Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th May 2020, 12:08   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Photoblog: Calcutta to Ita Fort and Tawang

Wow brilliant pics ABHI_1512. The North East has always been on my radar and mom wanted to visit all the states there this year end. But I dont think that will happen anytime soon thanks to the pandemic . Can't wait to go there after looking at your pics.
ChiragM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2020, 14:54   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordlover88 View Post
Awesome travelogue dada. The pictures are droolworthy indeed. Thanks a lot for sharing. More such travelogues are required to keep our spirits high during this lockdown. Rated it deserved 5*. What headlights are you using? The night drive pictures on SH7 shows illumination is very good compared to Ecosport standards.
Thanks much Fordlover88, pictures are a great stress reliever indeed in these lockdown days. As far as headlights go, they are the stock ones only. I was using high beams plus the fog lamps so may be for that reason the illumination appears brighter.

Regards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post
Just one complaint from an otherwise brilliant travelogue!
I was expecting at-least one pic of Baahon from the Bumla, Sangetsar lake drive. Baahon surely will be among the very few Ecosport's which have scaled Bumla! It certainly deserves a pic over there!
Thanks a lot Samba, your complaint is as genuine as my predicament due to the AMS emergency at Bumla. The situation robbed me of the chance to click Baahon at Bumla but I promise you to come back with a picture very soon. I don’t know about other Ecosport’s but I was petrified of a sidewall rupture while traversing the road to Bumla and Shangetsar lake. Underbody was hit twice as well and the firm suspension made us jump inside the car but it was an experience in itself. The road I heard has improved ever since somewhat and I can’t wait to hit the same road again to see Zemithang as well.
Your Duster looks ravishing as always, the parking area at Bumla has undergone changes it seems. It was not barricaded earlier but the stripes make the car stand out more.

Regards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiragM View Post
Wow brilliant pics ABHI_1512. The North East has always been on my radar and mom wanted to visit all the states there this year end. But I dont think that will happen anytime soon thanks to the pandemic . Can't wait to go there after looking at your pics.
Many thanks ChiragM, the north east is beautiful. Having spent so many years in the north east, I can say that you must visit and see the beauty before the perils of development takes over the raw nature.

Regards.

Last edited by ABHI_1512 : 11th May 2020 at 14:59.
ABHI_1512 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th May 2020, 17:11   #18
Team-BHP Support

Lovely narration and fantastic pictures ABHI_1512! Good to hear that the EcoSport made it up to Bumla. When we went there in 2015, we had to engage 4WD in our Thar on the way to Bumla and none of the tourist Tata Sumos could make it till the top. The loose rocks and the streams from melting snow make the road horrible. I think the road gets much better from September till March.
BlackPearl is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th May 2020, 21:54   #19
BHPian

Abhi_1512, small world indeed. I did my schooling from Arunachal Pradesh, mostly Itanagar during the senior classes. I joined KV-Naharlagun at 8th std in 2002 and then shifted to KV-No-2 , Itanagar. Oh man, this post of yours has brought back all the memories flashing right across my mind.

I was a regular at the BSNL complex and Ita fort Courtesy my girlfriend who used to live there. I cant believe I used to walk from Ganga market to Ita fort to Zero Point and back. The Naharlagun route is as scenic as it can be. My dad's RX 100 and me did innumerous trips to Nerist, Naharlagun and back.

Thank you for sharing the pics. Happy miles.
Tuisha110HP is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th May 2020, 00:20   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
Lovely narration and fantastic pictures ABHI_1512! Good to hear that the EcoSport made it up to Bumla. When we went there in 2015, we had to engage 4WD in our Thar on the way to Bumla and none of the tourist Tata Sumos could make it till the top. The loose rocks and the streams from melting snow make the road horrible. I think the road gets much better from September till March.
Thanks BlackPearl, Yes, the road to Bumla was almost not a road back in the days. It was a path carved out of the rocks and was only for Military trucks. Later on after 2011, the roads somewhat improved for the local Sumos to take tourists but it was still not an ideal road. During my visit though, the roads were being widened and smoothened at some places but the loose rocks were still there and hence my fear of sidewall rupture. You and your 4WD escapades are legendary, so salutations for those.

Regards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuisha110HP View Post
Abhi_1512, small world indeed. I did my schooling from Arunachal Pradesh, mostly Itanagar during the senior classes. I joined KV-Naharlagun at 8th std in 2002 and then shifted to KV-No-2 , Itanagar. Oh man, this post of yours has brought back all the memories flashing right across my mind.

I was a regular at the BSNL complex and Ita fort Courtesy my girlfriend who used to live there. I cant believe I used to walk from Ganga market to Ita fort to Zero Point and back. The Naharlagun route is as scenic as it can be. My dad's RX 100 and me did innumerous trips to Nerist, Naharlagun and back.

Thank you for sharing the pics. Happy miles.
Ah, great to hear from you junior. I passed out from the old school building so the charm is lost for me. I still have my friends in the BSNL complex. RX 100 was my favourite bike from the days gone by but I ended up riding the Kawasaki KB100! Great to find someone from my Alma-mater here, keep in touch,

Regards.
ABHI_1512 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2020, 14:33   #21
BHPian

Pleasantly depicted travelogue ABHI_1512. All through the travelogue your returning to childhood days is prominent. Lovely Pictures and portrayal for fellow travellers are valued. I have just begun scanning travelogues on this space of the nation for my next vacation—Will experience other travelogues too. Performance of your Ecosport amazed me.
Travelmania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2020, 18:17   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelmania View Post
Pleasantly depicted travelogue ABHI_1512. All through the travelogue your returning to childhood days is prominent.I have just begun scanning travelogues on this space of the nation for my next vacation—Will experience other travelogues too. Performance of your Ecosport amazed me.
Thanks for your kind words Travelmania, childhood days are always the best. All the best for your future escapades,

Regards.
ABHI_1512 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks