Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Bicycles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th June 2020, 05:39   #46
BHPian

Re: A Bicycle Tour in the Eastern Ghats of Andhra!

Thanks for the wonderful pictures and post.
The latitude and altitude are the same. Why then an I surprised that it looks just like the western ghats. Just shows how poorly documented the area is.
On a personal note, I will not be able to do such a travel. I will be way too scared of personal safety traveling alone in isolated rural areas of any country for that matter.
Old 19th June 2020, 20:07   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithaca View Post
Such a beautiful travelogue to read during these semi-lockdown days.
Awesome pictures too.
Did you pick up the mustard flower flavoured Honey? If yes, was it slightly bitter as advertised?

Do continue making such trips and writing these travelogues. Your photos are worthy of putting up as laptop wallpapers.
Thanks Ithaca! Yes, the honey definitely tasted different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sree View Post
Thanks for the wonderful pictures and post.
The latitude and altitude are the same. Why then an I surprised that it looks just like the western ghats. Just shows how poorly documented the area is.
On a personal note, I will not be able to do such a travel. I will be way too scared of personal safety traveling alone in isolated rural areas of any country for that matter.
Sree, I feel safest when travelling on a cycle in the rural areas. People stop me sometimes to ask about by destination and where I am coming from. More often than not they will be concerned about the climbs ahead and have a sympathetic look on their face. And then the kids! They ask a ton of questions about the cycle and try to race with me
The most commonly asked questions:
Is that petrol? Pointing at my bottle with orange Gatorade
Is this tubeless tyre?
Does this have gears?
How much is this cycle?
Old 20th June 2020, 20:41   #48
BHPian

I haven't read such a beautiful travelogue since a while. The nature, the greenery, the road travel towards next destination without much worriness about uncertainties are the attractions of this blog. It's beautifully written accompanied by beautiful photos. Looking forward to read more such blogs.
topse is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2020, 23:36   #49

I am always amazed at the beauty of North East. You reminded that similar beauty can also be found in our own backyard. As a vizagite, I am proud. I sold my cycle as I never had a peaceful patch of road to ride in Bangalore. Now that I am moving back home, I’ll plan to buy one again. Thanks mate for the beautiful post.
MadScientist468 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2020, 13:25   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadScientist468 View Post
I am always amazed at the beauty of North East. You reminded that similar beauty can also be found in our own backyard. As a vizagite, I am proud. I sold my cycle as I never had a peaceful patch of road to ride in Bangalore. Now that I am moving back home, I’ll plan to buy one again. Thanks mate for the beautiful post.
Right, MadScientist468! Vizag has some lovely places to ride a bicycle or a bike. With due respect to your cycling capability, if the climb from S.Kota to Araku feels overwhelming, plan to take your cycle to Araku in a car and ride few days in and around Araku. Have a good stay at Vizag!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks