Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th May 2020, 12:05   #46
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Motorcycling to Western Arunachal - Tawang and beyond

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABHI_1512 View Post
Whenever you decide to visit any part of Arunachal Pradesh, PM your queries and I will be happy to help with whatever little knowledge I have with the place. The eastern part of Arunachal Pradesh is now more accessible because of better road connectivity. Anini is a place where we used to see snow capped mountains almost all round the year and that too from Pasighat. The winds almost carried us to school in the mornings, it was that windy in Pasighat. Over the years, the places like Anini, Dibang, Dambuk, Menchuka have come up on the radar due to their pristine and untouched nature.

Regards.
Many thanks for your kind words ABHI_1512. I really hope to visit the other parts of the state in the near future. I will surely ping you when I plan my next trip to Arunachal Pradesh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashokabs View Post
Wonderful travelogue with pictures that give a good feeling of the adventure of the ride and the beauty of the rugged terrain.
Thank You. Western Arunachal indeed is beautiful and rugged, any trip to this corner of India promises a lot of adventure.
//M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2020, 17:53   #47
BHPian

Wow! what a beautiful travelogue. Shared with my friends hope this will coax them into our own Arunachal adventure. Absolutely amazing pics and your post on Jaswant Garh was incredible, very vivid. And Himalayan will be my choice of the ride too, have to come to appreciate it a lot, only if it got that 650! Thanks for sharing, rated a very well deserved 5 stars!
mh09ad5578 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2020, 19:02   #48
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mh09ad5578 View Post
Wow! what a beautiful travelogue. Shared with my friends hope this will coax them into our own Arunachal adventure. Absolutely amazing pics and your post on Jaswant Garh was incredible, very vivid. And Himalayan will be my choice of the ride too, have to come to appreciate it a lot, only if it got that 650! Thanks for sharing, rated a very well deserved 5 stars!
Arunachal is definitely a must-do as it promises plenty of adventures for bikers. I am sure motorcyclists would love exploring off-beat places specially on adventure-tourers, which are tailor-made for such terrain.

Himalayan 650 still seems far away but apart from the highway run till the foothills, the Himalayan fared pretty well in the hills. It is only the highway rides where it felt that the engine is getting strained once you hit triple-digit speeds. Do check if you get a 390 Adv or a Versys X-300 rental motorcycle during your travel period, or maybe something much bigger.
//M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2023, 10:35   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABHI_1512 View Post
Whenever you decide to visit any part of Arunachal Pradesh, PM your queries and I will be happy to help with whatever little knowledge I have with the place. The eastern part of Arunachal Pradesh is now more accessible because of better road connectivity. Anini is a place where we used to see snow capped mountains almost all round the year and that too from Pasighat. The winds almost carried us to school in the mornings, it was that windy in Pasighat. Over the years, the places like Anini, Dibang, Dambuk, Menchuka have come up on the radar due to their pristine and untouched nature.

Regards.
Hi Abhi - Myself and a few of my friends are embarking on Arunachal Pradesh trip. Would love to have some guidance from your experience I'm not able to PM you. Is there a way that I can reach out to you? Thanks in advance.
Old 5th October 2023, 00:49   #50
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adv_tourer View Post
Hi Abhi - Myself and a few of my friends are embarking on Arunachal Pradesh trip. Would love to have some guidance from your experience I'm not able to PM you. Is there a way that I can reach out to you? Thanks in advance.
Your PM option is not yet active and that’s why even I can’t message you. If your queries are on the Tawang sector then there are ample number of travelogues from which one can deduce any kind of information. My last year Tawang visit is chronicled in the following thread. You can have a look, conditions are more or less same this year.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/trave...more-food.html (Tawang & Kaziranga Redux | Cars, Friends, Food and some more food)

If you have any specific queries, you can post the same in the thread only and I will try to answer to the best of my knowledge. I would have PM’ed you my number but for your status !!
ABHI_1512 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks