Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th May 2020, 14:51   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Weekend in Nice and Monaco

Excellent travelogue, thanks for sharing. Brings back many memories.

For many years I used to visit Nice once a year for the Mobile World Congress. In those days it was still called GSM World congress or something like that.

I usually went a few days early, during the weekend to enjoy the city. I always liked Nice, there is something very special about these coastal towns. Easy going, lots to see and do and great food.

I have visited Monaco a few times. But I would rate Nice much more attractive.

The attractiveness of these sort of town is best enjoyed outdoors, walking the many streets and little alleyways, sitting on terraces, strolling the boulevard. Which means the weather is important. It can get surprisingly cold in the winter months and everything shuts down.

Jeroen

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 8th May 2020 at 02:48. Reason: Word > World.
Jeroen is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 8th May 2020, 01:03   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Food, Architecture, French Riviera, and some glorious pictures. Monaco and Ayrton Senna hold a special place in my heart. Thanks for the log, brings back memories of the glorious years. Would love to try the sea urchins someday. As a person who always drives for the holidays at the cost of some relaxed train or air travel, I can perfectly understand what you said. But this is also true as Samba said that you tend to click better pictures when the keys are not in your hand for the drive

Regards.
ABHI_1512 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th May 2020, 13:28   #18
BHPian

Awesome travelogue!
Monaco! Those pictures doesn't look unfamiliar at all. Those shots were so nice that some seem like screenshots out of a movie, or a race! Thanks for them!
Nice really seems Nice! Ah, the European towns and cities!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
I have a confession to make. I never realised that one can have fun without driving. This time I could spend so much time clicking pictures and I really enjoyed it. I did not miss driving, apart from the lovely Nice to Monaco trip. It has been a learning experience, albeit a little late in life. But as the saying goes, there is no age for learning!
I like to click landscapes AND driving. But I think we cannot do them both simultaneously - photography and 'enjoying' driving. Clicking a picturesque location is one thing and driving though one is a completely different thing! A good dashcam may compensate a little, but thats a compromise!
Mr.Bentley is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2020, 16:46   #19
Team-BHP Support

Lovely Travelogue BlackPearl - always enjoy reading your write-ups! Beautiful pictures!
aah78 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2020, 20:18   #20
BHPian

Yet another very enjoyable log. Loved the opening video clip. It was nice to see the Scorpio (Goa) in Nice. The places and photos are exemplary and very crisp narrative as well. Thanks for sharing!
mi2n is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2020, 16:51   #21
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbowhistle View Post
Thank you for sharing, I know what to expect now
Thank you turbowhistle! Hope you can go there in 2021.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirvanaguy19 View Post
Even though I was driving a lowly Ford SUV, it was an unforgettable experience.
Thank you nirvanaguy19! At least you drove on that lovely route, a lowly SUV or not. I was in a bus and was the only time I missed driving in that trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post
You might have missed driving in this trip, but the pics you have clicked are really amazing.
Thank you Samba!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post
Would like to hear from you on this, whether you feel the same or not?
You are much more experienced than me in this respect. On other trips where I have not taken my car, I have been so unhappy that I have not clicked pictures as well . So it will take me a few more trips to come to a conclusion on this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Did you try the old town on the hill on the way to Monaco. (The perfume factory at Eze?) Another location that gives a brilliant view of Cote D'Azure.

Brilliant Log as always.
Thank you ampere! No we did not visit the old town on the way to Monaco. Will surely do if we go back again. Thanks for the suggestion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thermodynamics View Post
How is life in Monaco. I have read, there is no income tax, one of the highest per capita GDP, lowest unemployment, lowest poverty rate etc.,
Thank you Thermodynamics! Whatever I have read about Monaco points to what you have mentioned. But since we spent just an afternoon there, it is very difficult to understand the way of life. One thing for sure is that it is an expensive place!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeroen View Post
Excellent travelogue, thanks for sharing. Brings back many memories.
Thank you Jeroen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeroen View Post
I have visited Monaco a few times. But I would rate Nice much more attractive.
I will absolutely agree with you on this. Monaco looks like a perfect place, too good to be true. Nice, on the other hand, looks a lot more real.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABHI_1512 View Post
But this is also true as Samba said that you tend to click better pictures when the keys are not in your hand for the drive
Thank you ABHI_1512!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Bentley View Post
Awesome travelogue!
Monaco! Those pictures doesn't look unfamiliar at all. Those shots were so nice that some seem like screenshots out of a movie, or a race! Thanks for them!
Thank you Mr.Bentley!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aah78 View Post
Lovely Travelogue BlackPearl - always enjoy reading your write-ups! Beautiful pictures!
Thank you aah78!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mi2n View Post
Yet another very enjoyable log. Loved the opening video clip. It was nice to see the Scorpio (Goa) in Nice.
Thank you mi2n! Yes I was pleasantly surprised to see the Scorpio. We were already quite late to see the Russian church and I had stopped for a few minutes to check the Scorpio. Others were getting irritated seeing me jumping around a vehicle that they have seen so many times in India

Posting a few pictures of the cars that I clicked in Monaco.

Weekend in Nice and Monaco-img_0962.jpg

Weekend in Nice and Monaco-img_1040.jpg

Weekend in Nice and Monaco-img_1062.jpg
BlackPearl is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks