Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st July 2020, 11:30   #16

Re: Weekend Getaway - Chikmagalur in the monsoon with an Audi A3

Very nice write up . I liked your point on “ mental well being “ . If we are accustomed to a certain way , then a major change would affect us mentally or rather psychologically . And unless that is corrected ? Physical well being would not be possible . The new normal is here to stay , calculated risks need to be taken . For this pandemic the key word is “ viral load “ lower your contact with unknown people in terms of time and distance , the lower the viral load even if you get affected . Blissful motoring and love the mountainous roads in Karnataka .
bracesdoctor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2020, 12:10   #17
BHPian

what a coincidence, we have been also to the same resort around the same time (21 & 22-June) and loved the opportunity to take my car outside which I bought just before the lockdown. I loved the resort in the way they take care of sanitizing and social distancing for customers (I checked a few other resorts in person before finalizing this and they were very bad in handling the customers and following government SOP's). In fact, we were there on Sunday and Monday and saw the resort was running almost full to their allowed capacity.
soarer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2020, 20:47   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHelix0202 View Post
Nice and crisp report....
Are you thinking of giving it a remap?
Thank you! Naa, I'm sure the car can handle the additional power but I think I may not (getting old you see) and if something goes wrong I definitely cannot handle the financial drain

Quote:
Originally Posted by bracesdoctor View Post
Very nice write up ..
Thank you for your kind words!

Quote:
Originally Posted by soarer View Post
and loved the opportunity to take my car outside which I bought just before the lockdown. I loved the resort in the way they take care of sanitizing and social distancing for customers
Congrats on your new car! Did you roll in post 10:30 am. I usually take a mental picture of the cars in the parking lot
I agree the staff did everything they could to ensure the place was sanitized and made sure people didnt have to gather anywhere.
deepfreak15 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2020, 12:57   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepfreak15 View Post

Congrats on your new car! Did you roll in post 10:30 am. I usually take a mental picture of the cars in the parking lot
Sorry for the delayed response, yes I did check-in around 12 PM as they told me that check-in was possible only post that.
soarer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2020, 20:34   #20
BHPian

Nice write-up Deepak.

This angle makes it outstanding!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepfreak15 View Post
The side profile goes well even without mentioning it.

Quote:
Now that I am back home, in retrospect, did I really need to go for a weekend getaway?
I absolutely have walked in your shoes! I too did a Chikmaglur trip in July not just for fun but to pick my mother in law.

At first, I was very skeptical of going out. Cooped up for months at home, my car waiting for a month at ASC for parts.[Psst, VAG is known for that]
A little too much work from home had made a toiling life.

I am glad I just did! It was a refreshment not I deserved but needed.

PS: If you have read the new Rapid TSI review then you would know this drive is no regular Deepak drive
sangam_mm93 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks