Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th March 2007, 14:52   #1
Senior - BHPian

Trip To Haridwar-Rishikesh (horrible roads)

Hey Guys,

This weekend I took a trip to Rishikesh and Haridwar. It started all of a sudden i was sipping coffee at my home when this trip worm bit me and all of a sudden i wanted to go some where and did some research on the internet and chose Rishikesh. I have been there before but it was the first time for my wife so she was quite excited, upon asking my parents they were also happy about it and on Sunday at around 10:30 am we left Delhi there were 5 people inside the car including me and my dog, the moment we left our home my dog started panicking and started running all over us
So had to stop by at a friend’s place so that they could take care of our dog, so effectively we left at around 11:30 AM form Delhi. With in 30 minutes we had reached Ghaziabad but then there was this election campaign going on where Rahul Gandhi was supposed to reach. The cops blocked the entire NH, yes you read it correct they blocked the entire highway. We reached Merut in about 1 hour then this ordeal begun. The roads were pathetic trust me guys petrol is about 6 rupees costlier than Delhi in this region and still the roads were horrible it looked as if the government had paid someone to dig holes on the road. There were equidistant potholes (I don’t know how they achieved them). The journey which usually takes about 4 hours took freaking 7-8 hours the road was bad till Muzzaffar Nagar and then they were ok but not very good. As always said misery always loves company, there was solar eclipse on Monday and all the temples were closed till the time the eclipse was over so this lead to a huge crowd gathering at each temple. Finally I would say the trip was an absolute mess and my sprained back is a proof. Any ways guys after proof reading this entire story I would say I do horrible write ups but I wanted to bring every BHPIN’s attention to the state of roads in a state where fuel prices are the highest.
Old 20th March 2007, 14:56   #2
Senior - BHPian

Well you should have asked before leaving & I would have told you the state of the roads in this area. Was in Meerut on saturday itself, after the recent rains most of the roads are damaged & in a poor state.

And Petrol is expensive by 3rs. not 6 as mentioned by you!! Stop exaggerating
Old 20th March 2007, 17:00   #3
BHPian

The saying is that the path to Nirvana (guys ain't talking rock here but the rocky ride our friend had) doesnt come too easy. You had a difficult time no less but am sure that your perseverence inspite of the hardships would earn you those bonus points with the almighty. God bless for not having turned back and going on buddy. Sometimes it's not the journey but the destination that matters.
Old 20th March 2007, 18:40   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
2 rs. exactly. it's 42.85 per litre in Delhi; and 44.85 in UP.

\N
Old 20th March 2007, 20:21   #5
BHPian

muche cheaper than in most of the southern states

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntomer View Post
2 rs. exactly. it's 42.85 per litre in Delhi; and 44.85 in UP.

\N
That is still a lot cheaper than in most southern states, regular here cost Rs 48.50. I think it is more expensive in Bangalore and probably a rupee or two less in Chennai.
Old 20th March 2007, 22:20   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Well you should have asked before leaving & I would have told you the state of the roads in this area. Was in Meerut on saturday itself, after the recent rains most of the roads are damaged & in a poor state.

in delhi is 42 rupees and in merut its 48 for normal petrol so 48-42=6 Rs correct?
Old 20th March 2007, 23:07   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar View Post
in delhi is 42 rupees and in merut its 48 for normal petrol so 48-42=6 Rs correct?
Normal in Meerut is 44.85-odd as correctly pointed out by Ntomer. You must have been charged 48 for one of the premium fuels.
Old 29th March 2007, 13:55   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar View Post
I wanted to bring every BHPIN’s attention to the state of roads in a state where fuel prices are the highest.
Did you expect anything better in a state where the fastest growing "industry" is kidnapping and extortion !!
Old 29th March 2007, 14:14   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadival View Post
Did you expect anything better in a state where the fastest growing "industry" is kidnapping and extortion !!
Then what is that Big B's ad for? "UP mein zulm kaam hai"

Abhi
Old 29th March 2007, 14:15   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadival View Post
Still we see the TV ad from Amitabh Bachaan saying " UP mein dum hai kyun ki jurm yahan kam hai" Does Mulayam or Amar singh think that they can fool around with janta if they use amitabh's goodwill.
Old 7th September 2008, 17:40   #11
BHPian

current state of roads for Delhi to Haridwar

hi Guys,
anyone has recently drove down to haridwar? how is the state of the roads? i m planning to drive with a friend sometime in 1st week of oct.
thanks
Old 7th September 2008, 18:01   #12
Senior - BHPian

Delhi to Meerut is in a bad state, ahead of that I've not travelled in the recent past.
Old 16th September 2008, 21:49   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
hi Guys,
anyone has recently drove down to haridwar? how is the state of the roads? i m planning to drive with a friend sometime in 1st week of oct.
thanks
Just got back from a trip to Rishikesh and Mussoorie. (Travelogue coming up soon)
Delhi - Meerut is in a bad state as mentioned by Iraghava and it gets even worse ahead of that.
The route from haridwar to rishikesh was pathetic thanks to the landslides.
At some points the road was just enough wide for one vehicle to pass.
Old 19th September 2008, 12:42   #14
BHPian

The road from rishikesh to haridwar is alway s in a broken state and alway s full of bus and truck traffic !! It s the gateway to badriath kedarnath gangotri jamnotri trip s which are like open for approximately 4-5 mth s around the year . The term HARI DWAR is so becoause it lead s to these char dhaam s hence the name hari dwar the door to god s !!
Regards
SAajaN
Old 11th August 2009, 19:07   #15
BHPian

i am planning a trip to haridwar. what is the state of the roads now? anyone?

Last edited by drkunaldas : 11th August 2009 at 19:08.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks