as if extending towards us in the backdrop of intense coloration of sky. The sun did reach across the sky to us.

Visions of a Nomad - The Joys of Small Things-7.png

Homecoming – one of the most beautiful moments is when you get back to your loved ones especially after a journey. Smiles on faces, stories to be told, experiences to be shared, tug of hearts – moments of pure joy. Ever wondered how the Sun sets on its solo journey every morning, waking up the earth in golden-hour? As the sun starts it journey, it lights up each element one-by-one in the varying light & shades. Doesn’t the earth, long for the moment when sun would get back near again? Sun does get back completing a journey, bathing earth in its peaceful orangish-yellow hues. Those hues create a grand canvas of multitude layers to etch the stories, be introspective & contemplative in the same moment.

As for a traveller, homecoming can also be the moment when he/ she reach a point that beckons repeatedly to make them recount the stories from a journey, be themselves as the waves caress gently to the shore like a lullaby from Mother. You can see yourself as that windmill – standing tall, assured, graceful, and purposeful. As the sun sets deeper, it radiates the glow inside you too.

Visions of a Nomad - The Joys of Small Things-12.png

Out of the world pictures and I am out of words to appreciate. Those hands of farmer, the animal race, that window and that old man, every single pic is intense. What’s your gear ?

I believe you made a round trip from Tiruvanandapuram to Tirunelveli and explored sundarapandiapuram.

Rated 5 stars, Keep writing.

I wish the pores of tunnel widen and release your full potential.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thermodynamics (Post 4743439)
Out of the world pictures and I am out of words to appreciate. Those hands of farmer, the animal race, that window and that old man, every single pic is intense. What’s your gear ?

I believe you made a round trip from Tiruvanandapuram to Tirunelveli and explored sundarapandiapuram.

Rated 5 stars, Keep writing.

I wish the pores of tunnel widen and release your full potential.

Thank you buddy :) The pics are from my collection over last few years. We normally have a Trivandrum - Nagercoil - Panagudi - Kalakkad - Ambasamudram - Thenkasi - Shenkottai - Thenmala - Trivandrum trip during the cultivation seasons between July - August and Novermber - December. The climate would be pretty cool with cloud cover and slight drizzle/ heavy rain and the locales would be sort of emerald. Sundarapandiapuram bloom is usually Mid July - August third week, for which we have another trip covering areas such as Mekkarai/ Sundarapandiapuram. Mekkarai is a diversion from Shenkottai - Achankoil route.

My 2 current rides at Mekkarai

Visions of a Nomad - The Joys of Small Things-17.png
Visions of a Nomad - The Joys of Small Things-18.png

Previous ride amongst the sunflower at SUndarapandiapuram

Visions of a Nomad - The Joys of Small Things-19.png

The gears used are Nikon D7500 & Nikon Z6 with Sigma 24-105mm/ Sigma 150-600 mm lenses and Fuji X-T100.

Amazing pictures Mysticeyes. This country has so much to offer with respect to sights and views, you don't have to go anywhere else in the world to get good pictures.

Most people can get pictures, but it takes a good photographer to capture the right moment. Those pictures of the farmers ploughing the field and the racing bullocks are particularly brilliant. I can only dream of such photography.

Some of the best skies I have seen for photography were in Meghalaya. You should try your hand there.

Amazing pictures - especially the one with the windmills. Are you on instagram for me to follow? Would love to see other pictures you might have clicked. Great work! :)

Your snaps prove again that its not the camera but your eyes which are capable to identify the frame and take such awesome snaps clap:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aditya (Post 4743939)
Most people can get pictures, but it takes a good photographer to capture the right moment. Those pictures of the farmers ploughing the field and the racing bullocks are particularly brilliant. I can only dream of such photography. Some of the best skies I have seen for photography were in Meghalaya. You should try your hand there.

Thank you Sir. I had a plan to visit NE this year, especially the Hornbill Fest but had to cancel it due to health issues. Mine's a peculiar case of nerve contractions at different spots that got interlinked. Hence, the long distance trips are to be avoided now and my trips are mostly within 500 KM range since I can't sit for a long time :Frustrati

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ameya_G (Post 4744424)
Amazing pictures - especially the one with the windmills. Are you on instagram for me to follow? Would love to see other pictures you might have clicked. Great work! :)

Thank you Ameya. My Insta is nomadic_skyseeker

New rays for a new day

Visions of a Nomad - The Joys of Small Things-21.png

Under the shade. Small scenes at Sundarapandiapuram sunflower field near Thenkasi

Visions of a Nomad - The Joys of Small Things-24.png

Multiple-crops..

Visions of a Nomad - The Joys of Small Things-25.png

Passion & determination - obstacles won't stand a chance. From the bull-race near Trivandrum

Visions of a Nomad - The Joys of Small Things-23.png

The mountains & windmills in NH 44 at Kavalkinar (near Kanyakumari) had always allured as sunrise & sunset points. Numerous trips made through the route left behind one wish - to have a train pass by underneath the windmill and for years and the wish remained a wish. Ticking away the time on an idle day, watching clouds roll over along with the music of incessant wind, a brief lull in the wind was enough to let the distant horn to reach us. Could it be our wish coming through? Dismissing it as probably the horn of a truck passing through the Highway further down, we continued to wish and yet again, through another brief lull in wind, the horn became more audible to confirm that it was indeed a loco-horn, as it slowly emerged from the curve -a wish granted..

Visions of a Nomad - The Joys of Small Things-26.png

It was a scene near Kavalkinar we had revisited time & again over years, but no settings were ever the same in its colors or feels. The joy of being a spectator gives a feel of having all the time in the world and also carries in some thoughts. Sometimes, it feels like a lover showering his love with gifts and here, the sun just showers/covers anything below it with myriads of colors. What if, the sun had in it’s mind these lines:

“Just when you make your way back home
I find some time to be alone
I go to see the place once more
Just like a thousand nights before
This is the place where I belong
I really love to turn you on
I've got your sound still in my ear
While your traces disappear
I climb the stage again this night
'Cause the place seems still alive
When the smoke is going down” - (Scorpions - When the smoke is going down)

Deep into the night with darkness and stillness towers over, the only sound heard would be the thrum of the windmills just like the clock ticking time for the lover to appear again at morning.

Visions of a Nomad - The Joys of Small Things-20.png

Beautiful pictures, thanks a lot for sharing! They say the beauty lies in the eye of beholder, the places sure are beautiful but your way of capturing them has enhanced their feel.

I wish you well in your exploration and from the beauty you have spotted even with your limitations to travel far, I can only quote from Anand, "Babu Moshai, zindagi badi honi chahiye, lambi nahi!":)

Brilliant photographs with equally good narration too, truly amazing, the best ones that I liked are peppara and the wheel and mud captured of the driver.

Amazing Heart, equally amazing pics - get well soon !

You are a blessed photographer too! Each picture is better than the other here, as we scroll down. What brilliant frames!

These are all surroundings of Trivandrum but in the Tamil Nadu territory. One would certainly want to visit these places, being inspired by this thread.

Marvelous. You not only discovered the joys of small things through mysticeyes but also made them transcend through the captivating photographs along with enthralling narration.

Boss, You have an eye for beauty and hats off to your photography.clap:
Really amazing pictures. For one who can spot, life provides so many beautiful things to experience and you have shown it clearly through this story.
Waiting to see more.

Brilliant snaps with wonderful titles. Couldn't resist humming "Country Roads take me Home" for few of them. Please keep clicking and posting

Wow. Mind blowing pictures coupled with beautiful narrations. Hat's off to your photography. Would love to follow you on instagram to see more of your photographs.