Team-BHP > Travelogues

Search this Thread
Old 12th March 2020, 13:06   #31
BHPian

Re: Patratu Valley & Mccluskieganj : On a weekend drive to Jharkhand (from Kolkata)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmhossain View Post

Thanks a lot soumiksett. You seem to have seen lot more water in the Dassam falls. In which month did you visit Dassam falls?

I have visited Ranchi, Dassam, Chandil, Jamshedpur, Mahuliya in September 2018, all other waterfalls like Hudru, Jonha, Sita, Hirni etc were in full swing that time.

I visited Mccluskieganj during Holi 2016.
soumiksett is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2020, 21:30   #32
BHPian

Re: Patratu Valley & Mccluskieganj : On a weekend drive to Jharkhand (from Kolkata)

Here is a video of our drive through the amazing ghat road of the Patratu valley.

Patratu Valley near Ranchi, Jharkhand:
gmhossain is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th November 2020, 12:53   #33
BHPian

Crisp travelogue with great pictures.
This has been in my bucket list for quite some time. Planning to visit in during December this year. I have heard that it's not safe to drive post sunset because Naxalites are predominant is these areas. Is that true?

Can't wait to drive on those ghat roads.
suvrog is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2020, 22:10   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suvrog View Post
Crisp travelogue with great pictures.
This has been in my bucket list for quite some time. Planning to visit in during December this year. I have heard that it's not safe to drive post sunset because Naxalites are predominant is these areas. Is that true?
Thank you. I guess, it used to be a problem earlier but not now. However, if you drive post sunset then you would miss the views of the valley.

All the best for your trip.

Most Viewed