Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th March 2020, 19:43   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Journey to the only carbon negative country in the world, Bhutan

Nice travelogue.

So many people now take the Gazoldoba route. Yet not one picture of the aqueducts. Wonder why. It is not that common.

Baikunthapur - which is the forest road you are talking about?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABHI_1512 View Post

This picture is clicked for a specific reason and I don’t know how many of good people will be able to find out
Attachment 1976589
India in Bhutan!

Regards
Sutripta
Sutripta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2020, 21:16   #17
Team-BHP Support

I had moved the thread from assembly line to the travelogue section after reading it thoroughly, but I had not commented earlier. It is a very nice travelogue. Also it was good to read that my suggestions helped. Such mentions provide added motivation to pen down our experiences! Last but not the least, Bhutan is truly beautiful. I wish they don’t put too much restrictions on us.
BlackPearl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2020, 21:37   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutripta View Post
Nice travelogue.

So many people now take the Gazoldoba route. Yet not one picture of the aqueducts. Wonder why. It is not that common.

Baikunthapur - which is the forest road you are talking about?

India in Bhutan!

Regards
Sutripta
Firstly thanks for reading it through. Gazoldoba has become the default route for two reasons I guess:
1. You get to bypass the Siliguri city traffic and the usual jams near Sevoke during the day.
2. The distance also reduces great deal while going towards Dooars but taking the Phulbaari bypass becomes a pain till the flyover over the railway crossing is operational.

And regarding the aqueducts, may be crowding near the source is one of the reasons for not having a picture.

Baikunthapur Forest is just behind where the Gazoldoba tourist complex ends. But the jungle road that I am talking about starts from the other end or where the canal is first visible while coming from Phulbaari side near Simulguri. I am attaching a screenshot for better understanding.

Journey to the only carbon negative country in the world, Bhutan-3fa152633a394956bddb322796429940.jpeg
I don’t know if that’s adequate though !

Also, as correctly mentioned by you , the picture is almost an India in Bhutan
Old 8th March 2020, 12:50   #19
Senior - BHPian

^^^
Most forest roads (except those leading to forest villages) are officially closed to the public. So wanted to know which route.

Ghoshpukur - Fulbari bypasses Siliguri. Was best avoided late night because of the uncertainty of gett caught at the level crossing.

The canal road became popular when the Siliguri - Jalpaiguri road became a nightmare some years back. However Gondar More to Canal road was a narrow road with quite heavy traffic. So fell out of favour once the Siliguri - Jalpaiguri road was repaired. But now the road has been significantly improved. And is the preferred route for light vehicles between Jalpaiguri - Siliguri.

The canal is interesting. It passes over some rivers (the aqueducts). Also has a powerhouse (on the Ghoshpukur Phulbari section) which does not really function because of lack of water.

Regards
Sutripta
Sutripta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2020, 16:54   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
It is a very nice travelogue. Also it was good to read that my suggestions helped. Such mentions provide added motivation to pen down our experiences! Last but not the least, Bhutan is truly beautiful. I wish they don’t put too much restrictions on us.
Thanks BlackPearl, appreciate your good words. Have always read your travelogues with great admiration. One look at the Kizom cafe and your travelogue came up instantly in mind. And yes, Bhutan is beautiful- more so for it’s people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutripta View Post
^^^
Most forest roads (except those leading to forest villages) are officially closed to the public. So wanted to know which route.
This forest road is the one to go to Saraswatipur to enjoy nature and yes the road is open to all. Easier one to take is the road leading to the Gazoldoba tourist hub and beyond is the Saraswatipur tea estate and Baikunthapur forest.
Old 9th March 2020, 20:38   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Another eloquently written travelogue with some beautiful snaps within a span of one month!
Rated 5*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samfromindia View Post
Well you joined TeamBhp last month and this already your 2nd Travelogue !
Bengal means travelogue's.
Samba is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th March 2020, 21:00   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post
Another eloquently written travelogue with some beautiful snaps within a span of one month!
Rated 5*

Bengal means travelogue's.
Thanks for the kind words Samba, not much of writer but if it brings on seasoned travelers like you to leave some words then i must be doing something right. Regards and gratitude for the rating.
ABHI_1512 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2020, 20:29   #23
BHPian

Very nice and crisp travelogue with awesome pictures thanks a lot for sharing.
Looks like any amount of time spent in those lands doesn't seem enough to experience it, very beautiful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABHI_1512 View Post
This picture is clicked for a specific reason and I don’t know how many of good people will be able to find out
India embossed in Bhutan
Anduril is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2020, 01:04   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anduril View Post
Looks like any amount of time spent in those lands doesn't seem enough to experience it, very beautiful.

India embossed in Bhutan
Thanks much Anduril, yes the North East will never disappoint no matter how much time you spend, that part of India is really beautiful and more so for its people.
And yes, that broken part almost looked like the map of India!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks