Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th April 2020, 14:52   #16
BHPian

Re: Birds of Himalayas - Sattal and Kedarnath Wildlife Sanctuary

Stunning pictures and i Love birds.

I hope you don't mind if i take cue from couple of pictures for my water color painting. If it comes out OK, i will share those here.

swami
swami69 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2020, 15:27   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
Beautiful pictures C300, absolutely pro level! Thanks for sharing.
Thanks BlackPearl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy_libran View Post
Thanks for sharing these, and all excellent pics. Undoubtedly worth mentioning that all these photos and sightings cannot be the product of just one trip.
Most of these are from different locations and across different seasons. You can also perhaps add the locations and season for each of these birds to help other members get an idea of the labours involved.
By the way, are the waders and raptors still to come?
Thanks roy_libran. All the photos are from a week long trip to Sattal and Kedarnath Wildlife Sanctuary last month. It was a dedicated Birding expedition so we avoided other sightseeing activity. Unfortunately not many waders in this part of Himalayas. I am still going through bird and mammal photos. Will share it shortly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by turboNath View Post
What an amazing thread , C300 !

My personal favourites from your collection have to be -

1)Koklass Pheasant
2)Pink Browed Rosefinch
3)Chukar Partridge

I loved your earlier thread 'Birds of Old Magazine House - Ganeshgudi, Dandeli' but this one just takes the pictures to a whole new level !
Many thanks turboNath.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liverpool View Post
Mind blowing content. Pictures are of National Geographic level. Sharpness is absolute spot on. Please keep them coming. What camera body and lens don you use? Did you use a flash and a diffuser? Just curious to know about the gear in use. Keep birding it’s the best way to be close to nature and a great stress buster.
Thanks Liverpool. Most of the photos from Canon 7dII with Tamron 150-600G2. Used Pentax KP + 300mm F4 for few low light shots.
C300 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th April 2020, 16:29   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by majumon View Post
Very happy so see such rare collections, keep watching and clicking. How did you manage to click such small birds with so much of clarity, must be carrying a real heavy gear I guess. Or can you use the digiscope to capture the images or that is only for viewing.
Thanks mate. IMO patience is the key for Bird/wildlife photography. Also, equipment definitely plays its part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatsby_great View Post
Excellent pictures. Clearly a great deal of skill, effort as well as patience are involved behind this work. Would love to see more.
I lost most of the bird images from my Valley of flowers trek but gradually re-collected some of them. It's such a paradise for birds. Hope to visit again.
Please keep up the good work.
Thanks gatsby. Will share few more pics. Its really a heaven for bird watchers. Need multiple visits in different seasons to capture the beauty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ais View Post
Excellent pictures, that too with identification and information about each bird. What a beautiful world we live in!

I have no knowledge about Himalyan birds. Could you kindly identify this bird I clicked near Mcleodganj? Picture was clicked with a mobile phone camera, so couldn't be sharper than this.
Thanks a lot. Yes, its Verditer Flycatcher. We couldn't sight it during our stay. Something for the next trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by i20ian View Post
Wonderful photos. Sattal has always been in my bucket list for a long time. Could you please share some accommodation details for birding purpose.
Thanks i20ian. There are limited accommodation option at Sattal. Better to go through a local Guide who will take care of the accommodation. Ours was arranged by Rohit @ www.himalayabirdingtour.com/

Quote:
Originally Posted by srikrishna717 View Post
Amazing birds and outstanding photography.
Please share the equipment details as well. Safe to assume you had a 600mm lens?

Thanks a lot for sharing these
Thanks srikrishna. Equipment details shared in earlier post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swami69 View Post
Stunning pictures and i Love birds.

I hope you don't mind if i take cue from couple of pictures for my water color painting. If it comes out OK, i will share those here.

swami
Thats great Swami. Absolutely no issues. Do share your pics here.
C300 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2020, 17:24   #19
BHPian

Thanks, Liverpool. Most of the photos from Canon 7dII with Tamron 150-600G2. Used Pentax KP + 300mm F4 for few low light shots.[/quote]

Nice. I too like birding. but due to the hectic travel schedule, I don't get much time. Keep birding keep posting amazing pictures Cheers.
Liverpool is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2020, 17:37   #20
BHPian

Sharing more pics..starting with the Laughingthrushes..

White-crested laughingthrush..

Birds of Himalayas - Sattal and Kedarnath Wildlife Sanctuary-whitecrested-laughingthrush12.jpg

a closer look at that beautiful white crest

Birds of Himalayas - Sattal and Kedarnath Wildlife Sanctuary-white-crested-laughingthrush.jpg

White-throated laughingthrush...a common sight in Himalayas

Birds of Himalayas - Sattal and Kedarnath Wildlife Sanctuary-white-throated.jpg

Streaked laughingthrush..another commoner

Birds of Himalayas - Sattal and Kedarnath Wildlife Sanctuary-streaked-laughing-thrush12.jpg

Straited Laughingthrush

Birds of Himalayas - Sattal and Kedarnath Wildlife Sanctuary-striated-laughingthrush1.jpg

Blue whistling thrush..the singing bird

Birds of Himalayas - Sattal and Kedarnath Wildlife Sanctuary-blue-whistling-thrush2.jpg

Birds of Himalayas - Sattal and Kedarnath Wildlife Sanctuary-blue-whistling-thrush1.jpg

Chestnut-crowned laughingthrush

Birds of Himalayas - Sattal and Kedarnath Wildlife Sanctuary-chestnut-headed-laughingthrush.jpg

The Great Barbet... colourful bath sequence of 3 images

Getting ready..

Birds of Himalayas - Sattal and Kedarnath Wildlife Sanctuary-great-barbet1.jpg

Feeling good in water..

Birds of Himalayas - Sattal and Kedarnath Wildlife Sanctuary-great-barbet2.jpg

Can i get a Towel pls?

Birds of Himalayas - Sattal and Kedarnath Wildlife Sanctuary-great-barbet3.jpg

A Blue-throated Barbet

Birds of Himalayas - Sattal and Kedarnath Wildlife Sanctuary-bluethroated-barbet.jpg
C300 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th April 2020, 22:26   #21
BHPian

Sharing few last pics from the trip

Grey-winged Blackbird Male and Female

Birds of Himalayas - Sattal and Kedarnath Wildlife Sanctuary-greywinged-blackbird1.jpg

Birds of Himalayas - Sattal and Kedarnath Wildlife Sanctuary-grey-winged-blackbird3.jpg

a colourful Rufous Sibia

Birds of Himalayas - Sattal and Kedarnath Wildlife Sanctuary-rufous-sibia1.jpg

Two Scimitar Babblers... This is Rusty-cheeked Scimitar Babbler

Birds of Himalayas - Sattal and Kedarnath Wildlife Sanctuary-rustycheeked-scimitar-babbler.jpg

and this one White-browed Scimitar Babbler

Birds of Himalayas - Sattal and Kedarnath Wildlife Sanctuary-whitebrowed-scimitar-babbller.jpg

A Turtle Dove

Birds of Himalayas - Sattal and Kedarnath Wildlife Sanctuary-turtle-dove2.jpg

Yellow-breasted Green Finch..

Birds of Himalayas - Sattal and Kedarnath Wildlife Sanctuary-yellow-breasted-green-finch.jpg

Beautiful Blue-winged Siva

Birds of Himalayas - Sattal and Kedarnath Wildlife Sanctuary-bluewinged-siva.jpg

Brown Dipper...always near the water stream to take a Dip

Birds of Himalayas - Sattal and Kedarnath Wildlife Sanctuary-brown-dipper1.jpg

Chestnut-bellied Nuthatch

Birds of Himalayas - Sattal and Kedarnath Wildlife Sanctuary-chestnut-bellied-nuthatch1.jpg

Birds of Himalayas - Sattal and Kedarnath Wildlife Sanctuary-chestnut-bellied-nuthatch3.jpg

Golden Bush Robin..24k Gold..

Birds of Himalayas - Sattal and Kedarnath Wildlife Sanctuary-golden-bush-robin.jpg

Great Tit

Birds of Himalayas - Sattal and Kedarnath Wildlife Sanctuary-great-tit1.jpg

and Himalayan Black-lored Tit

Birds of Himalayas - Sattal and Kedarnath Wildlife Sanctuary-himalayan-black-lored-tit.jpg

A Grey-breasted Prinia

Birds of Himalayas - Sattal and Kedarnath Wildlife Sanctuary-grey-breasted-prinia.jpg

Grey Bushchat female

Birds of Himalayas - Sattal and Kedarnath Wildlife Sanctuary-grey-bushchat-female.jpg

Grey-hooded Warbler

Birds of Himalayas - Sattal and Kedarnath Wildlife Sanctuary-grey-hooded-warbler.jpg

and Black-chinned Babbler

Birds of Himalayas - Sattal and Kedarnath Wildlife Sanctuary-black-chinned-babbler2.jpg

Birds of Himalayas - Sattal and Kedarnath Wildlife Sanctuary-black-chinned-babbler3.jpg

Black-headed Jay with lovely white beard

Birds of Himalayas - Sattal and Kedarnath Wildlife Sanctuary-black-headed-jay1.jpg

Plumbeous Water Redstart female looking over the plastic garbage choking her river

Birds of Himalayas - Sattal and Kedarnath Wildlife Sanctuary-plumbious-water-redstart-female.jpg
C300 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th April 2020, 22:39   #22
BHPian

Few mammal pics to end the thread

Golden Jackal checking the traffic... a rare sight..

Birds of Himalayas - Sattal and Kedarnath Wildlife Sanctuary-golden-jackal.jpg

Himalayan Tahr male and female

Birds of Himalayas - Sattal and Kedarnath Wildlife Sanctuary-himalayan-tahr1.jpg

Some monkey business... habitat shot at high altitude forest

Birds of Himalayas - Sattal and Kedarnath Wildlife Sanctuary-745a6114.jpg

and in the Mustard field

Birds of Himalayas - Sattal and Kedarnath Wildlife Sanctuary-123400000183.jpg

A distant shot of Yellow-throated marten on the snow... another rare sighting.

Birds of Himalayas - Sattal and Kedarnath Wildlife Sanctuary-yellow-throated-marten1.jpg
C300 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th June 2020, 16:52   #23

Great Pictures man. Absolutely stunning. Which camera and lens??

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks