Team-BHP > Travelogues

Search this Thread
Old 17th February 2020, 14:43   #16
BHPian

Re: 685 km & 140 hairpins on a Suzuki Burgman 125 (Chennai - Kolli)

This really is an achievement man. Congratulations!

I can never imagine myself riding a scooter to even Pondy, forget about riding back!

I had driven twice to Kolli from Chennai, the last time was 3 years back; but I still cherish every moment of it. It's a hidden beauty, especially for Enthusiasts like us.

Those who never heard about this destination before, this image is self explanatory.
Attached Thumbnails
685 km & 140 hairpins on a Suzuki Burgman 125 (Chennai - Kolli)-kolli-road.jpg  

Last edited by vb-saan : 17th February 2020 at 20:42. Reason: Team-BHP strongly discourages mention of unsafe driving practices that put yourself and other road users at risk.
₹itzylove is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th February 2020, 08:13   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ₹itzylove View Post
This really is an achievement man. Congratulations!

I had driven twice to Kolli from Chennai, the last time was 3 years back; but I still cherish every moment of it. It's a hidden beauty, especially for Enthusiasts like us.
Thanks man! I usually go whenever I get my new ride! I've taken all my bikes here.. This was my fourth ride and this place never stopped amazing me! But compared to few years back, this place is now starting to get crowded.. On the good side the road quality and other facilities are improving
Old 18th February 2020, 14:16   #18
BHPian

Man, it is wonderful to read your log...Burgman seems to be an amazing highway scooter. I had resisted so far from getting one doubting its touring capabilities and its lack of oomph, but your thread has dispelled most of those ! Thanks a lot ! Keep riding and sharing !
venkatt1800 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2020, 09:33   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkatt1800 View Post
Man, it is wonderful to read your log...Burgman seems to be an amazing highway scooter. I had resisted so far from getting one doubting its touring capabilities and its lack of oomph, but your thread has dispelled most of those ! Thanks a lot ! Keep riding and sharing !
Thanks mate! Even I had doubts before buying..as essentially it was just access 125 Underneath.. But the main draw for me was the flexi foot position, more relaxed nature of engine ( that's what I felt), powerful LED headlamps and extra cubby space!
I'm planning for a 1000 km single day highway trip soon! Let's see how it'll pan out
IntoTheStorm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2020, 10:43   #20
KPR
BANNED

Great to see you're using Burgman for what it is famous for. Comfort while cruising! I was grinning when I sat in one of the Burgmans at a nearby showroom for the oodles of space it offers. I've recommended this to few friends who were in look out for a scooter. One of them chose this over an avenger and is extremely happy about this buy. This scooter for me is tata nano on two wheels.
KPR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th February 2020, 12:24   #21
BHPian

Nice to note that some have started doing long rides on scooters as generally people by think that they are only for Intra city rides.
I also would like to mention that me and my cousin embarked on a trip from Bangalore to Kolli hills, Namakkal and back on our classic LML scooters recently during the month of December. Would be posting the pictures and a write up on it shortly.
ARUN.V is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed