Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th March 2020, 15:28   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Journey to Simhachalam & Visakhapatnam in an Innova Crysta

Cheers! Hifivision is another story, and I think you may be aware of why I became inactive there! The update on that side of things is that my hearing is no longer good enough to spend money on hifi, but yes, I get the best experience I can with those HD800s: my last and best high-value audio buy.

And yes, although I don't get much pleasure from recorded music at home any longer, I am still a regular face among the Chennai rasikas. Not now, of course, but hoping for the best and soonest resolution of the virus troubles.

I am not a long-distance driver. If I did head for Visag it would be in two hops. I'd have to pick an overnight stop. Even when much younger, and used to driving between London and Cornwall, I would sometimes overnight with a West-London friend. It saved a whole hour of crossing the city just to reach the point where I felt the journey began
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th March 2020, 18:33   #17
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)
Re: Day 5 / 27th Jan - Vizag to Bhubaneshwar (Return Journey)

Very nice travelogue, and nice photos. Especially liked how you were extra cautious about the comfort and safety of the young and old travellers in the travel group. That's why I am surprised by the two photos which follow this comment :

Quote:
Originally Posted by haisaikat View Post

At around 4 pm we came at the same Chilka Lake View Point and frankly the view from this side of NH-16 was so much better that we were compelled to halt to feel the breadth of the scene.
The first of the two photos show that you halted the car in the rightmost lane out of the two lanes. The second photo of your wife and kid standing next to the passenger door, sent chills down my spine.

First of all, did I understand the photo correctly ? If yes, it was a very dangerous way to stop for clicking pics. Please do not repeat this mistake, ever. Always park on the leftmost shoulder. Even if no shoulder is there, and still you need to stop, keep as much less of the vehicle jutting into the leftmost lane, with blinkers on. Keep the stop brief. Results of truckers parking the way you did, is an almost daily post in the "accidents in india" thread in our forum.

If I understood the photo wrong, my apologies.
venkyhere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2020, 23:11   #18
BHPian

You would have certainly loved the vibe of "City of the Destiny" to have come back from 1000km for yet another trip.

Beautiful pictures.

Next time, you visit the city, do make a point to visit 2000 year old Buddhist Complex of https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thotlakonda and Stupa of https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bavikonda , which are just a couple of kilometres far from Rushikonda Beach.

Sadly, the tourism department doesn't offer much to attract visitors , but the place is breathtakingly beautiful , with sufficient dose of historical importance.
poised2drive is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2020, 02:35   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by poised2drive View Post
Next time, you visit the city, do make a point to visit 2000 year old Buddhist Complex of https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thotlakonda and Stupa of https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bavikonda , which are just a couple of kilometres far from Rushikonda Beach.

Sadly, the tourism department doesn't offer much to attract visitors , but the place is breathtakingly beautiful , with sufficient dose of historical importance.
Thank You and I completely agree with you, its the optimal mix of history, scenery and modernization. I did visit Thotlakonda during my trip back in 2011 but will keep in mind Bavikonda the next time we visit, thanks for the suggestion. Here is one picture from the 2011 trip.

Journey to Simhachalam & Visakhapatnam in an Innova Crysta-18122011308.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkyhere View Post
If I understood the photo wrong, my apologies.
Thank you sir, I give you the credit of deciphering this correctly, and your concern is valid. In a 1800 KM round trip I considered this indulgence within ignorance. Next time would be more careful for certain.

Last edited by haisaikat : 23rd March 2020 at 02:38.
haisaikat is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks