Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th March 2007, 19:51   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Sammy, look for a Garmin handheld and the device including maps could cost you anywhere between 35K-50K.

Also a good idea would be to use a Tom Tom device, just google for the website but, not sure i have seen any Tom Tom hand helds in India. I shouldnt be suggesting the above two brands, they are our competitors

Btw, I work for a company who also manafacture devices and maps for the world, but alas, none for India as of yet. Our brand name for the device is Geonav and just to know more about our company, check our web at navionics.com
Old 20th March 2007, 21:26   #17
Team-BHP Support

Some time during last December, around 20th I got a call from Ajay. He told me that around 29th-30th he should be in Bangalore. Upon asking him as exactly what time he’s reaching Bangalore so that I can wait for him at a convenient place….his reply was exactly this: Give me your house co-ordinates and I’ll be on your doorstep.

Ladies and gentlemen, meet Mr Ajay Narayan. A man with total determination, discipline and grit.

I’ve had a great time with him during our Ladakh trip. Most significant part is I’ve learnt so much from him. Sounds selfish but true.

Ajay, fantastic coverage. It takes a lot of guts to do what you’ve done and planning to do. I can only pray to get more time to spend with you. Trying my best to catch up with you. If nothing, I’ll ask for leave without pay.

there’s so much more to learn from you, my friend.
Old 20th March 2007, 23:23   #18
BHPian

My two words for GPS
I own a Garmin MAP60CS. It's a top of the line model and gives me everything. However, unless you are a GPS fan, know what you are doing and want to seriousely spend some time learning it, better buy a cheaper version. If you can tune yourself to be guided by GPS, then you could locate the destination and just head in that direction guided by your GPS. That's the very basic function which will also work in India with any GPS. Rest everything is rather complex for me to explain in a Chat-room like this. You probably will need external antennae (or at least keep in mind) because depending upon where you drive and how good your GPS model is, the signal strength can be very varied inside the vehicle....Cheers
Old 20th March 2007, 23:34   #19
BHPian

Rudra, that's very flattering. You are a very humble and nice person. I am looking forward to not only Ladakh but also the two glasses in the evening were equally thrilling...
Just charting the Kaza route as well as Zanskar route from Kargil to Padum. Will revert on it....Cheers !!
P.S. Saw your Mac in Zurich. What a machine !!! BTW, bought L-series 24-105mm 4.0 IS USM lens. Well now I have a range from 24 to 400. That should suffice for this tour...what say !!
Old 21st March 2007, 01:00   #20
Senior - BHPian

Ajay - Your travels are fantastic to read about! And I'm sure what Rudra says about you is absolutely true! Well next time you're in Delhi give me a buzz would love to meet a person like you & learn about some of your adventures first hand! Till then Good Luck & keep exploring!!
Old 21st March 2007, 10:47   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Ajay - Your travels are fantastic to read about! And I'm sure what Rudra says about you is absolutely true! Well next time you're in Delhi give me a buzz would love to meet a person like you & learn about some of your adventures first hand! Till then Good Luck & keep exploring!!
You are most welcome to contact me when I am in Delhi. Will be in Delhi on 20th June onwards till it's time to goto Ladakh around 5th July. Call me on 987 12 14 263 and we can arrange a meet.... looking forward...Cheers.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks