Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th June 2020, 08:37   #16
BHPian

Re: Kolkata to Kannur (Kerala) drive in an EcoSport

Lovely travelogue, I must point out though, from your write up it appears as though you did 90% of the driving, in that case driving 15-16 hrs every day with less than 5 hrs of sleep for 3 days in a row is a risky proposition. Better to take a little extra time and restrict driving to 12-15 hours.

Now like in your case if you had delays enroute, then sleeping in a bit will be more helpful.

Just my thoughts, I never drive more than 12 hrs in a day. On occasion I have even parked by the roadside, kept an alarm and had a 30 min power nap in the noon time. It really recharges you.
Stribog is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2020, 21:59   #17
BHPian

Nice travelogue. You have decorated the journey with beautiful photographs. It is always a thrilling experience to drive such long destinations with few stops. Being an Ecosport owner is an added attraction to go through your travelogue in depth. Enjoy God's own country.
Travelmania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2020, 16:36   #18
GwD
BHPian

Thanks a lot for the lovely description and pics. Reminded me of my trip from Kolkata to Kodaikanal and back through mostly the same roads. You set a gruelling pace for yourself, was it really necessary? And about Fastag, I have been using Fastag since October 2016 and overall it has been a good experience for me.

Keep sharing. Drive safe. Best wishes.
GwD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2020, 10:09   #19
BHPian

Congratulations, topse. Nice read. The first photo in your travelogue made me scroll back to the title. An i10 instead of an EcoSport!

As anbusatish mentioned earlier sleeping with the car ac on can be fatal sometime due to the build-up of carbon monoxide inside the cabin. One can read quite a number is such instances in the news.

I was curious at your description of having a "cold shower" at the end of a tiring day. What I know is that a hot shower relaxes muscles.

Thank you for the write-up.
lejhoom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2020, 12:20   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GwD View Post
Reminded me of my trip from Kolkata to Kodaikanal and back through mostly the same roads.
Please share your experience from Kolkata to Kodaikanal. Definitely it will be a epic. Mostly drive towards North or North East.
Sukanta73 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2020, 09:43   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anbusatish View Post
Good travelogue. But, when you slept inside the car on the last stretch in a petrol bunk, you had mentioned you slept with AC on. Hope you had the Fresh air mode kept or some window slightly rolled down. As I understand it is unsafe to sleep in car with all windows rolled up and AC on.
Thank you anbusatish for your appreciation and kind words. We slept hardly for four hours everyday of our journey.
Rolling down the windows while sleeping with ac on is a good advice indeed. I will keep that thing in my mind during my next travel for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stribog View Post
Lovely travelogue, I must point out though, from your write up it appears as though you did 90% of the driving, in that case driving 15-16 hrs every day with less than 5 hrs of sleep for 3 days in a row is a risky proposition. On occasion I have even parked by the roadside, kept an alarm and had a 30 min power nap in the noon time. It really recharges you.
Thank you Stribog for the appreciation. Yes, its a very good idea to take a power nap enroute to reenergize ourselves. Will surely try that in my next itinerary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelmania View Post
Nice travelogue. You have decorated the journey with beautiful photographs. It is always a thrilling experience to drive such long destinations with few stops. Being an Ecosport owner is an added attraction to go through your travelogue in depth. Enjoy God's own country.
Thank you Travelmania. I have read your Sikkim travelogues and about pictures you are better than me at it. Yes, it was a great experience altogether for us and we enjoyed the ecosport ride totally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GwD View Post
Thanks a lot for the lovely description and pics. Reminded me of my trip from Kolkata to Kodaikanal and back through mostly the same roads. You set a gruelling pace for yourself, was it really necessary?
Thank you GwD for the appreciation. I am eager to read your triplog, it must have been almost same good experience as us except the speed of traveling you pointed out. Still, due to road circumstances we were delayed by 1/2 day. But it was a great journey altogether for us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lejhoom View Post
Congratulations, topse. Nice read. The first photo in your travelogue made me scroll back to the title. An i10 instead of an EcoSport!

As anbusatish mentioned earlier sleeping with the car ac on can be fatal sometime due to the build-up of carbon monoxide inside the cabin. One can read quite a number is such instances in the news.

I was curious at your description of having a "cold shower" at the end of a tiring day. What I know is that a hot shower relaxes muscles.

Thank you for the write-up.
Thank you lejhoom for the kind words. The first photo is kind of suspense about the blog

Yes, to avoid COx build up inside the cabin in such cases we can roll down the window a bit as anbusatish advised. I will try doing that next if ever I have to sleep in a car with ac on.

Yes, hot shower relaxes our muscles but I didn't require that as I was not having muscle soreness or cramps, I was not feeling tired, even after those almost 14-16 hours continuous driving , rather I felt sleepy during the night time only as it was my routine sleeping time (after 00:00). I was longing for a cold shower and a chilled ac room after all those sweaty summer-monsoon day drive.
topse is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2021, 12:25   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Good one & thanks for sharing. Can you quickly give a summaey of the route from Kolkata? Am looking to travel from New Town to Chennai. Seem like till Tirupati, the route is same as Bamgalore and then it splits to both directions?

Also if you can mention which stretches are bad, that'd be helpful. When I checked Gmaps, it shows 38 hours for about 1800 odd kms which seem insane.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks