Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th March 2020, 00:16   #16
BHPian

Re: The Road Trip across Jordan

The Royal Automobile Museum in Amman is also good. Will post some pics soon. Specially the 'mars rover' stationed there
It is said that the Israeli side of Dead Sea is much better compared to the Jordanian side. Passing from Jordan to Israel to visit the Old City in Jerusalem is what seasoned tourists do there. The cities of Ajloun and As-Salt are also not to be missed, As-Salt especially for non vegetarian foodies. For vegetarians there is just Hummus and Falafel and Khubz throughout Jordan. Staying in Wadi Rum atleast overnight and watching the night sky is a once in a lifetime experience. One would be amazed how many hollywood or for that matter bollywood movies have been shot there. Wadi Al Mujib has a fantastic stream trek towards a waterfall, blessing for waterproof GoPro owners and adventure lovers. I can just go on doing bla bla bla regarding Jordan and its treasure tourist places and still be left with more. There were a lot of deaths in Dead Sea area due to cloud bursts in 2018-19 which were mourned by Jordan, therefore, it goes without saying that one must be extra careful in Jordan when it comes to weather. It has very good summers, but a lot of rain and snowfall also see depending on the time of the year. Jordanians are usually very welcoming and extremely helpful and one would be amazed with their sense of hospitality. Unlike other middle eastern parts, Jordan is indeed a haven for tourists with peaceful and professional atmosphere around.

Thanks for the fantastic pics you have uploaded, cherish able memories indeed!
Old 29th March 2020, 00:19   #17
BHPian

A serious advice to people visiting Jordan, refrain from uttering 'Israel' in any sense anywhwre in Jordan. The general populace in Jordan is almost 50% Palestinian, they mind it. What we know as Israel is Palestine for the locals.
Fuldagap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2020, 15:58   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuldagap View Post
The Royal Automobile Museum in Amman is also good. Will post some pics soon. Specially the 'mars rover' stationed there
It is said that the Israeli side of Dead Sea is much better compared to the Jordanian side. Passing from Jordan to Israel to visit the Old City in Jerusalem is what seasoned tourists do there. The cities of Ajloun and As-Salt are also not to be missed, As-Salt especially for non vegetarian foodies. For vegetarians there is just Hummus and Falafel and Khubz throughout Jordan. Staying in Wadi Rum atleast overnight and watching the night sky is a once in a lifetime experience. One would be amazed how many hollywood or for that matter bollywood movies have been shot there. Wadi Al Mujib has a fantastic stream trek towards a waterfall, blessing for waterproof GoPro owners and adventure lovers. I can just go on doing bla bla bla regarding Jordan and its treasure tourist places and still be left with more. There were a lot of deaths in Dead Sea area due to cloud bursts in 2018-19 which were mourned by Jordan, therefore, it goes without saying that one must be extra careful in Jordan when it comes to weather. It has very good summers, but a lot of rain and snowfall also see depending on the time of the year. Jordanians are usually very welcoming and extremely helpful and one would be amazed with their sense of hospitality. Unlike other middle eastern parts, Jordan is indeed a haven for tourists with peaceful and professional atmosphere around.

Thanks for the fantastic pics you have uploaded, cherish able memories indeed!
Jordan had many things to offer, but we had only 7 days.

I scouted many things to be done in Jordan, one was visiting Dana Biosphere reserve to traversing the Wadi Al Mujib.

Wadi Al Mujib is closed in winters due to occurrence of flash floods while hiking Dana Biosphere was good idea, but coming back to where our car is parked was expensive after the hike.

We also didn't traverse the Kings Highway and visit the Kerak castle.

It looks like you have also visited Jordan. When and did you stay over there for a long time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuldagap View Post
A serious advice to people visiting Jordan, refrain from uttering 'Israel' in any sense anywhwre in Jordan. The general populace in Jordan is almost 50% Palestinian, they mind it. What we know as Israel is Palestine for the locals.
Yup, written in observations. The Jordanian king also fought with Palestine liberation army(PLA) some 30-40 years back though.

I feel for the Jordanians employed in tourism sector as March-April are the peak season and all the sites will be empty due to CoVid-19 virus.

Last edited by rst89 : 29th March 2020 at 15:59. Reason: Sentences
rst89 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st April 2020, 09:51   #19
BHPian

That was a beautiful travelogue and thank you for sharing it.

It was made all the more special, as it was a road trip. Looks like you guys managed to squeeze out every bit of the experience, covering all parts of the country.
I am amazed at the number of Roman archeological sites and structures in Jordan. This is something knew that I have learnt.

Keep traveling and sharing.

Cheerio!
alphadog is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2020, 12:18   #20
BHPian

Thanks for sharing. Amazing travelogue . Rated 5 Star.
I was not aware that Jordan has so many beautiful places to visit. I added Jordan to my bucket list.
VaibhaoT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2020, 16:03   #21
BHPian

Thank you for writing this brilliant travelogue. Jordan is a beautiful country, a symbol of stability in a turbulent middle east. I always wanted to go there one day, and you have fueled my thoughts .
Night_Fury is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2020, 09:16   #22
BHPian

Hi rst89! What a coincidence! I just published my Jordan travelogue this morning! Jordan is mesmerizing and i covered maximum places I could in my 5 days trip. I missed out Aqaba and other sites. Good that you did this trip in February. I did mine in July-August! It was sweltering hot! Great job and good report! Do read mine when you get time.
sairamboko is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks