Team-BHP > Travelogues

Search this Thread
Old 15th March 2020, 11:05   #31
BHPian

Re: Why should boys have all the fun? A road-trip with 5 lifelong friends

Amazing to see all of you take time out for an adventure like this. I am sure this will inspire many. Thanks for sharing.
nvldvr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2020, 10:05   #32
BHPian

Ganapathy Sir,

You just made my morning. Awesome write-up and special mention to your enthusiasm (and somewhat close to millennial thoughts) and friendship. You are among the few oldage guys who are always enthusiastic about leaving life to the fullest and making each moment count. Even my father at the age of 67 hasn't lost any of his enthusiasm to drive our car (Hyundai i10) the same way he used to drive his age old BAJAJ SUPER EXCEL scooter (which ultimately got stolen!). Kudos to your attraction towards SUVs!
Paavan Shetty is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2020, 23:33   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by majumon View Post
Sir you are a true inspiration. Very well written travelogue , went through every bit and enjoyed it thoroughly. Wishing you pull on more such trips probably every six months you must re group.

Absolutely agree about the comfort and fun we can have with our childhood friends. Am truly blessed to be living with most of them even now.
Thank you "majumon" for your kind words and kind wishes. You are indeed blessed for being able to live with your friends. I do hope my friends and I continue to travel together for as long as we can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by laser2707 View Post
Thanks for sharing such a heartwarming story of friendship & travel. Childhood friends are truly special & you have captured the magic of this friendship.

After reading your travelogue, I realized while I joined Team-BHP for a shared love of Automobiles, it is the travelogues I am especially drawn to. Through the eyes of TBHPians, I have come to know of unspoiled & pristine locations all across India. I tell myself someday I will visit them, then along comes a post like yours which tells me the time to visit is now. So thanks for waking me up.

I look forward to your future travelogues & that of TBHPians.
Thank you" laser" for your appreciation. Glad to kow that you liked my travelogue. you are absolutely right - the time is now . Take care and wishing you many happy trips

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-2 View Post
Thank you sir for a lovely read!! In the midst of everything that's happening world over, was a nice change to read something so fresh and inspiring!
Thanks G-2 for your appreciation. I am grateful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhukriss View Post
Man o man, what a travelogue. More than the destination, it was the journey and the choice of phrases that floored me. Kudos to you and your mates for making this trip and, in turn, giving us a glimpse of how friendship can be fulfilled. You have made clear, both in words and pictures, that age is just a number !!

have fun, live life and keep traveling.
Thanks "madhukriss" for your kind appreciation and support. I am indeed lucky to have such friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtox View Post
This brought a smile on to my face today. There is no better feeling than being on a road trip with your closest buddies from childhood. It was such a joy seeing all those happy faces in the pics.

Cheers and much love to the gang. Let the good times keep rolling in !

Regards.
Thank "dtox". Glad to hear that you enjoyed the travelogue. Am gateful for your kind words and wishes

Quote:
Originally Posted by pd_scorpio View Post
Just a simple sentence....

An Awesome travelogue....!!!!
Thanks "pd_scorpio"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeeTee TSI View Post
Inspirational. Loved the wry humour!
The style is reminiscent of Mr Mathrubootham in 'Letters from a Concerned Reader'
Thanks "GeeTee"
Ganapathy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2020, 11:45   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphadog View Post
Ganapathy Sir,

That was a fantastic travelogue packed with a lot of emotion. Although it is difficult to coordinate, there is nothing as satisfying as traveling with old college or school friends. This is one group where we can be our silly selves, without having to keep up appearances.

With regards to traveling,having fun and enjoying the simple pleasures of life, it is never too late to enjoy it. Hope you continue your travels and share the journeys with us.
I love your style of narration as well. So thank you once more and keep it coming.

Cheerio!
Thanks Doc for your kind words . Please do make more time for your self and do travel with friends and family. I agree that in your profession, its easier said than done. Take care and God Bless

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil_grin View Post
Thank you so much Ganapathy, for this fabulous part memoir, part travelogue. It felt like a family friend was telling me a story.

Spending time with friends is one of the best ways to make yourself happier. After starting your family, extra effort needs to be made to make this happen. Effort that's well worth it.

The following passages made my day.
Thanks evil_grin for your words of appreciation . Am grateful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viswam View Post
Fortunate to have been a part of this historic journey of the "Famous Five" gang, now made famous thanks to the wonderful pennings of our dear friend Ganpa, who had chiseled so much passion and emotion into his words.

Thanks guys!! And thanks Ganpa!!
Thanks Vicha for all the support. Looking forward to many such trips with the Gang.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smrtdvl View Post
Sir a fantastic thread indeed. Have shared it with my 5 close friends with a caption "Reminds me of us" We usually go on a road trip every 3 years for the past 20 yrs or so and hoping to do that for ever just like the way you have done. I 200% agree to that nickname part as we still address the way we used to do in college 23 yrs ago whenever we speak.

Thanks for sharing!
Thanks smrtdvl for your kind words. Great to hear that you guys manage to travel together regularly. Keep it up and take care

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmhossain View Post
It's a brilliant one. I hope, we can grasp the true meaning of the wisdom that you have shared with us. As you have conveyed, it is easy to "know" a lesson but comprehending it within ourselves is often the key step.

I hope you will continue with your adventures and share some of those beautiful moments with us.

Thanks,
Thanks gmhossain for your words of appreciation. Take care.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay_ritz View Post
What a wonderful post Ganapathy sir. Thank you for sharing such a wonderful experience with us. Loved the font you used in the pictures for the text. It's crisp and artistic. I always tell myself that the real friends are those who know you since childhood because then you did not wear a mask of social acceptance. You were friends for no reason and that was so beautiful. Most friendships as you grow up tend to be around mutual convince and social status. They fade away as you age and the old friends shine like forgotten diamonds in the rough.
Thanks akshay for your note of appreciation. Love your last bit comparing old friends to daimonds. Take care.
Old 19th March 2020, 11:22   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvldvr View Post
Amazing to see all of you take time out for an adventure like this. I am sure this will inspire many. Thanks for sharing.
Thanks nvldvr for your kind words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paavan Shetty View Post
Ganapathy Sir,

You just made my morning. Awesome write-up and special mention to your enthusiasm (and somewhat close to millennial thoughts) and friendship. You are among the few oldage guys who are always enthusiastic about leaving life to the fullest and making each moment count. Even my father at the age of 67 hasn't lost any of his enthusiasm to drive our car (Hyundai i10) the same way he used to drive his age old BAJAJ SUPER EXCEL scooter (which ultimately got stolen!). Kudos to your attraction towards SUVs!
Thanks Pavan Shetty for your words of appreciation. i am really inspired to hear that your father at 67 still enjoys driving. Sorry to hear about the Bajaj Scooter. it was truly an iconic symbol of our days. Take care.

Most Viewed